WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food In Havasu - Dave's opinions

little rowe boat

IAFF local 1067
Reaction score
Without going through every post on this thread. How about Angelina's and College Street Brewery. My family and I look forward to dining at both these places whenever we are in town.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Without going through every post on this thread. How about Angelina's and College Street Brewery. My family and I look forward to dining at both these places whenever we are in town.

Both are awesome.. Personally I like Mario’s over Angelina’s but ask ten People and you are gonna get a split down the middle of 7/10 for Angelina’s.. I’m one of the three that votes Mario’s.

Englewood

Reaction score
I haven’t updated this thread in a few years.. so previous opinions may have changed as some of the restaurants have gone up and down and even sideways.. lol

But today I had something good enough to warrant a post in here.. I’m not much on bbq as a whole but came down to Rebel Bbq because I saw a post on fb about their tri tip dip..

It did not disappoint!! Make sure you ask them for the wicked white sauce for it as well..

My daughter was says by she had the best chicken strips ever and loved the corn bread / mac and cheese etc.. she said “dad you need to post a positive review on this place”. Lol. So I did.

View attachment 1007905 View attachment 1007906

they have a family dinner that serves 10...They give you everything you could want (salad, sides, meat, etc.). We order when taking boat off of the water. Once we get home, its ready.

sintax

Reaction score
T’s eats and treats next to Jersey Mike’s subs in the Safeway shopping center.. AMAZING BURGERS and they have a carne asada burrito to die for.. ask for it the way RiverDave orders it.. otherwise they are gonna fill it up with beans and rice though..

Is that code for light rice and beans? can i ditch the rice and beans and opt for fries? as a socal guy i'm a fan of the California Burritos.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
T ‘s Eats and Treats

So I normally get my carne asada burrito at T’s made the so cal way (not the NorCal way).
Today I grabbed a burger just for this thread..

It’s one of the best burgers your ever gonna have.. Jessie who runs the front is about the friendliest person you will ever talk too. Tino (T’s) is a genius in the kitchen..

That said, I feel strongly with slight changes to the menu, redo their marketing and they’d be opening up franchises in no time.. Lol

I joke with Jessie all the time that they are a Mexican restaurant and she always says “no we aren’t.” That carne asada burrito (which is the best in town) isn’t even on the menu.

Anyhow here’s the burger and it’s amazeballs as well. Huge, juicy, delicious..

5ADD074F-5ADD-47C8-A8DA-B5306FCDC3D1.jpeg

My only complaint about this place is, it’s ungodly expensive for a hole in the wall. Caliber of food is worth it though.

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
So I normally get my carne asada burrito at T’s made the so cal way (not the NorCal way).

It’s one of the best burgers your ever gonna have.. Jessie who runs the front is about the friendliest person you will ever talk too. Tino (T’s) is a genius in the kitchen..

That said, I feel strongly with slight changes to the menu, redo their marketing and they’d be opening up franchises in no time.. Lol

I joke with Jessie all the time that they are a Mexican restaurant and she always says “no we aren’t.” That carne asada burrito (which is the best in town) isn’t even on the menu.

View attachment 1009070

My only complaint about this place is, it’s ungodly expensive for a hole in the wall. Caliber of food is worth it though.
The carne asada burrito is not on the menu as it is only available on certain days and not an every day item.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The carne asada burrito is not on the menu as it is only available on certain days and not an every day item.

The carne burrito they make is called the monster and comes with rice and beans.. They only make the beans on Saturday I believe. When I have them make it it only consist of meat guacamole and pico de gallo.

sintax

Reaction score
The carne burrito they make is called the monster and comes with rice and beans.. They only make the beans on Saturday I believe. When I have them make it it only consist of meat guacamole and pico de gallo.

So I headed down there and had them whip me up a California Burrito for lunch today.

They were out of Pico, but I had them use the red sauce. Was killer for sure. I’m going to grab one of their breakfast burritos next time, or that Asada torta

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
College street Brewery

This place is a favorite amongst locals.. I don’t come here as often as you’d imagine.. dunno why, just don’t? I have never had a bad meal here so I don’t have a good explanation other than maybe I have a hard time driving by Rusty’s and not eating there.. lol.

They said it was a 20 minute wait but it was more like ten.. I wasn’t sweating it, I’m not in a huge hurry and The food is worth it.

4D617847-C1AA-4AA3-8913-65B71D26BF63.jpeg

I posted the menus so you guys can zoom in and see the items.. personally I think they are over complicating some of this stuff or trying to hard.

like the pastrami sandwich.. c’mon man throw that shit in a roll and if ya want to get fancy offer different mustards. Lol the thousand island and coleslaw in the sandwich just kills it for me..

That said though everything I have had here is good but I stick with the all American basics like the club, or the philly which they call the prime rib pepper steak etc.. All of which are gonna be among the best in town!
87EBD15F-60C2-47AA-8CA4-9CC7203C4A1B.jpeg
A6EBF222-4928-496E-9A66-85ECC5A754CE.jpeg

Started off with the bleu cheese salad.. now I’m gonna say If you are a bleu cheese person you are gonna have a hard time finding anything better in this town. Giant chunks in the dressing on top of big chunks on the salad etc.. it isn’t the best salad in town, but it’s certainly in the top 3-4. They bring a breadstick with it that IMO doesn’t flow or fit with the salad.. croutons would be better? Especially some fancy croutons like corn bread ones or something 😍😍
7BFFF866-FEB4-4E4A-8FE6-CD1FD29F3425.jpeg

they have good iced tea here and that’s a “thing” for me.. As well they are smart enough to bring you a carafe with it so you aren’t sitting there with an empty glass all the time.
2DEDEBF5-5973-4C46-A79A-D351B1C1A0DA.jpeg

The grande club is as advertised.. it’s GRANDE! It’s so big your hands have to squeeze the sandwich like a boa constrictor and ironically enough even after that squeeze you will have to unlock your jaw like one to consume your prey.
It is 100% yummy as it comes so no mods necessary!!
345893C0-F5B5-4040-A0BE-6AE1F960F5BE.jpeg

If you have never been here before they have local brews on tap one they throw blue berries in and its awesome. They gave a chili verde everyone seems to love and it offered as a appetizer a soup and you can pretty much have them pour it on anything. Lol. They have beer cheeses they do the same with and are out of this world with the pretzels..

FYI I got through half the sandwich above and am taking half home.

sirbob

Reaction score
College street Brewery

This place is a favorite amongst locals.. I don’t come here as often as you’d imagine.. dunno why, just don’t? I have never had a bad meal here so I don’t have a good explanation other than maybe I have a hard time driving by Rusty’s and not eating there.. lol.

They said it was a 20 minute wait but it was more like ten.. I wasn’t sweating it, I’m not in a huge hurry and The food is worth it.

View attachment 1010040
I posted the menus so you guys can zoom in and see the items.. personally I think they are over complicating some of this stuff or trying to hard.

like the pastrami sandwich.. c’mon man throw that shit in a roll and if ya want to get fancy offer different mustards. Lol the thousand island and coleslaw in the sandwich just kills it for me..

That said though everything I have had here is good but I stick with the all American basics like the club, or the philly which they call the prime rib pepper steak etc.. All of which are gonna be among the best in town! View attachment 1010041 View attachment 1010042

Started off with the bleu cheese salad.. now I’m gonna say If you are a bleu cheese person you are gonna have a hard time finding anything better in this town. Giant chunks in the dressing on top of big chunks on the salad etc.. it isn’t the best salad in town, but it’s certainly in the top 3-4. They bring a breadstick with it that IMO doesn’t flow or fit with the salad.. croutons would be better? Especially some fancy croutons like corn bread ones or something 😍😍 View attachment 1010043

they have good iced tea here and that’s a “thing” for me.. As well they are smart enough to bring you a carafe with it so you aren’t sitting there with an empty glass all the time.
View attachment 1010044

The grande club is as advertised.. it’s GRANDE! It’s so big your hands have to squeeze the sandwich like a boa constrictor and ironically enough even after that squeeze you will have to unlock your jaw like one to consume your prey.
It is 100% yummy as it comes so no mods necessary!! View attachment 1010045
If you have never been here before they have local brews on tap one they throw blue berries in and its awesome. They gave a chili verde everyone seems to love and it offered as a appetizer a soup and you can pretty much have them pour it on anything. Lol. They have beer cheeses they do the same with and are out of this world with the pretzels..

FYI I got through half the sandwich above and am taking half home.

I recall they had a deep fried avacado stuffed with Crabmeat once when I was there - I don't see it on the menu anymore? I liked it!

Last edited:

samsah33

Reaction score
I haven’t updated this thread in a few years.. so previous opinions may have changed as some of the restaurants have gone up and down and even sideways.. lol

But today I had something good enough to warrant a post in here.. I’m not much on bbq as a whole but came down to Rebel Bbq because I saw a post on fb about their tri tip dip..

It did not disappoint!! Make sure you ask them for the wicked white sauce for it as well..

My daughter was says by she had the best chicken strips ever and loved the corn bread / mac and cheese etc.. she said “dad you need to post a positive review on this place”. Lol. So I did.

View attachment 1007905 View attachment 1007906
Rebel's is on my rotation, super awesome brisket and tri-tip, great grilled veggies, only complaint is that the ribs are St Louis style with all that cartilage & shit on the tips that you have to eat around, would prefer baby-backs... If that's the only thing I can find to bitch about, then it's all good...!

azsunfun

Reaction score
glad your doing food thing, always good to support your local food joints, hidden originals are awsome!!

petie6464

Reaction score
T’s eats and treats next to Jersey Mike’s subs in the Safeway shopping center.. AMAZING BURGERS and they have a carne asada burrito to die for.. ask for it the way RiverDave orders it.. otherwise they are gonna fill it up with beans and rice though..

Dang, I tried this joint, $27 for two Carne burritos 🤔 ordered them meat, Pico guacamole, they were not good, dry and the meat was obviously reheated on a flat top= fail.

I think these places must either cater to you or try and poison you?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

The could cut out everything except the Jambalaya and the Bacon Mac...lol

the blueberry beer is Big Blue Van..its their brew.

Good spot but we don't go as often as we should...no real reason...except when we are here I'm lazy as fuck and do not want to drive more than to the ramp and back.

Turnup

Reaction score
...sticky might put too much pressure for updates, sounded like a good idea at the moment 🤷‍♂️

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Juicys started in side the island inn
Actually I think that was Mike’s second location, the original juicy’s was where rebel barbecue is now across from Smith’s gas station. I think the one at the island in was called juicy‘s noodles or something like that.

EarpRider

Reaction score
We went to Sake Sushi last night for the first time, server Lilly was very funny.
Sushi was really good and was served faster then the edamame. But don't order the garlic adamame, it's way too messy.
The biggest problem is that the restaurant was most likely a breakfast diner before a Sushi place. It kinda lacks any atmosphere. According to our server they are getting a full booze license soon and putting in a bar, they are still new and working out the kinks. We will be back for sure.

hallett21

Reaction score
@RiverDave keep this thread alive as you have a pulse on the local businesses. Just did a buddies 30th dinner night and it was a swing and a miss. And I’ve been here since I was 6 months.

Local intel tells all though. Part of the RDP experience. Put it in the laid for section?? Someone needs to keep everyone accountable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
@RiverDave have you actually had the pastrami? Or just a no because of ingredients listed.
To me that is one of the best sandwiches in town. The jalapeños in the chow chow give it just enough kick, thousand island brings it back down.
It’s a party in your mouth.
and their Mac n cheese is also bomb as fuck

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
@RiverDave have you actually had the pastrami? Or just a no because of ingredients listed.
To me that is one of the best sandwiches in town. The jalapeños in the chow chow give it just enough kick, thousand island brings it back down.
The Pastrami is really good. I either do that or the Brewers Pie calzone. Usually enough to take half home for lunch the next day. For the splurge dinners the Rib Eye is pretty good.

FishSniper

Reaction score
I recall they had a deep fried avacado stuffed with Crabmeat once when I was there - I don't see it on the menu anymore? I liked it!
We were there last week and it was on the menu. First time I had noticed it in the menu so not sure if they removed it for awhile and it’s back or what.

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
We went to Sake Sushi last night for the first time, server Lilly was very funny.
Sushi was really good and was served faster then the edamame. But don't order the garlic adamame, it's way too messy.
The biggest problem is that the restaurant was most likely a breakfast diner before a Sushi place. It kinda lacks any atmosphere. According to our server they are getting a full booze license soon and putting in a bar, they are still new and working out the kinks. We will be back for sure.
It was Krystal's for many many years first. Then a place of what ever name for about 3 months. Then the India food place. Now Saki Sushi

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dang, I tried this joint, $27 for two Carne burritos 🤔 ordered them meat, Pico guacamole, they were not good, dry and the meat was obviously reheated on a flat top= fail.

I think these places must either cater to you or try and poison you?

No shit?? I made mention it’s crazy expensive.. but I have never had a bad burrito there.. 😳

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I tried it once years ago.. wasn’t a fan

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

View attachment 1009070

That looks killer , I don’t care how muck food costs as long as it’s great 😎👍

dspracing

Reaction score

college street was packed so I headed down the road. Pulled up this thread and per your red headed to sake Sushi. Pretty damn good, a little on the pricier side but I’ll definitely be back.

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Just had brisket from rebel bbq and it was the worst I’ve ever had. Just thought I’d leave this here as I wasn’t sure where else to post it and I had to.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Just had brisket from rebel bbq and it was the worst I’ve ever had. Just thought I’d leave this here as I wasn’t sure where else to post it and I had to.

Agreed, the brisket sucks but the ribs are pretty decent.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score

I gave rebel 4 try's when I moved here , 3 of the times I threw the food out . It's too bad , because a REAL BBQ place would do killer .

707dog

Reaction score
glad this popped back up will be looking for dinner spots when we are down there. cant do the turtle grille for 5 days.

what's some good breakfast spots? we plan to run down to the springs one morning and possibly up to topock another unless theres better