WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Flynn Flips...

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
but it is only for lying about talking to the russian ambassador after the election. nothing to see there. I heard he finally broke him financially and he had to before he had to sell his house.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Is there anything to the news alerts I got today regarding Kushner directing Flynn to set up meetings with the Russians?
Haven’t read them yet.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Haven't dug in enough to know.

I suspect there is something to see since he's agreed to testify against trump.

I wonder what he has already on his "radio" he's likely been wearing for a while.

Well see, could be nothing - could be huge.

UD

530RL

Reaction score
but it is only for lying about talking to the russian ambassador after the election. nothing to see there. I heard he finally broke him financially and he had to before he had to sell his house.

You could be completely correct.

But I wonder why would Mueller give up multiple charges against Flynn to include tax evasion that could have resulted in over 50 years in prison for a 6 - 12 month deal, as well as charges against Flynn's son? And why would the plea deal state that Mueller can charge him and his son with the other crimes if Flynn's "full cooperation and full coordination" is not deemed complete?

If all Mueller had was Flynn, why cut a deal with Flynn and spare Flynn's son? If Flynn didn't have additional facts to present to a grand jury, take Flynn and his son down and call the investigation over?

Why would Mueller cut a deal for simply lying to the FBI and not go for all the charges he believed he had against Flynn and his son?

Either Mueller and his team of prosecutors is incompetent, or there is another shoe to drop?

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score

But I wonder why would Mueller give up multiple charges against Flynn to include tax evasion that could have resulted in over 50 years in prison for a 6 - 12 month deal, as well as charges against Flynn's son? And why would the plea deal state that Mueller can charge him and his son with the other crimes if Flynn's "full cooperation and full coordination" is not deemed complete?

If all Mueller had was Flynn, why cut a deal with Flynn and spare Flynn's son? If Flynn didn't have additional facts to present to a grand jury, take Flynn and his son down and call the investigation over?

Why would Mueller cut a deal for simply lying to the FBI and not go for all the charges he believed he had against Flynn and his son?

Either Mueller and his team of prosecutors is incompetent, or there is another shoe to drop?
Nailed it. Prosecutor 101.

530RL

Reaction score
Nailed it. Prosecutor 101.

To be clear, I don't think anyone is going to jail for a 1799 bill known as the Logan Act. Incoming administrations regularly talk to foreign governments even if technically illegal.

The question remains, given most previous administrations have done it during transitions, why lie about it?

I don't get it nor where this is going other than a few more officials going to jail for lying and a fairly tough to prove obstruction case?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
To be clear, I don't think anyone is going to jail for a 1799 bill known as the Logan Act. Incoming administrations regularly talk to foreign governments even if technically illegal.

The question remains, given most previous administrations have done it during transitions, why lie about it?

I don't get it nor where this is going other than a few more officials going to jail for lying and a fairly tough to prove obstruction case?

I think this is how we get to wrapping this up into a nice little package. It sounds like there is Russian dirt on both sides of the aisle. Some one has to take the fall, and our election process can’t come out look porous, the optics of that are just bad all around. We get a couple guys for tax evasion, another guy or two for lying to the the FBI, every one says we are done here and shuts up.

I don’t know what will happen but another person or two will be charged with post election crap or pre election crap that has no bearing on the election. I don’t think anything earth shattering is gonna happen either way.

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score

How about when they talk to the Turks about kidnapping and extraditing dissidents living in the US in exchange for millions of dollars?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score

Comey had the same info and decided it wasn't worth pursuing before muller came along. I don't think they still have anything after a year that amounts to anything

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Haven't dug in enough to know.

I suspect there is something to see since he's agreed to testify against trump.

I wonder what he has already on his "radio" he's likely been wearing for a while.

Well see, could be nothing - could be huge.

UD

He didn’t agree to testify against Trump. 100% fake news put out by the corrupt deep state/Tard media!

This is nothing..........as usual against the President.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
possibly - I don't trust any news anymore.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mich...se-statements-fbi-documents/story?id=50849354

Is ABC fake news or not? I lose track of who is and isnt fake news when guys like fox arent except for when people don't like Shep Smith, then they are fake.

This place backed flynn early on claiming scapegoating, but it turns out there was more than that.

I think its to early to tell what if anything this means for El Presidente.

UD

jet496

Reaction score
This whole talk about hating the Russians sounds like racist liberal behaviors run amuck.

The Russians didn't have one thing to do with Killary losing the election & it's crazy that grown adults buy into the media saying they did.

530RL

Reaction score

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/mich...se-statements-fbi-documents/story?id=50849354

Is ABC fake news or not? I lose track of who is and isnt fake news when guys like fox arent except for when people don't like Shep Smith, then they are fake.

This place backed flynn early on claiming scapegoating, but it turns out there was more than that.

UD

Just as Alabama Christian Conservatives will condemn Weinstein, Lauer and Cosby, while at the same time sending Roy Miller to the Senate, it is nearly impossible to imagine a scenario where a Republican House will bring articles of impeachment and a Republican Senate will convict Trump.

Absent a change in the 2018 election in both the House and the Senate which is an unlikely scenario, I think El Presidente gets a pass.

Staff will pay, the Manager will walk. The establishment, and especially Trump and the politicians, will get a large tax cut and the working class and their children will get larger deficits.

Most of the time and in this case, people get exactly what they voted for and therefore deserve.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Flynn hasn't flipped, he just proved this point:
After 30+ years in the government you'd think he would have learned the most basic lesson.... Although he is a life long democrat.... :D:D:D:D

Flynn plead guilty to making false statements, there was no plea deal, there were no bigger charges. Remember the optics during this time (Muh Russia meddled in our election), Obama threw bullshit sanctions on Russia in a weak attempt to bolster the fake claims that russia hacked the election, the optics were bad, Flynn said the wrong things in the FBI depo, he should have said nothing.

They aren't even claiming anything flynn discussed with Kuslyak (sp) was illegal, in fact they said it wasn't explicity, just that he told the FBI something that they were able to contradict, which once again, go back and watch the above video.....

ABC had to retract their bullshit headline

https://i.redd.it/ml9kaezete101.jpg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
The dont talk to the police vid is required viewing in my home.

UD

jet496

Reaction score
All you libs better run & hide, I heard the Russians are coming, the Russians are coming, LMAO.

Mountains out of mole hills is the liberal just way hoping something, anything, will stick. I mean does any adult really believe a few conversations with Ruskies, or anybody, would affect this election.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This whole talk about hating the Russians sounds like racist liberal behaviors run amuck.

The Russians didn't have one thing to do with Killary losing the election & it's crazy that grown adults buy into the media saying they did.

Of course they did, just like they always do and always have- foreign meddling isn't a new thing.

Just like we meddle in other affairs continuously so do they - what effect it has is the question - and I can't see much.

Question I have is if its really all benign why all the subterfuge? - why all the lying around it rather than just coming clean?
I think it probably effects the guys around el presidente more than himself.

UD

Hullbilly

Reaction score
If a guy pleads guilty to lying to the FBI, Isn't he pretty much useless as a witness?

One would think credibility SHOULD be an issue....Giglio v US pretty much is the umbrella case covering candor issues and ability to testify

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
If a guy pleads guilty to lying to the FBI, Isn't he pretty much useless as a witness?

Excellent point....the FBI witness is a liar..... But keep in mind that a witness can not only offer testimony to "prosecute"", but can also testify to "exonerate" .....

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Excellent point....the FBI witness is a liar..... But keep in mind that a witness can not only offer testimony to "prosecute"", but can also testify to "exonerate" .....

Kangaroo court will be in session shortly!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Of course they did, just like they always do and always have- foreign meddling isn't a new thing.

Just like we meddle in other affairs continuously so do they - what effect it has is the question - and I can't see much.

Question I have is if its really all benign why all the subterfuge? - why all the lying around it rather than just coming clean?
I think it probably effects the guys around el presidente more than himself.

UD

El Presidents will be just fine.

This whole charade is just for the losing Never Trumpers and Tards to feel better about themselves for being so wrong about the election.

Stop spreading fake news Shep.

underpressure

Reaction score
IMHO, much adoo 'bout nuthin'....

Flynn definitely knew better than to lie to the FBI. But expecting to use this as a way to try to prosecute "a senior Trump transition team member" (aka Kushner) for a law made in 1799 that has NEVER been successfully prosecuted (and only tried a few times) and, even by liberal leaning constitutional law experts (not including Odumbo) as likely in conflict with 1st Amendments rights is a stretch. Keep wasting time Meuller, this isn't "collusion"...

Sandlord

Reaction score
About the only significance of this new development is that it gives the Mueller a valid reason to extend their investigation.
or as they say, Carte Blanch to use unlimited funds and authority to fuck with anyone they want.

squeezer

Reaction score
About the only significance of this new development is that it gives the Mueller a valid reason to extend their investigation.
or as they say, Carte Blanch to use unlimited funds and authority to fuck with anyone they want.

Isn't it GREAT!

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score

Serious question. If lying to Congress and/or the FBI is a jailable offense, why isn't HRC in jail for lying about Benghazi or the server/email debacle? It seams to me the typical punishment for this is a slap on the wrist, which amounts to nothing.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Serious question. If lying to Congress and/or the FBI is a jailable offense, why isn't HRC in jail for lying about Benghazi or the server/email debacle? It seams to me the typical punishment for this is a slap on the wrist, which amounts to nothing.

It was You Tubes fault.

saucedaddy

Reaction score

Because after 22 hearings there was NO proof..

squeezer

Reaction score

Ignoring the Benghazi drivel you embedded in there I have been wondering the same thing.

The way I see it the only way Flynn takes a deal is to avoid a much more serious set of charges against him and his son. The only way Mueller gives him the deal is if there is a much bigger fish to fry... So the only real conclusion is that Flynn was/is the tip of the iceberg.

All indicators are that there is at least one more shoe to drop before Kushner or Junior get charged. This puts Trump in a position of having to pardon family members or step down in exchange for a deal and hope Pence takes a page from President Fords book and hands out pardons for the good of the country.

I believe Pence was aware of the dealings but he is smart enough to have covered his tracks.

If you believe the reports that Trump was checking on pardon powers for himself/family 5 months ago you have to at least entertain the possibility that shits about to hit the fan...

https://www.axios.com/report-trump-...rdon-aides-family-and-himself-2462810274.html

Sandlord

Reaction score

Because Comey (Lynch) refused to let anyone put her under oath.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Hey saucer!
You ok there buddy?
You seem agitated lately, and a little off your game.
Don't tell me you're still teared up over this shit?

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Hey saucer!
You ok there buddy?
You seem agitated lately, and a little off your game.
Don't tell me you're still teared up over this shit?

Nope I'm great! Maybe all this running around getting restraining orders, ip addresses, putting up extra security cameras, training my dog to sniff out 10W30 etc, has been wearing me out a bit lately.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nope I'm great! Maybe all this running around getting restraining orders, ip addresses, putting up extra security cameras, training my dog to sniff out 10W30 etc, has been wearing me out a bit lately.
Lol!
Here's a friendly tip...check under the bumper of your carrolla and IF you find a small black box with a red flashing light just go ahead and toss it into the ocean.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
That is some funny shit, GPAU!!
:p:D

530RL

Reaction score

While I wait for the fuel truck I will give you the short serious answer.

HRC was a well educated lawyer, who practiced at a large firm and who had participated in thousands of depositions and been a first lady of a state and the country. And as a result, she knew how to lie without committing perjury. She knows the legal standard of what constitutes perjury and walked the line.

Sad but true.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
While I wait for the fuel truck I will give you the short serious answer.

HRC was a well educated lawyer, who practiced at a large firm and who had participated in thousands of depositions and been a first lady of a state and the country. And as a result, she knew how to lie without committing perjury. She knows the legal standard of what constitutes perjury and walked the line.

Sad but true.

Thank you. I appreciate the response.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score

UD

Yep, it's as fake as they come. http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2017/12/02/abc-suspends-brian-ross-four-weeks-without-pay/