WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FMCSA trainers

beerrun

Reaction score
Is anyone a certified FMCSA trainer? Went to take a kid to take his driving test today and they wouldn't let him test because I'm not a certified trainer something new if you got your permit after February 7th

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Silly question, what's FMCSA?
Federal motor carrier something?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
This makes me wonder how the mega carriers are getting around this. A guy with six months experience that becomes a trainer is he now considered certified WTF?

beerrun

Reaction score
Ri
This makes me wonder how the mega carriers are getting around this. A guy with six months experience that becomes a trainer is he now considered certified WTF?
Gh
Right I have been driving for 34yrs training guys coming through our company with no problems till today. Its a money thing along the line somewhere

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
One of the larger carriers (one with their own YouTube channel) had their own driver training program...pretty sure it was test as well. As pointed out, a money grab. The big companies probably just cut a check.

On a brighter note, my buddy posted a pic the other day, was finally able to put in 200gal for under 1k...so at least fuel is coming down:mad:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Ri

Gh

Right I have been driving for 34yrs training guys coming through our company with no problems till today. Its a money thing along the line somewhere
My guess would be the mega carriers got some sort of exemption for student drivers that go through their program.

This is what’s wrong with our system, the mega carriers can proclaim someone a certified trainer after six months of experience and a test if they’ve managed to meander down the road without hitting anything. It’s absolutely ridiculous, people that don’t know shit training people that don’t know shit.😡

beerrun

Reaction score
My guess would be the mega carriers got some sort of exemption for student drivers that go through their program.

This is what’s wrong with our system, the mega carriers can proclaim someone a certified trainer after six months of experience and a test if they’ve managed to meander down the road without hitting anything. It’s absolutely ridiculous, people that don’t know shit training people that don’t know shit.😡
😁😁😁😁

eand28

Reaction score
The new regs make it a complete pain to get your cdl. I was looking into getting mine to make some extra cash on the weekends and now you’re required to take a class which is ~$5k give or take.

Not very many classes are offered near me and the one is 4 weeks M-F and if I went weekends it would take a few months.

Since the mega carriers can train you it give more incentive to go through them since you’re stuck driving for them for a year or two

petie6464

Reaction score
Silly question, what's FMCSA?
Federal motor carrier something?
They are the leaders in transportation regulations and I'm almost positive the originator of the word: "Convoluted"

Also noted is their prowess in the area of regulations that are left open to interpretation of a roadside flunky.

beerrun

Reaction score
I just talked to a friend he ru s 20 trucks in san diego he had not heard anything about this same as me and said the same thing I said here its a BS money grab

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Maybe that's how Swift gets their "talented" crews? :rolleyes:

oops, edit: Monkey already touched on that? :)

beerrun

Reaction score
You guys are all funny with your SWIFT jokes 😁

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Oh, there still around in my area.......like cockroaches and Cher, they won't go away. :p
Yeah, definitely still around just don’t seem to get the ration of shit that they used to.😂

eand28

Reaction score
651FE5BE-E781-4BB1-85CB-025975C7AF11.jpeg
7074DC58-887E-4607-BE1E-BEAD46DCC0B0.jpeg

Speaking of ragheads. Guy managed to roll a truck over in a truck stop

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
You have to attend a federal license truck driving school post Feb 7th for like 30 or 40 hours I forget.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
The new regs make it a complete pain to get your cdl. I was looking into getting mine to make some extra cash on the weekends and now you’re required to take a class which is ~$5k give or take.

Not very many classes are offered near me and the one is 4 weeks M-F and if I went weekends it would take a few months.

Since the mega carriers can train you it give more incentive to go through them since you’re stuck driving for them for a year or two
Try 8-10k now

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Don’t worry they’ll all be self driving trucks in a couple of years to go along with your self driving electric cars. 😂

yard dog

Reaction score
Is anyone a certified FMCSA trainer? Went to take a kid to take his driving test today and they wouldn't let him test because I'm not a certified trainer something new if you got your permit after February 7th
It began in Feb 7 20 Entry Level Driver Training , affects everyone that wants a CDL or up grade an existing CDL or obtaining a school bus or Hazmat . In Ca in addition to the fed reg new CDL driver’s must complete a minimum of 15 hours behind the wheel training and submit the certification form dl1236 to the DMV as poof before testing .

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Who’s gonna load it. Who’s gonna rig the load. Who’s gonna retighten the rigging when it gets loose. Never gonna get rid of that
I was being a bit sarcastic. I am waiting to see how all these self driving vehicles do in the snow and blizzard conditions when the cameras and sensors are all blocked up with snow. You ought to know how well that shit works.😉😂

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He’s local to me. It’s a clean rig
View attachment 1140773
Yep, that'll do just fine. Always wanted to build something like that, but a lighter chassis...6BT maybe, motorhome chassis? Slammed with a polished aluminum roll back. Super lightweight in comparison, but I never towed more than 20k of hot rod crap. A car hauler with a sleeper, that looks like a beast, but rides like a caddy...🥰

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Yep, that'll do just fine. Always wanted to build something like that, but a lighter chassis...6BT maybe, motorhome chassis? Slammed with a polished aluminum roll back. Super lightweight in comparison, but I never towed more than 20k of hot rod crap. A car hauler with a sleeper, that looks like a beast, but rides like a caddy...🥰
Trucks never ride like a caddy lol

Volvo for the win

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Trucks never ride like a caddy lol

Volvo for the win
That's why I wouldn't want a "truck" designed for 80k rolling...just the facade. Well, unless I built out some 53ft double drop furniture van. Then I'd setup living quarters in front and a stacker garage out back;)

As for Volvo, I've messed with a couple of D12's and D13's...but a lot more familiar with the old school Cummins big cams or even a 3408. Simple stuff, Volvo's have too much modern stuff I guess.

Icky

Reaction score
I don't know what half of this stuff means. But does any of it apply to getting your class A non commercial?

FCT

Reaction score
So I got back to my yard and went on FMCSA website and registered as a trainer my application is pending
Let me know how that goes. My wife has her permit actually and we just got the letter about the new deal a few weeks ago. I’ll try to register if it goes well for you. Such a joke.

Edit: just saw your last post. So does that mean you can sign off on the training hours now?

Last edited:

beerrun

Reaction score
Let me know how that goes. My wife has her permit actually and we just got the letter about the new deal a few weeks ago. I’ll try to register if it goes well for you. Such a joke.

Edit: just saw your last post. So does that mean you can sign off on the training hours now?
Yes