WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Following Teague Custom Marine's - GN 77 to the Parker Enduro

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
I pretty much decided what I want for OT's after looking at those pics.. :D They are extremely BAD ASS! The boat has a lot of detail in the rigging if you look close. (Shield on v-drive etc..)

RD

After reading about the v-drive slinging oil deal I'm not surprised about the v-drive shield. :D

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

STV_Keith

Reaction score
The boat is looking good John! Wave as you go by me in the little yellow Stoker. See you Saturday! :p

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I saw it hooked up and ready to go yesterday in the front. Hit it hard:thumbsup

AMBUSHER

Reaction score
The last 7 pics.. I hope you guys enjoyed it!!

The boat is insane. The fact they kept the original look of it, but brought todays power and rigging to the equation, just makes it that much more bad ass!

I have never had the chance to see an Enduro race, what kind of speeds do they see during the enduro?

TJ

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That is a nice piece! Good luck at the Enduro :thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
The boat is insane. The fact they kept the original look of it, but brought todays power and rigging to the equation, just makes it that much more bad ass!

I have never had the chance to see an Enduro race, what kind of speeds do they see during the enduro?

TJ

The year Gary won in his Schiada we had a radar gun with us on my buddies dock. We were clocking Gary and Teagues boats around 85-90 mph for most of the race. Occasionally they were faster and sometimes slower. But the average for them was around 85-90. The Nordics on the other hand were a bit faster. ;)

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Now you've done it :D

Everyone knows they are. That's what the handicaps are for. The year we had the radar out was Teagues first year back in the race. Teagues boat runs well. I know its faster than what we clocked them at. I'm sure they werent wide open the whole time. And probably even faster now with the changes they've made. I think they've got a really good chance this year if nothing breaks. I wish them well. Wish I could be there.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

TJ

The "average" speed of some of the fastest boats was in the 105-110 category meaning they were running well north of that in some parts of the course.

I'm writing an article about the "truth" in rule changes and why right now..

RD

sirbob

Reaction score
Thanks for the thread RD - looking forward to seeing it run on Sat.:thumbsup

AMBUSHER

Reaction score
The year Gary won in his Schiada we had a radar gun with us on my buddies dock. We were clocking Gary and Teagues boats around 85-90 mph for most of the race. Occasionally they were faster and sometimes slower. But the average for them was around 85-90. The Nordics on the other hand were a bit faster. ;)

Thanks for the info, going to have to make it out there for one of these races someday.

TJ

The "average" speed of some of the fastest boats was in the 105-110 category meaning they were running well north of that in some parts of the course.

I'm writing an article about the "truth" in rule changes and why right now..

RD

Thats got to be a ride, and for 300miles!:thumbsup

Looking forward to the article RD.

TJ

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Game time :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351283005.536638.jpg

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Best thread ever!!! Thanks for the great read John and Dave. Good luck at the Enduro.

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Hey John or Eric. Do you guys have any shirts that have the GN77 on them? I would swing by and pick one up. If you don't you should get some made up, betcha alot of the folks here would love to show some support:thumbsup

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
Met Bob Teague. Cool listening to him talk shop!

Got to talk to him for a couple of hours about CARB emissions and HP while we waited for RD to show up to his last saftey meeting. Completely overwelmed by the info he was sharing. Most call them trade secrets. :thumbsup

scootin newton

Reaction score
enduro.jpg the most hp ever behind my roll bar boat. started with the blown gn boat the picked up the teague boat on the way.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Teague had to drop out early due to a blown MSD box. Lots of boats didnt finish today! It was brutal out there today.

Tapatalk 2.0/HTC One

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
Hey John or Eric. Do you guys have any shirts that have the GN77 on them? I would swing by and pick one up. If you don't you should get some made up, betcha alot of the folks here would love to show some support:thumbsup

Hey there,

We dont have any with a picture of the boat.... (maybe for next year??) but I do have the retro themed shirts we've work the last 4 years. Cream colored, pocket on the front, GN77 on the front and and orange TEAGUE logo on the back.

Give Eric a call we can send you one!

JT

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
View attachment 230955 the most hp ever behind my roll bar boat. started with the blown gn boat the picked up the teague boat on the way.

Thanks for the lift! Not a bad freight train we had going!! I gotta tell you people, the only thing better than racing this thing is being in a patrol boat. I was enjoying myself watching everyone hauling the mail 30 ft away from us!

JT

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score
Alright, now that the dust has settled...

First off, thank you to everyone for all the positive comments and support. There were quite a few people who came up to me personally over the weekend to say how much they enjoyed this write up and look into the preparations of this boat. I love doing what we do because of all the enthusiasm of the powerboat community and all our customers.

We found an extremely good setup through testing on Thursday and Friday utilizing a new prop from Menkiens. Fixed a few bugs with the boat and fresh engine build/install on Friday morning (nothing serious) and turned up the blower overdrive a bit to keep up with the larger cam. We are still only running about 11 PSI max boost, keeping the engine in a range where we could actually run pump gas. For reference, the usual race gas 1450 HP setup is 15 PSI boost and can be run at 18 PSI boost with the same compressors.

I started the race yesterday. Let me tell you, that was the gnarliest 100 miles in that boat I have driven yet. It was ROUGH!!!! I settled in behind Gary (Red #17 Boat) and let him break up the water so I could get settled down for the first lap. He wasnt quite running the pace I needed to run, so on lap 2 I went for the pass. Deck to deck at 105 MPH down the tulies in front of the crowd at the pits did the trick. I was able to turn a couple of 3:49 laps, so far the confirmed fastest laps of any boat for the day. I was seriously shocked at the times I ran given how horrible the water was in the north half of the track. Seriously I had that boat completely on the side a few times. We had 5 GoPros running. Just wait for RiverDave and I to post the vids. ?

17 laps later my dad got in and laid down some nice laps of his own. Unfortunately, just as he was getting in a groove, the battery let go and the engine started shutting off and misfiring intermittently. Not good at 100 MPH. It died altogether across the river from the pits. We've killed batteries every year we run the boat. Both standard Group 27's and Oddyssey 1700's. Yes the beating things take in the boat is that bad. In years past, the boat will run fine on the alternator and then we change the battery at the scheduled pit. Josh (my future bother in law) and I have some ideas for redundant batteries and ignitions on switches for next year... stay tuned!

So then I got back in the boat after an emergency pit and (just like last year) went on catch up balls out mission. The water was just starting to get readable and nice and I could finally just leg it and haul ass. Then on the second lap in it missed and shut off.... MSD box got killed by the battery short. By the time I was towed in, there was no point in going back out.

So, yet again the enduro has its trials and tribulations. We learned a lot, as usual. The new systems that were installed in the boat and covered by this thread performed flawlessly. The V Drive did not puke one drop. The headers were nice and cool and didn't develop cracks or loosen (and looked bad ass). The new propellers and drive train as a whole were bitchin. Regardless, we are already thinking about how to improve the boat for next year.

Keep an eye out for pics and the onboard video. It will be very enjoyable.

Congrats to the War Canoe boys for a nice run. We went deck to deck a few times at 100 MPH for an entire 3 mile straight. The best that boat has ever run ever. Also thanks to Gary, John and the #17 boys for coming out. We love racing you guys and congrats on a good run.

See everyone at Monster Bash this weekend?

John Teague

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Hey there,

We dont have any with a picture of the boat.... (maybe for next year??) but I do have the retro themed shirts we've work the last 4 years. Cream colored, pocket on the front, GN77 on the front and and orange TEAGUE logo on the back.

Give Eric a call we can send you one!

JT

Cool, I'll stop by, I'm two miles away:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

First off, thank you to everyone for all the positive comments and support. There were quite a few people who came up to me personally over the weekend to say how much they enjoyed this write up and look into the preparations of this boat. I love doing what we do because of all the enthusiasm of the powerboat community and all our customers.

We found an extremely good setup through testing on Thursday and Friday utilizing a new prop from Menkiens. Fixed a few bugs with the boat and fresh engine build/install on Friday morning (nothing serious) and turned up the blower overdrive a bit to keep up with the larger cam. We are still only running about 11 PSI max boost, keeping the engine in a range where we could actually run pump gas. For reference, the usual race gas 1450 HP setup is 15 PSI boost and can be run at 18 PSI boost with the same compressors.

I started the race yesterday. Let me tell you, that was the gnarliest 100 miles in that boat I have driven yet. It was ROUGH!!!! I settled in behind Gary (Red #17 Boat) and let him break up the water so I could get settled down for the first lap. He wasnt quite running the pace I needed to run, so on lap 2 I went for the pass. Deck to deck at 105 MPH down the tulies in front of the crowd at the pits did the trick. I was able to turn a couple of 3:49 laps, so far the confirmed fastest laps of any boat for the day. I was seriously shocked at the times I ran given how horrible the water was in the north half of the track. Seriously I had that boat completely on the side a few times. We had 5 GoPros running. Just wait for RiverDave and I to post the vids. ?

17 laps later my dad got in and laid down some nice laps of his own. Unfortunately, just as he was getting in a groove, the battery let go and the engine started shutting off and misfiring intermittently. Not good at 100 MPH. It died altogether across the river from the pits. We've killed batteries every year we run the boat. Both standard Group 27's and Oddyssey 1700's. Yes the beating things take in the boat is that bad. In years past, the boat will run fine on the alternator and then we change the battery at the scheduled pit. Josh (my future bother in law) and I have some ideas for redundant batteries and ignitions on switches for next year... stay tuned!

So then I got back in the boat after an emergency pit and (just like last year) went on catch up balls out mission. The water was just starting to get readable and nice and I could finally just leg it and haul ass. Then on the second lap in it missed and shut off.... MSD box got killed by the battery short. By the time I was towed in, there was no point in going back out.

So, yet again the enduro has its trials and tribulations. We learned a lot, as usual. The new systems that were installed in the boat and covered by this thread performed flawlessly. The V Drive did not puke one drop. The headers were nice and cool and didn't develop cracks or loosen (and looked bad ass). The new propellers and drive train as a whole were bitchin. Regardless, we are already thinking about how to improve the boat for next year.

Congrats to the War Canoe boys for a nice run. We went deck to deck a few times at 100 MPH for an entire 3 mile straight. The best that boat has ever run ever. Also thanks to Gary, John and the #17 boys for coming out. We love racing you guys and congrats on a good run.

John Teague

Great write up again! Don't wait on me to post the vids.. LOL SpotonDL has all the footage and will be posting it as time allows. :) I will be at Monster Bash this weekend assuming the newborn comes tomorrow or the next day, and everything goes to plan.

THANK YOU for sharing your build up and Enduro experience with RDP. It has been an absolute pleasure not only reading about it, but watching it all culminate into the race itself! It was great watching you guys run, and hopefully you can get the gremlins sorted out for next year. If you need any help with that battery dept. Let me know I have a few ideas from the aerospace world (cushioned mounts etc..) We will see you out at Monster Bash, and congrats on a fast and safe run, as for the rest there's always next year! :)

RD

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

John Teague

Man you guys were moving on Sat, we were think'n you were in for a great finish!! Equipment failures just suck. Look'n forward to watching you again real soon. :thumbsup

Hammer

Reaction score

John Teague

Saw some great video of you and Gary running deck to deck, have fun running Baja ! Be cool to see some pics and hear about your experience Racing the 1000 ...

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
I say more threads like this from Teague:thumbsup:thumbsup

TEAGUE CUSTOM MARINE

Reaction score

First edit form our onboard cameras last weekend!

watch it in HD! LOTS of picture in picture...

enjoy!
JT

Last edited by a moderator:

WTMFA

Kill Em All
Reaction score
I was reading the "Thanks To" on the boat and two names stood out for me.........
I used to go to the "Nordskog Performance Center" in the early to mid 90's for cart parts and I was always in awe of the boats they had there.
I used to use "Washington Metal Polishing" back in the late 80's into the 90's for various things on my street race.....a.....um.....I mean drag car a lot. He was always busy and then I heard some time later he was murdered.

As for the video............the ONLY thing that would make it more bad ass than it already is would be to add RPM & MPH :thumbsup

The few times I was in the shop in the late 90's I remember seeing that boat and wondering the history behind it. Very cool that you can do it as father and son team :thumbsup

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score

First edit form our onboard cameras last weekend!

watch it in HD! LOTS of picture in picture...

enjoy!
JT

Hell fuckin ya!!!!!!!!! Loved it. Great job.

Sent from my iPad using Tap That Ass

Last edited by a moderator: