WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flex Alerts - And California Wants To Outlaw Gas Vehicle Sales

DWC

Reaction score
How long.
We’ve really only used the Barstow supercharger. Damn thing flies. It’s a 15-20min stop to top off to get to Havasu. That being said, I can’t imagine only having an EV. I keep my truck above 1/2 tank usually closer to 3/4 at all times. If i end up in police chase i don’t want some wussy 15min deal.

Also, usually keep the EV above 1/2. Wife bumped it to get ready for last week’s trip. No issue with most emergencies here.
A5344E3F-BB89-4F8A-B727-400A52D10D5D.jpeg

Your ad here

Reaction score
In a bad accident, how well will the battery on these electric cars stay contained and if the battery ruptures, what would happen? Explode, major hazmat, severe bodily damage?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
The world will have to work out what to do with millions of disused car batteries

"The rate at which we're growing the industry is absolutely scary," says Paul Anderson from University of Birmingham.

Much of the substance of a battery is reduced during the recycling process to what is called black mass - a mixture of lithium, manganese, cobalt and nickel - which needs further, energy-intensive processing to recover the materials in a usable form.

Most recycling revolves around using heat to melt the batteries down to slag, followed by chemical separation techniques that recover specific metals like cobalt. But these so-called pyro and hydro-metallurgical techniques are energy intensive and produce toxic gas byproducts, and the materials they recover are often low quality.

_118173837_gettyimages-1231680055.jpg