WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flying Flags

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
So I went from Corona to Huntington Beach and back on the fourth flying the American and Thin Blue Line Flag on my truck. I only got flipped off by one car of stoner looking guys. But, lots of people supported the flags.

This Saturday we're likely going to a country concert in Ventura. I like to support my country and law enforcement but is it stupid, given the times and aggressive crazies, to fly the flags 100 miles each way, especially through LA?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So I went from Corona to Huntington Beach and back on the fourth flying the American and Thin Blue Line Flag on my truck. I only got flipped off by one car of stoner looking guys. But, lots of people supported the flags.

This Saturday we're likely going to a country concert in Ventura. I like to support my country and law enforcement but is it stupid, given the times and aggressive crazies, to fly the flags 100 miles each way, especially through LA?

I would..

DWC

Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about the drive. Parking it somewhere would concern me. It’s not worth the potential damage from someone that has nothing to lose.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I wouldn’t worry about the drive. Parking it somewhere would concern me. It’s not worth the potential damage from someone that has nothing to lose.

It's a country concert where you have to stay in your car or in the bed of your truck 👍

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's a country concert where you have to stay in your car or in the bed of your truck 👍

B6E2C335-9CBE-4D29-B3FF-6C25B72DC10D.jpeg

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I was advised to remove all of our "Thin Blue Line stickers" to prevent and vandalism while parked for now by a LAPD Supervisor friend of mine....

gqchris

Reaction score
I was advised to remove all of our "Thin Blue Line stickers" to prevent and vandalism while parked for now by a LAPD Supervisor friend of mine....

I agree with Jeff, I dont need any damage to my cars.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I thought about taking my wife to that concert.

Havazoo

Reaction score
And that's why we're in Havasu but don't tell anyone.
Havasu is closed, stay home !

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I thought about taking my wife to that concert.

He has a bunch of solid songs that should make up a good setlist.

On Sunday I told my wife, "Hey, Randy Houser has a ton of good songs! We should see him when this COVID bullshit is over and he's in town."

Monday, my buddy: "Let's take the superdutys up to Ventura and see Randy Houser!"

Me texting back in 2.5 seconds: "Yuuuuppppp"

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’ve been advised by FBI and My work to take stuff down
I have one Viking head in blue line on my truck. I’ll never take it down as I’m able to respond to idiots.
That said, totally understood non sworn take their stickers and flags down.

I only saw one other blue line flag besides mine three weeks ago in Havasu amd I get it.
Not worth property damage.
I chose to die for what I am long ago, so mine stand.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
The people who will vandalize your stuff are chicken shit and can’t handle confrontation. They won’t do anything while you’re around and able to bring consequences to them. As long as you’ll be with your truck, I wouldn’t worry about anything.

Rub what you support in their faces just like they do to us.

rrrr

Reaction score
Corona, CA...My brothers garage door was spray painted and car was keyed because of the Gadsen/don’t tread on me flag.
Late night. Solo dude in black hoodie/face mask on security cam

A motion detector tied to a bedside alarm plus plus a security camera connected to a monitor on the nightstand would be the setup to have.

In Texas, you could also add a handgun to the nightstand equipment, and it's legal to use it after nightfall.

I'm just sayin'.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

Do what you FEEL brother.... free country. [Maybe a little less lately]

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Admittedly I'm always a bit behind the times but someone please tell me what a "Blue Lined" flag symbolizes? I was raised in the south and I'm not even aware of why all the Californians are so worked up about our flag all the sudden. Everybody got very sensitive lately.....

1594176075714.png

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Admittedly I'm always a bit behind the times but someone please tell me what a "Blue Lined" flag symbolizes? I was raised in the south and I'm not even aware of why all the Californians are so worked up about our flag all the sudden. Everybody got very sensitive lately.....

View attachment 896856
The blue line flag is for law enforcement. There is another one for fireman.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

View attachment 896856

Blue is for law enforcement/ red is fire / green is military etc..

The flag in the back of your boat from what I was taught represented states rights over federalism.

Apparently nowadays it means you are a klan member. Lol. Because some idiot shot up a church and then some libs said so.

jailbird141

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is afraid of these kooks who don't like the flags and stickers and as has been said, they attack when no one is around or they are in mobs. For those that insist on keeping stickers or flags on their vehicles, think about what these kooks will do if they see your wife and kids driving the car or parking the car and you are not there. Is it worth the risk to your family?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Blue is for law enforcement/ red is fire / green is military etc..

The flag in the back of your boat from what I was taught represented states rights over federalism.

Apparently nowadays it means you are a klan member. Lol. Because some idiot shot up a church and then some libs said so.
Ahhhhhh Sooooo..... I'm a klan member if I fly confederate flag now, eh. Boy times have changed. I'm 61.....My childhood friend from Va is Rob E Lees direct descendant and he sent out all our classmates these flags last week. His family is very upset that folks are taking down statues in the south and changing the families legacy. I flew the flag Sunday to just get some reactions in the harbor. I was pleasantly surprised at all the thumbs up I got. [PS; my grandfather actually was a klansman back in Va in the 40's but we don't talk about it much]