WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Florida, here. Never introduced myself.

Kapn.K

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I signed up back in March but never introduced myself. I'm Steve in the Florida space coast. I grew up dreaming of someday having an offshore, deep-v. I've been looking at them for about 2 years but have since changed direction. I've got grandkids and now the west coast style open bows have really been speaking to me. So many builders of great looking ones out west. The ocean is about 25 minutes away. The intracoastal is about 5. I think I'd spend a lot more time on the water having fun with the family with a smaller setup and probably save a bunch of money. I imagine when I'm ready to do something, I'll be getting something from out your way. Just here to learn, for now. Thanks for having me.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Hey Kapn...

Welcome. Have you ever riden in the front of an open bow boat? I have. And it's not something I'd ever wanna do again.

I wouldn't want my family in the front of one, especially out in the big blue!

Go sit in the front of one in rough water before you make a decision on one. 👍

Kapn.K

Reaction score
Yes and I wouldn't take it(or the kids) out in the ocean. Just river cruisin'. 21-23'.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome Kapn. 👍
I read that as you wanting to utilize the ICW now that you have grandkids.
A lot of deck boats coming from the west coast builders, which is great if beaching for in/out access. Not the greatest for the kids' towables though.
I'm not familiar with water conditions in the ICW so can't say how the ride would be but what little I do understand either a V or modified cat(deck) would do fine.
Good luck with your search and then have a blast with those kids👍