WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

? For Boostpower, Teague or anyone else

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Looking to find a current part number for replacement injectors for a 1999 Merc HP 500.
Merc Part number 8M0070081 is no longer available and it doesn't supercede to anything that I can find available either.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
You might try these folk, I've bought a few oddball injectors there over the years.

Teague_JR

Reaction score
I remember hearing something about TCM finding a suitable replacement.... call BT

bonesfab

Reaction score
Are the old ones bad? I have a ultra sonic cleaner and flow bench for them.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Boat has been sitting for 8 years so I don't want to chance cleaning them rather replace them with new.

sintax

Reaction score
Boat has been sitting for 8 years so I don't want to chance cleaning them rather replace them with new.

i'd try @bonesfab's option first, why throw good money at something that doesnt need to be replaced. If you're that worried, have them flowed.

we're not talking about a $20 part

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
that looks to be a oring kit #

give these guys a call

is this your set up ?

Last edited:

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
that looks to be a oring kit #

give these guys a call

is this your set up ?

Item 25 in your 1st pic is the injector assembly for the 1999 merc racing hp 500 which is what I'm looking for however the part is NLA from merc.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Do you have a flow rate for them? Probably in the 40lbs per hour range

1999 injectors are some old ass tech, more than likely bad spray patterns, drippy, inconsistent flow. DaveH next door has the ASNU machine, those old injectors many times are just worth throwing straight into the trash can when you can buy a brand new OEM injector for an LS for like $40 a piece.... Normal price for a flow and cleaning is $25 per injector, soooo.

Probably worth putting modern injectors on it in the same flow rate arena and possibly a quick reflash, Alexi would know if there is an injector that is close enough in size to not warrant a flash.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Do you have a flow rate for them? Probably in the 40lbs per hour range

1999 injectors are some old ass tech, more than likely bad spray patterns, drippy, inconsistent flow. DaveH next door has the ASNU machine, those old injectors many times are just worth throwing straight into the trash can when you can buy a brand new OEM injector for an LS for like $40 a piece.... Normal price for a flow and cleaning is $25 per injector, soooo.

Probably worth putting modern injectors on it in the same flow rate arena and possibly a quick reflash, Alexi would know if there is an injector that is close enough in size to not warrant a flash.
I agree with you in throwing them away. The risk of one running lean just isnt work the money. Problem I'm having is finding the new ones. Which is the whole point/question of my OP

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I agree with you in throwing them away. The risk of one running lean just isnt work the money. Problem I'm having is finding the new ones. Which is the whole point/question of my OP

Yeah or having one stick open and wash the motor down, almost the more likely scenario.

Call boostpower, he will know exacly what the Lbs per Hour those injectors are and what is the best replacement.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Item 25 in your 1st pic is the injector assembly for the 1999 merc racing hp 500 which is what I'm looking for however the part is NLA from merc.

look at the other links shows they may be replacement for old oe numbers the lucas brand may work
shows the old number in the replacement product 8m0051200

farmo83

Reaction score
If you really want replacements I would call Bob. A while ago I needed a part mercury hadn't made in 15 years I was told. Bob had one on the shelf and got me back on the water.

That having been said I would go modern an call Alexi. He's awesome to deal with and knows more about efi then everyone else has forgotten

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
i'd try @bonesfab's option first, why throw good money at something that doesnt need to be replaced. If you're that worried, have them flowed.

we're not talking about a $20 part
This!! Personally a flowed, equalized injectors are better than a stock one. But I’d remove and see about finding a similar set from an LS then have them flowed and equalized as well.

sintax

Reaction score
This!! Personally a flowed, equalized injectors are better than a stock one. But I’d remove and see about finding a similar set from an LS then have them flowed and equalized as well.

you gotta pull em out anyways to replace them....

Might as well flow the old ones, see how the do. If they are good you just saved yourself $650-$750.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
look at the other links shows they may be replacement for old oe numbers the lucas brand may work
shows the old number in the replacement product 8m0051200

Your link doesn't work. Says system down.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
John @ Boats Unlimited has direct replacements. He is a member on here as well.

817-658-7721.

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
38lbs, Lucas USA, D1163BA, New Parts

try to google this see if it gets you there

or google D1163BA see if that works

Last edited: