WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flushing your outboard

Duramax

Reaction score
After we would run in the salt water with my inboards, I would always flush them with salt-away. Does anyone flush their outboards after fresh water use? Anything that cleans up the water passages or even coats them to keep them clean and happy?

hallett21

Reaction score
After we would run in the salt water with my inboards, I would always flush them with salt-away. Does anyone flush their outboards after fresh water use? Anything that cleans up the water passages or even coats them to keep them clean and happy?

I flush the motor before and after each day when it’s at our house in havasu. I do it through the Merc hose fitting. Motor stays off using this.

I mainly do it in the morning first day out to get water around everything so it’s not a “dry” start. I’m sure I’m crazy but whatever lol.

I flush it at the end of the day to make sure there’s no sand/debris in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I only flush ours after salt use. I also pull the cowls & WD40 EVERYTHING

JLG614

Signature Garage Design / Epoxy Flooring
Reaction score
I only flush ours after salt use. I also pull the cowls & WD40 EVERYTHING

we are new to ocean boating. my dad just picked up a Mystic 3800 center console with triple 400's. It has a flush system installed so we just hook up a hose and it does each motor individually for 15 minutes. I them do what lakepal said and take each cowling off and use almost a full can of WD40 on all three engines

IMG_1300.jpg

Duramax

Reaction score
I flush the motor before and after each day when it’s at our house in havasu. I do it through the Merc hose fitting. Motor stays off using this.

I mainly do it in the morning first day out to get water around everything so it’s not a “dry” start. I’m sure I’m crazy but whatever lol.

I flush it at the end of the day to make sure there’s no sand/debris in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like that, lol. I would assume we are all crazy with our boats!

Reaper1

Reaction score
we are new to ocean boating. my dad just picked up a Mystic 3800 center console with triple 400's. It has a flush system installed so we just hook up a hose and it does each motor individually for 15 minutes. I them do what lakepal said and take each cowling off and use almost a full can of WD40 on all three engines

View attachment 927707
Damn Nice CC!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

View attachment 927707

Bitchen. What does she run?