WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flying X

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Heading into town for the weekend to support my buddy’s daughter. First live gig since the crapdemic started. Stop by Friday or Saturday night if you can to help support Kylie. Even if you’re not a “country” music fan per se do not fret, she’s an amazingly talented singer/songwriter and a budding superstar! You won’t be disappointed and I’ll buy any inmate I see a beer or three.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Sounds great, but is Flying X still being A-holes about the whole mask thing. Last time we were there a few months ago I swore I would not be back. They were mask nazis and you could not stand up at your table or walk around without masks and they were super quick to reprimand you if you did. I hope it has changed because there is some good music and I have had some good times there.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Yeah I hope it’s not that way now but I haven’t the slightest clue what their current policies are. Just happy she gets to play live again.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Sounds great, but is Flying X still being A-holes about the whole mask thing. Last time we were there a few months ago I swore I would not be back. They were mask nazis and you could not stand up at your table or walk around without masks and they were super quick to reprimand you if you did. I hope it has changed because there is some good music and I have had some good times there.
This.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
This may be right, may be wrong but we were told the flying X got closed up for Covid. Maybe call ahead and find out.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This may be right, may be wrong but we were told the flying X got closed up for Covid. Maybe call ahead and find out.
They did several months back, but I think they are open now

KoolPop

Reaction score
They are protecting their licenses......rightfully so!

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Heading into town for the weekend to support my buddy’s daughter. First live gig since the crapdemic started. Stop by Friday or Saturday night if you can to help support Kylie. Even if you’re not a “country” music fan per se do not fret, she’s an amazingly talented singer/songwriter and a budding superstar! You won’t be disappointed and I’ll buy any inmate I see a beer or three.

Just pulled her up on Spotify. She's got a great voice! Hope she makes it big 👍

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Flying X is definitely open. Show starts at 8. Hanging at the Nautical, super nice out. Almost forgot what it’s like out here in the wintertime! Won’t be making that mistake often again.
6749AB7E-A9D7-4BBE-A84E-6F9C7BBFBC43.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
There are 2 songs that just hit some nerve in me. A brown sound thing. These Are A Few of my Favorite Things song and the Flying X saloon commercial on the radio. Awful songs:) I wake up to a radio alarm. If that commercial is playing I am across the room in .000001 second.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Flying X is definitely open. Show starts at 8. Hanging at the Nautical, super nice out. Almost forgot what it’s like out here in the wintertime! Won’t be making that mistake often again. View attachment 962301
Pic of the lake with boots on is difficult for my brain to absorb🤪😖😂.
Have a great time at X seeing your friends talented daughter👍👍

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Pic of the lake with boots on is difficult for my brain to absorb🤪😖😂.
Have a great time at X seeing your friends talented daughter👍👍

Thanks! 😂 you’re talking to a guy who wears wool socks year around in footwear. Don’t care what the temp is! Didn’t even bring flops with me, like an idiot.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Place was packed last night, people waiting outside. Masks were not required and there was only one “seal team” security team member enforcing some sort of no dancing in the aisle rule. Kylie and the band killed it! She plays again tonight at 8 if anyone wants to join us for round 2.
F5EC2509-3E07-4248-927B-D259A1E16A0C.jpeg

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Bottom line up front (BLUF)

I probably should’ve listened to the RDP faithful, because I and the wife just now got 86’d by the fun police for sticking up for a random stranger and his lady who also got bounced. I’m now firmly in the camp of fuck that place! After I recover my card for a considerable tab tomorrow morning, said establishment will NEVER see another red cent from me. The Gunny wasn’t even out of line, and I damn sure could and/or should have been! Guess I’m getting soft.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
She is one talented young lady and she’s gonna hit it big!

rrrr

Reaction score
The music business is ruthless. It's nice to see such a young person working hard to break in.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score

When will she be back?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Bottom line up front (BLUF)

I probably should’ve listened to the RDP faithful, because I and the wife just now got 86’d by the fun police for sticking up for a random stranger and his lady who also got bounced. I’m now firmly in the camp of fuck that place! After I recover my card for a considerable tab tomorrow morning, said establishment will NEVER see another red cent from me. The Gunny wasn’t even out of line, and I damn sure could and/or should have been! Guess I’m getting soft.

How did the card recovery go?

Loo Dog

Reaction score
In retrospect, my bourbon edition review of the place overall may have been a tad harsh. Overall, the service and staff were all on point, save for one toothless (literally) idiot. Just don’t 86 my wife, the life of the party, for dancing (habitually, I admit) across some imaginary line and expect me to go quietly into the night.

Andy B.

Reaction score
In retrospect, my bourbon edition review of the place overall may have been a tad harsh. Overall, the service and staff were all on point, save for one toothless (literally) idiot. Just don’t 86 my wife, the life of the party, for dancing (habitually, I admit) across some imaginary line and expect me to go quietly into the night.

We all would have done the same!

JayBreww

Reaction score
Looks like she’s at Brewcaipa tonight. We’ll be there to show support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC