WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flu n Cold Season. Anyone still use or have a Vicks Vapo Rub story?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Did your mom every rub it on your chest and the bottoms of you feet and your nose and wrap you up in hot towels when you were sick? Ya felt better in the morning. Some of my friends moms made them swallow a finger full. States on the label not to be taken internally.
Did that stuff really work?

Girls are using it today in (not on) their princess spots. Freshens it up goes the tale.
vagoota.png

giphy-79.gif

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Don't know how but the stuff seems to just work

Last edited:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
My Mother was big on that shit.....Yup on finger load in the mouth to stop or sore throat.

I won' t allow it in the house. Same thing with Pepto Bismo. The smell or taste of either brings bad memories.:eek:

HBCraig

Reaction score
Used to on the kids. Wife swears by it when they are sick

Lather up the entire feet then put socks on and go to sleep. It works.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Used quite a bit by firefighters. DB's, GI bleeds, Vomit. A little bit on the upper lip helps out a lot with the bad smells;)

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Yup, love to use it when I'm sick

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wettrthebettr

Reaction score
I have used it for 48 years and longer from my mom. States on the label not to be taken internally, But it works best in my nose, on the chest and used on a steamer.
If you want to get a laugh Call vick's and tell them you use if in your nose, LOL they will ask you all kinds of Questions, Where do you live, phone number, email, How many years have you used it that way, What store did you buy it from. I told them It works great in the nose. LOL they had a fit. LOL
Put it on your toe nails to get rid of fungus, Orders from my doctor

jbird

Reaction score
My Mother was big on that shit.....Yup on finger load in the mouth to stop or sore throat.

I won' t allow it in the house. Same thing with Pepto Bismo. The smell or taste of either brings bad memories.:eek:
I didn’t know people ate that shit. Sounds terrible!
Mom would put it on our chest. Great for clearing the sinuses.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are recommending it... PLEASE.... give more specific information

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I don't know if it helps shorten symptoms at all, but it definitely helps me sleep by keeping my sinuses clear. My wife hates the smell.of it so I have to make sure the girls get it on them when they are sick. I prefer the chest and upper lip area. I haven't really tried the feet cause being about 6' away from the air intakes it seems pretty counterintuitive.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RichL

Reaction score
We use it to heal chapped lips. Put a little on the lips before going to bed. Wake up to relief.

HST4ME

Reaction score
I had the hack of death from just before Christmas to the end of January. Doctor had me on LSD cough syrup and other shit..and I found an old tub of vapo rub and after a hot ass shower spread that shit all over my chest, under my nose and wrapped up like a mummy like when i was a kid. Stuff works.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My youngest is the one that will get the "hack of death" that hangs on. He is 11. I don't know how, but buttering up his feet with that stuff makes it go away and he can sleep. Couple nights in a row, and he's cured.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
I'm 55 and I've used it on my chest and under the nose but never heard of the in your mouth or bottom of feet deal.. Hey if it works more power to you.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My mom would boil up some herbal tea in a pot, put a towel over my head and make me put my face over it.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Strip on the upper lip, rub all over the chest after a hot as fuck shower...it just works to unclog ya!

Never had it on my feet but will try it next time!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My mom would boil up some herbal tea in a pot, put a towel over my head and make me put my face over it.

Pretty sure that’s called “waterboarding” [emoji90]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I heard about a guy who used it to coat the inside of his nose ...until he discovered cocaine... changed the whole game... From what I heard he’s been broke for decades...Dunno???...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Elderberry helps to prevent getting sick and I gotta tell you it freakin works!