WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FML just got a huge contract put on hold.

jetur

Reaction score
Just got a call from a large home builder that put a $1.2 mil contract on hold. We were supposed to start in a week so, I have 15 guys, (3) excavators, (2) loaders, a couple of backhoes and water trucks with nowhere to go. This builder has been great to work for spending $$$ hand over fist trying to get lots ready to go vertical. They are publicly traded so the stock market may be playing a role in this move.

Well tomorrow is a new day and I will have to find somewhere else for that crew to go. Knowing my luck they will try to get us going again once I find another project. Lol

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Bird in hand!!!! Times like these are why my bid volume is so high and I stretch my guys so thin. At this point we have 78 guys in the field, and not one of them is getting a day off until we are told we have to shut down.

jetur

Reaction score
Bird in hand!!!! Times like these are why my bid volume is so high and I stretch my guys so thin. At this point we have 78 guys in the field, and not one of them is getting a day off until we are told we have to shut down.
I'm with you, we are working where we can until they stop us.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Just got a call from a large home builder that put a $1.2 mil contract on hold. We were supposed to start in a week so, I have 15 guys, (3) excavators, (2) loaders, a couple of backhoes and water trucks with nowhere to go. This builder has been great to work for spending $$$ hand over fist trying to get lots ready to go vertical. They are publicly traded so the stock market may be playing a role in this move.

Well tomorrow is a new day and I will have to find somewhere else for that crew to go. Knowing my luck they will try to get us going again once I find another project. Lol

Welcome to the club.😭 I'm a general engineering contractor and between the constant rain and customers putting jobs on indefinite hold, it's starting to get scary.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Unfortunately a lot of projects will likely be getting the brakes pulled until the dust settles from the Corona.