WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Floor coating expert needed in Havasu ...........

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Looking for a professional concrete floor coating/painting contractor for a 900 ft + indoor room .

Need to do this NOW, or very soon .

Want it to be 'blue with silver flakes' .

The space is all cleared out, and ready to go .

Thanks in advance for any help ..........

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
there is a guy on here named corona Chris.. but in Havasu I think Curb Appeal is the costing guys.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd pass on a naked dude doing my floor for me. Just a thought. :D

Joker

Reaction score
Looking for a professional concrete floor coating/painting contractor for a 900 ft + indoor room .

Need to do this NOW, or very soon .

Want it to be 'blue with silver flakes' .

The space is all cleared out, and ready to go .

Thanks in advance for any help ..........

Whats the floor going to be used for and whats the condition of the existing concrete? I'm not sure what you mean when you say blue with silver flakes? Blue and silver chips? I'm not saying I'll give you a cost, but others may want to know.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Also looking for epoxy floor for a new build double RV garage, 1250 sq ft. LHC south side. Curb Appeal and Associated Concrete to give estimates. Who am I missing?

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Whats the floor going to be used for and whats the condition of the existing concrete? I'm not sure what you mean when you say blue with silver flakes? Blue and silver chips? I'm not saying I'll give you a cost, but others may want to know.

You have a back log of jobs already in Havasu. :D

AzGeo

Reaction score
The floor is in our 'indoor - outdoor room', bar stools, sofas, chairs, tables, spilled drinks, passed out/comatose humans, etc .

Blue with silver flakes, means blue back round with 'chrome like' mylar flakes over the base and clear over everything .

It was done once, by one of the companies mentioned above, and they made a mess out of it . They painted OVER DIRT, the clear went yellow on the third day, did not fix 'small concrete chips', dented the 'stainless toe kicks', and the flake is heavy in one place, nothing in others . They were so sloppy that the flake was thrown in an area where a square can was sitting on the floor . YOU CAN SEE the outline of the can, with heavy flake and no flake, under the can bottom . They also did not finish the edges, and damaged one door so badly it will need body/sanding and paint work .

The floor was 2 years old with no stains of grease on it, before the 'first epoxy mess' was done .

The material they used was as thin as water, and the whole job is just 'sloppy' . Guy says he will 'fix it', but is going to send the SAME GUYS back to FIX the sloppy mess they made the first time ?

I went back and 'touched up' all the splatters, and blue paint on every wall and cabinet, after the first job .

Just 'fired' a guy who had a starting date of Monday, he came over at 5PM and left at 6PM, got nothing done .

NOT ONE WORD yesterday, the day we were going to 'test flake install with a roller' .

Comes today around 11.15AM, with blue paint and NEVER PREPPED a Fing thing ?

Havasu Professionals ?

NEITHER of these EXPERTS was the lowest price, both came highly recommended .............

You can see in photo #3 under the watermark, there are 'dark flake areas', and 'no flake areas' all over this floor .

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 22

Joker

Reaction score
The floor is in our 'indoor - outdoor room', bar stools, sofas, chairs, tables, spilled drinks, passed out/comatose humans, etc .

Blue with silver flakes, means blue back round with 'chrome like' mylar flakes over the base and clear over everything .

It was done once, by one of the companies mentioned above, and they made a mess out of it . They painted OVER DIRT, the clear went yellow on the third day, did not fix 'small concrete chips', dented the 'stainless toe kicks', and the flake is heavy in one place, nothing in others . They were so sloppy that the flake was thrown in an area where a square can was sitting on the floor . YOU CAN SEE the outline of the can, with heavy flake and no flake, under the can bottom . They also did not finish the edges, and damaged one door so badly it will need body/sanding and paint work .

The floor was 2 years old with no stains of grease on it, before the 'first epoxy mess' was done .

The material they used was as thin as water, and the whole job is just 'sloppy' . Guy says he will 'fix it', but is going to send the SAME GUYS back to FIX the sloppy mess they made the first time ?

I went back and 'touched up' all the splatters, and blue paint on every wall and cabinet, after the first job .

Just 'fired' a guy who had a starting date of Monday, he came over at 5PM and left at 6PM, got nothing done .

NOT ONE WORD yesterday, the day we were going to 'test flake install with a roller' .

Comes today around 11.15AM, with blue paint and NEVER PREPPED a Fing thing ?

Havasu Professionals ?

NEITHER of these EXPERTS was the lowest price, both came highly recommended .............

You can see in photo #3 under the watermark, there are 'dark flake areas', and 'no flake areas' all over this floor .

Here's what you're up against. The floor needs to be either bead blasted or ground to bare concrete. Seeing how the joints weren't filled first, getting the coating out of there without creating dust will be impossible.
I get that you want blue and silver, but broadcasting silver chips evenly will rarely be achieved. I can't see their broadcast but I get what you're saying. Why not use the blue that you want in a chip along with silver? This way it will be uniform. Seal it with a chemical resistant urethane that won't yellow.
If you want to create your own chip mix,
Go to chipsunlimited.com and create your blend online to view it.

Joker

Reaction score
Look at SJPs build thread and see if a lava flow product would look better. It will be slicker than snot though but the appearance for home use will be far more superior than a chip look. Just throwing it out there so you don't have to do this again.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Getting joker to go to havasu and do some floor work, is like me getting my PayPal or even the money back from him.
Good luck I am still broke [emoji12][emoji202]

POW... right in the Ol' kisser [emoji2][emoji106]

AzGeo

Reaction score
they will just "paint over what is there, base, flake, and clear, and it will be fine" .

You are saying that the whole floor must be "back to bare concrete" before any more applications of materials can be done ?

If the whole floor needs to be "done over from the start", is the original painting company trying to do something that will not work ? They don't even address all the dirt in the paint, nor chips in concrete .

I keep saying 'paint', but it is 'epoxy', just a very thin 'paint like' Sherwin Williams brand epoxy material .

In my mind, it at least needs to be sanded, just to get all the dirt off/out of the existing surface .

Have the space cleared of everything, ready to work on, but don't know what direction to go .

I've never 'cut corners' on any of this work, went with 'well known contractors', and certainly not the 'cheapest price' but I just want a floor that looks good and lasts .

Thanks for all the ideas and replies .

Patyacht

Reaction score
they will just "paint over what is there, base, flake, and clear, and it will be fine" .

You are saying that the whole floor must be "back to bare concrete" before any more applications of materials can be done ?

If the whole floor needs to be "done over from the start", is the original painting company trying to do something that will not work ? They don't even address all the dirt in the paint, nor chips in concrete .

I keep saying 'paint', but it is 'epoxy', just a very thin 'paint like' Sherwin Williams brand epoxy material .

In my mind, it at least needs to be sanded, just to get all the dirt off/out of the existing surface .

Have the space cleared of everything, ready to work on, but don't know what direction to go .

I've never 'cut corners' on any of this work, went with 'well known contractors', and certainly not the 'cheapest price' but I just want a floor that looks good and lasts .

Me too. I have 2100 sq ft to be done and wondering what it would cost.

Joker

Reaction score

I wouldn't go over anything someone else applied. If it's not a high build, it's garbage.
What product did they use?

AzGeo

Reaction score
I only know that it is a product made by Sherwin Williams, and it is thin like paint .

The SW factory rep came out to look at the 'yellowing of the clear', and he confirmed that it was 'SW epoxy paint' that was used .

If this floor needs to be 'ground down and sand blasted' in order to 'start from scratch' to get good adhesion, then the original painters will not be able to 'warranty' any part of this job if they just 'paint over existing paint', and I don't want that .

I fear that the 'second paint job' will NOT STICK and then it starts 'chipping off' around the bar stool legs, and traffic areas .

Why would any 'known painting contractor' try to 'paint over' and then take a chance that it won't fail ? He knows that I will not 'just let it go' ..........

Joker

Reaction score
No epoxy will stick to another epoxy after it's cured. It needs to be sanded down and coated again. If you were to go with a different contractor, they would be stupid to go over what's there.