WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Food Poisoning Last Night

Xring01

Reaction score
But can it compete with RDs China buffet tale?

This came from Los Primos off Cal Oaks in Murrieta CA....
That burrito tasted damn good going down....
About 4 hours later.... ohhhh boy..... I knew,,,, it was going to be a long night.....

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 4 hours later.... ohhhh boy..... I knew,,,, it was going to be a long night.....

Oh crap, I love that place, I live right down the street. Guess I'll stick to Miguel's Jr.

Last edited:

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
My wife got it fri from some Starbucks thing in Mesa. She was supposed to be driving home Monday. She’s still there. Thought she was better and tried to gas the truck last nite. Well you can imagine how that went.

Xring01

Reaction score
My wife got it fri from some Starbucks thing in Mesa. She was supposed to be driving home Monday. She’s still there. Thought she was better and tried to gas the truck last nite. Well you can imagine how that went.

Nice... in the gas station rest room.... thats gotta suck...

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
If you've ever had a "24-hour flu" chances are it was food poisoning. Typical culprits are tomatoes and lettuce (water in them has "impurities")

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
If you've ever had a "24-hour flu" chances are it was food poisoning. Typical culprits are tomatoes and lettuce (water in them has "impurities")
People say they have the stomach flu. No such thing. By definition flu is respiratory.
It’s believed that like 60 percent of people with the “flu” have food poisoning.
I had it so bad once it truthfully thought I was going to die. On the shitter trying to crap my colon while trying to puke my esophagus. Reviewing my financials and alone trying to figure a way to the hospital at 4 am. Off work 2 weeks and lost 17 pounds. Good times.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Actually the fruit and vegetables are not the issue. its the water they are washed in or having their surface contaminated somewhere in the process.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Never been a fan of Los Primos, I its now off my list! Carnitas Express off Madison and Don Panchos off Clinton Keith are our go to places

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid going to a wedding. Came home and me, my mom, and my sister got sick as shit. Found out that everyone that went to the wedding and drank the fruit punch that was inside a real milk jug got sick. So I guess they did not clean the jug good enough before they mixed the punch. 🤢🤢

scottchbrite

Reaction score
I like that place. I lived at the hotel next door for 2 weeks while our house was getting wrapped up and I ate there like 8 times!! I guess I’ll rethink that. The place next to pick up sticks by Lowe’s is pretty good too

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Never been a fan of Los Primos, I its now off my list! Carnitas Express off Madison and Don Panchos off Clinton Keith are our go to places
Funny, I’m not a fan of Don Panchos. Haven’t tried Carnitas Express. Tacos Tiajuana is good. And for gringo tacos, Elsinore tacos off grand and Corydon are good. We’re having them tonight

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I got food poisoning from the Red Robin in Havasu a few years ago. The explosive evacuations lasted a week.

manxman

Reaction score
Several years ago 13 people at a family birthday party got it. We linked it back to Pinwheel sandwiches from costco. Haven't been able to stomach those things since!

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
Food poisoning is the worst. Couple of times I had to wake up my husband cuz I so close to passing out 😣

Carrera205

Reaction score
I got it at a company picnic one time. They provided carnitas tacos. Weren’t kept to the proper temp and I ate a bunch. I’ve never been that sick in my life. Literally pissing acid from the rear and puking for 48 hrs. Just laying on the bathroom floor in agony. Some of the people I worked with that ate the food had to go to the hospital. It was a huge scandal lol. I feel your pain man. I don’t trust fast food joints anymore. Filthy places they are.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have Crohn’s disease so it’s basically how I live my life 😂😬. In all seriousness it sucks. I always need to know where a bathroom is. Theme parks suck. I have good days and bad days.

KevinR

Reaction score
Xring01 I feel for you.

Those who have escaped a good old case of food poisoning are living a charmed life.

Had it once in college. Seems the pest control came into the frat house kitchen and did their scheduled spraying one day. Problem was that night’s dinner was sitting all over the counters ready for prepping.

Guys started getting sick that night and I thought I had avoided it. No chance. Just took awhile longer.

That night my roomie would literally drag me from by bunk bed to the bathroom, wait for me, then drag me back to the room. Probably 12-15 times. As has been stated, the worst thing ever. Hell, even my month long battle with Covid did not compare.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Went to a big international conference in Puerta Vallarta at a big resort. Was super careful the entire time in Mexico. The last night was the big closing dinner. Every single person I knew ( and it was a significant list) got hit the next day. It made flying home that day super exciting.....

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Actually the fruit and vegetables are not the issue. its the water they are washed in or having their surface contaminated somewhere in the process.

Yeah, that's what I said...

The water and/or soil in the fields they're grown in often is contaminated...

Contamination of food can happen at any point of production: growing, harvesting, processing, storing, shipping or preparing. Cross-contamination — the transfer of harmful organisms from one surface to another — is often the cause. This is especially troublesome for raw, ready-to-eat foods, such as salads or other produce. Because these foods aren't cooked, harmful organisms aren't destroyed before eating and can cause food poisoning.