WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flip-up windows......anyone have the hookup?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
One of the things we're looking at doing with the river kitchen remodel, is building a bar that backs to our riverfront window. If we could make the window a flip-up unit, we could extend a countertop thru the window to the outside and serve from both inside and outside, which would be awesome in the cooler months. Looking at a 72" x 46" window.

I found them here, but they are damn expensive - $4800 and up for a single window!

They are pretty trick though, concealed gas struts and heavy duty construction.

Does anyone on RDP deal with these types of windows? I know there was a member that specialized in the folding window-walls, which are also bad ass.

1608091152907.png

Reactions: DWC

wzuber

Reaction score
Yikes...that 1 spendy unit there...nice but $$$$
Do they make French doors for midgets?
That might be cheaper?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
One of the things we're looking at doing with the river kitchen remodel, is building a bar that backs to our riverfront window. If we could make the window a flip-up unit, we could extend a countertop thru the window to the outside and serve from both inside and outside, which would be awesome in the cooler months. Looking at a 72" x 46" window.

I found them here, but they are damn expensive - $4800 and up for a single window!

Does anyone on RDP deal with these types of windows? I know there was a member that specialized in the folding window-walls, which are also bad ass.

View attachment 952290
The folding window walls inmate is @beaverretriever

SoCalDave

Reaction score

View attachment 952290
I take it that's not installed, correct?
Do you want the whole kit and Kaboodle done to just sit down and enjoy that first one. 😁
Other options would be window delivered and installed or window delivery only.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Would a slide up window work? They come in pretty standard sizes. I have two of them in my house. They look like all the other windows, but they slide up to open instead of sliding sideways to open.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I take it that's not installed, correct?
Do you want the whole kit and Kaboodle done to just sit down and enjoy that first one. 😁
Other options would be window delivered and installed or window delivery only.
Window only, we can pickup if in SoCal area. DIY special!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Would a slide up window work? They come in pretty standard sizes. I have two of them in my house. They look like all the other windows, but they slide up to open instead of sliding sideways to open.
The thing with these windows is they fold up and leave a flat counter surface at the bottom. We could probably adapt something and make a Beverly hillbilly’s version.....hell we may have to, I’m on a budget! Lol

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Boy that was quick!
Would this work or do you need exact size?

20201215_212334.jpg

629788863.jpg

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
The folding window walls inmate is @beaverretriever

Thanks Bobby!

Ours do not flip up but stack just like our door systems to one side or the other, or both.

Size can be entered in here for a quick quote.

However, from the dimensions listed above in that photo (65x41 or so) our system would be about 3500.00 with low E and argon. They will operate just like the door system. Open just like a door, slide over panels, pivot and stack.

However, the ease of use of the flip ups are very nice.