WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Foggy windows

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I've heard there is a company here in Havasu that repairs/replaces foggy RV windows. I'm not finding a lot on the interweb. Has anyone here had it done? If so, what was the ballpark charge?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
There was a company in quartzite at the show doing it for 225 each. They are out of riverside i have their number at home if you want it.

I will be doing mine myself

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Auto glass boss might be the one that does the Havasu area? I know they do AZ and CA https://www.autoglassboss.com/

I think the going rate is about 200-225 per pane. It gets pricey... as a standard siding window has 2 panes.... some driver side windows have 3-4 panes etc

zhandfull

Reaction score
There was a company in quartzite at the show doing it for 225 each. They are out of riverside i have their number at home if you want it.

I’d like that number.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
pretty sure this is the company out of the riverside area.... I called a while back, and will most likely have them doing a few windows soon

Pretty sure thats them

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score

Riverside, CA?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score

This place did ours. Not in Havasu though. They used to be next door to Shockwave but I think they are in Riverside now.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I used Auto Glass Boss while in quartzite in few years ago. The came to my site and did 8 panes on site

$100 per pane...

Had a terrible experience with the quality of their workers and had to remove, reseal and reinstall 3 windows when I got home...

Initially I thought the young fellas they sent knew what they were doing...

I set up a 6' table, wife made them lunch, thought we were off to a good start...

At the time I wasn't familiar with the process so I didn't question what they were doing..just watched ...

After disassembling the windows and cleaning and reassembling they reinstalled the windows

but did not change the foam seal or add the bead of sealant around the top frame where it meets the sidewall..

I questioned him and he said they don't replace the foam seal and they dont add the sealant due to it may cause problems where the vinyl graphics met the frame. But he did offer to come back the next morning and add the bead of seal..

The next day he came back I told him F-it, I would take care of it.

The biggest issue was they left out probably the most crucial seal which was adding a black sealant around the edge of the 2 panes on top of the spacer prior the reassembly... and of course they are fogged again

This seal takes about 12 hours to dry and obviously not conducive to a one day job...

Plus they neglected to tell me about it...

At the time I was unaware that extra seal was necessary....

And yes they fogged up again within 2 years...

Since then I have defogged 2 other windows with great success and still have to redo the 8 they fucked up to add the seal on the edge of the panes...(the same windows I already had to R&R)

So my advice, watch a few YouTubes, be familiar with the process and makes sure they do it right the first time

It's quite an involved job but not difficult for an DIY ....

LazyLavey

Reaction score
pretty sure this is the company out of the riverside area.... I called a while back, and will most likely have them doing a few windows soon
I saw these guys at quartzite..... I think they got it together... they actually cut new replacement glass right on site at the QZ RV show to convert dual pane to single pane or they would repair dual pane.

Pretty costy but definitely professional!

DAVEO

Reaction score
USA replacement auto glass is doing mine in nor cal. There is one in Arizona you might check there