WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

? For peeps that beat CV-19

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
What did your Dr say was the best way to get past covid? Seems very different depending who you ask. Good friends in Pennsylvania had it last Christmas. Their Dr said to exercise as vigorously as they could possibly handle. Each 1 of them, in various health conditions & ages 16-79, all 14 of them exercised more than usual & all of them were feeling much better with 3-5 days.
Wife & I haven't had it YET, that we know of. Both of us were very sick January 2020. Neither of us have tested for antibodies.
Please don't turn this into political bs.
What has worked best for you beating this crap?

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I had a slightly stuffy nose for a day. Zero other symptoms. I continued to run every day as normal.
Lucky I guess.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Never went to a doctor. Wife and I had it and as soon as it was confirmed we started taking triple doses of vitamin c and zinc. Lots . Felt like the flu with about 3 days being really bad. Tell you what else helped, good ol fresh air and sunshine. Didn’t seem like we were getting better and told her let’s go sit or lay in the backyard and get some air. That did seem like the turning point for us. We just turned the tv on outside and spent the days in the backyard. Start to finish was about 11 days.

seanroberts

Reaction score
You know the whole family had it in January 2020. DR tested Jen at the time for the flu it was negative. Lots of fluids and keep moving so it doesn’t settle in the lungs so exercising is good. Zinc, vitamin C & D. I was fresh from the brain surgery so I was just more sick. I kept doing my physical therapy. I’ve had the antibodies 4 times but never a positive test. My DR’s say now they would add a Z pack and Hydroxychloroquine. Jen was the worst like a bad flue she missed 2 days of work any was down the whole weekend. This is from my DR’s and worked out for everyone I know who had it.

dspracing

Reaction score
Getting sun helped a ton. I was super drained and struggled breathing. My wife would make me get out of the house and walk as far as I could. Certainly seemed help. I’ve had a few friends who did the same as well with positive results.

welldigger00

Reaction score
We had it bad in January 2020. Had to watch Netflix for a whole week. Crazy how many people had it in January 2020.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

USMC2010

Reaction score
I had what felt like my second or third worst case of pneumonia back in February/March. I never really had a follow up with my primary doctor. I still on occasion find my breathing to become a little labored. One thing for sure, I've lived in many deserts for a long time and this year I can't handle the heat like I could before, it is very frustrating. I am about to restart my cardio and strength training routine. I'll know pretty quickly if I need to have a follow up.

Spectra18

Reaction score
JAN 2020 as well. Typical time frame and symptoms. I called A dr over the phone , due to the round shaped pain in my chest. He said to take day /nyquil which I already had been doing.

DWC

Reaction score
Spent the first few days outside, business as usual because i thought it was. Wife was peddling vitamin C, D, Zinc and a multi every morning. I took mucinex/Sudafed for the first few days to help clear things up.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
We were exposed the Friday before Thanksgiving last year I started having a dry cough the following Tuesday stayed home the next day with exhaustion headaches chills etc... never went to my lungs. Loss of apatite stomach upset, squirts. Wife started feeling sick the following Sunday she tested positive the next day with pretty much the same symptoms. Just took OTC meds no doctor visit ran it's course in about two weeks worked from home/rested. Done.
The one thing that really sucked was that our son/dil and grandbabies were here from WA and we couldn't see them that was horrible.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Last month I felt bad with a headache and cough. Then for 3 days I was too tired to leave the couch at all. Stayed there for 72 hrs. I've been trying to shake the chest congestion for more than 2 weeks but I'm almost there. My wife followed the same pattern but much longer fatigue and worse cough.
She still has no taste or smell.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Last month I felt bad with a headache and cough. Then for 3 days I was too tired to leave the couch at all. Stayed there for 72 hrs. I've been trying to shake the chest congestion for more than 2 weeks but I'm almost there. My wife followed the same pattern but much longer fatigue and worse cough.
She still has no taste or smell.
Thats COVID

Ladsm

Reaction score
I had it in January. Tons of fluids and pedialyte with Zinc, Vitamin C, D and force myself to move as mush as possible. Had zero energy for a few days to leave the lazyboy chair.

Now I carry Covid Home test kits, $23 for 2 kits at Walgreens or CVS. I travel alot for work and around big groups of people. I test after being around known outbreaks just incase so I can limit future travel incase I get a positive. I have the J&J 1-jab vax. I have made it through a couple known super spreader events. (Not Las Vegas Dancer Super Spreaders)

Cdog

Reaction score
Had it in February right after a race so I didn't notice I was drained of energy until the 2nd or 3rd day. I usually crash after a race weekend which is why I think my immune system let it affect me.

Felt like an allergy cold which I get every year. by day 5 I lost 80% of my smell and taste. I noticed it when I got coffee in the morning. 5 more days later I was back to 95% normal and was in a race at Buttonwillow a week later. I generally work out 3-5 days a week anyway.

I was never tested. They don't do anything for you so I figured why bother.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
We took daily walks to make sure we were breathing deep and keeping the juices flowing. All I wanted to do was sleep, felt totally exhausted and the dry cough / massive headache made me just want to lay down.

After 2 weeks, felt a bit better but the dry cough hung in there for like 6 weeks, and I felt exhaustion for a good 6-8 weeks. Honestly, after my bout with Covid I notice that my knees, elbows and wrists ache and the tendons feel sore. I feel like I don't have the energy I used to, on "some days". Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but seems like a weird coincidence......

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wife and I had the flu pretty bad right at the very beginning.
She tested negative for flu, I tested positive.
They weren’t doing covid testing back then.

We both have antibodies.
Either we had covid, or we got it later and were asymptomatic.

I was in a car with my in-laws for 4 hours, they both were on week 2 of covid and showing mild symptoms…I was uneffected.

Been exercising regularly, and taking supplements including 6000 IU of vitamin D daily…I’m deficient so have been taking it regularly for years anyway. But this is just how I live, didn’t really do anything special for covid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarkJuJu

Reaction score
I am 3 weeks in, on oxygen still trying to recover from the damage to my lungs. 1st week no symptoms other than the entire body in pain (if you ever have done LSD you know that strychnine feeling the next day) migraine, and didn't get more than 15-20 minutes of sleep at a time over the first 7 days, it almost made me go mad. Day 4 I went to the ER due to the pain I was in, I thought I had a kidney or liver issue and tested positive for C19. 3 days later I was back in the ER because I couldn't keep anything down dehydrated and in bad shape. Asked for C19 treatment and they just said I wasn't sick enough. 3 days after that my wife started monitoring my blood oxygen level and it was under 78, she scheduled a tele-visit with a doctor and they told my wife if she didn't take me to the hospital they were going to call an ambulance. I had her take me to Arrowhead Hospital in Glendale and I spend 6 days getting a mix of the remdesivir treatment, zpack antibiotics, and steroids shot directly into my stomach 3 times a day. The scariest moment was after first getting admitted they asked if I wanted to be tubed or not if I got to that point, luckily I avoided it. now 9 days after leaving the hospital my oxygen level is still low, under 92 most of the time on oxygen, I hope to be off this in the next 7 days but my lungs feel like I have someone sitting on my chest.

I was not vaccinated, I will say I wish I would have been if it would have made this ordeal even slightly less than the agony I went through that first 10 days or so before getting admitted to the hospital

DWC

Reaction score
I had it in January. Tons of fluids and pedialyte with Zinc, Vitamin C, D and force myself to move as mush as possible. Had zero energy for a few days to leave the lazyboy chair.

Now I carry Covid Home test kits, $23 for 2 kits at Walgreens or CVS. I travel alot for work and around big groups of people. I test after being around known outbreaks just incase so I can limit future travel incase I get a positive. I have the J&J 1-jab vax. I have made it through a couple known super spreader events. (Not Las Vegas Dancer Super Spreaders)
Picked up a few of these at Walgreens. Says they’re 90% ish accurate. Good for early detection and to know whether you should get tested.
C867DC4C-B132-4099-9374-B30CBA2394EB.jpeg

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
Two days of feeling run down, took naps in the afternoon. Then got a 102.7 fever and the chills that lasted til the next morning. Two and a half days and it was gone. First time in my 66 years that I've ever had the chills. No residual effects that I'm aware of.

gqchris

Reaction score
I would like to know for the guys that did HCQ early, how did you obtain it? PM If necessary. I want to have a battle kit ready for if and when it happens. Also chime in with other drug protocols you recommend.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had it along with all of our neighbors right after Christmas. I didn't realize I had it until we compared notes with our neighbors and we all had the same symptoms. Several of them had to get tested for work which is how we knew. None of us lost taste, no fevers, some sinus pressure and post nasal drip but the big thing was the fatigue. For 2 days I couldn't even look at a computer screen. My wife had 4 days feeling that way and the less fit neighbors had it for up to a week. My doc credits my mild symptoms from the 10,000mg vitamin D I take plus 20 minutes in the sun per day. Also, I have a pretty good diet and exercise all the time. At my annual physical my blood work confirmed I had the IGG antibodies. One neighbor who was older and very obese died of a heart attack one month later. She never really got over the fatigue and would not get off the couch. Eventually she stopped drinking water or even eating and became acidic. On the day I called 911 on her she could not remember the last time she had been to the bathroom and was very disoriented from he kidneys not functioning. Within 15 minutes in the ER she coded 4 times and then did not make it. Very sad deal.

Good diet, plenty of vitamin D and get sun & exercise. Then force yourself to "live."

traquer

Reaction score
We had it along with all of our neighbors right after Christmas. I didn't realize I had it until we compared notes with our neighbors and we all had the same symptoms. Several of them had to get tested for work which is how we knew. None of us lost taste, no fevers, some sinus pressure and post nasal drip but the big thing was the fatigue. For 2 days I couldn't even look at a computer screen. My wife had 4 days feeling that way and the less fit neighbors had it for up to a week. My doc credits my mild symptoms from the 10,000mg vitamin D I take plus 20 minutes in the sun per day. Also, I have a pretty good diet and exercise all the time. At my annual physical my blood work confirmed I had the IGG antibodies. One neighbor who was older and very obese died of a heart attack one month later. She never really got over the fatigue and would not get off the couch. Eventually she stopped drinking water or even eating and became acidic. On the day I called 911 on her she could not remember the last time she had been to the bathroom and was very disoriented from he kidneys not functioning. Within 15 minutes in the ER she coded 4 times and then did not make it. Very sad deal.

Good diet, plenty of vitamin D and get sun & exercise. Then force yourself to "live."
This is the key right here. And force yourself to "live"I love it will steal that saying.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Felt like I had a softball in my chest...weird tingling/numbness in arms and legs. Tested negative twice in the beginning but never went back once work wanted me to quarantine at home regardless. One day I felt great, so I went for a short run, the next day I couldn’t get out of bed. Total roller coaster.

Walked every day at least around the block, even if I felt like total shit.
Sat in the backyard and got sun daily.
Zinc
Vitamin C
Quercetin

Wouldn’t want it again but after my experience, I am not afraid of it.

Edit. Forgot to add 3 fingers of bourbon before bed. 😀

Last edited:

USMC2010

Reaction score
Picked up a few of these at Walgreens. Says they’re 90% ish accurate. Good for early detection and to know whether you should get tested.
View attachment 1034478
I have a $30 copay for any urgent care visits after 3 a year. I've had my finger poked 2x so far. I predict as businesses continue down the stupid path, I'll just keep doing that as needed. I don't see a home test being accepted but it's cool to be able to self check.

Reactions: DWC

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
What did your Dr say was the best way to get past covid? Seems very different depending who you ask. Good friends in Pennsylvania had it last Christmas. Their Dr said to exercise as vigorously as they could possibly handle. Each 1 of them, in various health conditions & ages 16-79, all 14 of them exercised more than usual & all of them were feeling much better with 3-5 days.
Wife & I haven't had it YET, that we know of. Both of us were very sick January 2020. Neither of us have tested for antibodies.
Thanks for starting this thread.... good info here so far. And zero politics.... we've come a long way it appears.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
I am 3 weeks in, on oxygen still trying to recover from the damage to my lungs. 1st week no symptoms other than the entire body in pain (if you ever have done LSD you know that strychnine feeling the next day) migraine, and didn't get more than 15-20 minutes of sleep at a time over the first 7 days, it almost made me go mad. Day 4 I went to the ER due to the pain I was in, I thought I had a kidney or liver issue and tested positive for C19. 3 days later I was back in the ER because I couldn't keep anything down dehydrated and in bad shape. Asked for C19 treatment and they just said I wasn't sick enough. 3 days after that my wife started monitoring my blood oxygen level and it was under 78, she scheduled a tele-visit with a doctor and they told my wife if she didn't take me to the hospital they were going to call an ambulance. I had her take me to Arrowhead Hospital in Glendale and I spend 6 days getting a mix of the remdesivir treatment, zpack antibiotics, and steroids shot directly into my stomach 3 times a day. The scariest moment was after first getting admitted they asked if I wanted to be tubed or not if I got to that point, luckily I avoided it. now 9 days after leaving the hospital my oxygen level is still low, under 92 most of the time on oxygen, I hope to be off this in the next 7 days but my lungs feel like I have someone sitting on my chest.

I was not vaccinated, I will say I wish I would have been if it would have made this ordeal even slightly less than the agony I went through that first 10 days or so before getting admitted to the hospital

This is a tough read. Good luck to you. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

I got Covid on July 4th some 35 days ago. I could write a novel but will keep it short. For two weeks i was in hell with fever, very weak, cough and my breathing deteriorated at day 8 which I was afraid of since first symptoms and testing positive. People told me the breathing issues could come days later so even though I felt miserable and was in it already a full week without breathing issues didn't mean I wouldn’t develop them. Sure enough they came. I turned the corner to feeling better at day 12ish. My fever was gone and my strength was starting to come back. I was still taking it very easy and my breathing was still impacted. By day 21 from first symptoms I was feeling pretty good but still being cautious and not over doing it. I could go get food at the grociery store or pickup fast food but I wasn't walking around shopping malls by any means. By day 30 i'm feeling stronger, i'm probably about 95% my normal self but still don't have full strength yet.

In regards to the original question about exercise, I think this thread shows the different degree of symptoms people had. I can tell you there was no exercise going on for me at day 1 thru 21. I was hoping to make it from the couch to the kitchen and back to the couch without a problem.

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I have a $30 copay for any urgent care visits after 3 a year. I've had my finger poked 2x so far. I predict as businesses continue down the stupid path, I'll just keep doing that as needed. I don't see a home test being accepted but it's cool to be able to self check.
Yeah, it’s definitely not accepted anywhere. I bought them to verify whether it was a head cold or something else. Looks like they’re fairly accurate with negative results. Called work and said i wouldn’t be there in the am. Called friends we were with to give a heads up a day early.

C83E1006-8B05-463C-AB2B-483B7C376014.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s definitely not accepted anywhere. I bought them to verify whether it was a head cold or something else. Looks like they’re fairly accurate with negative results. Called work and said i wouldn’t be there in the am. Called friends we were with to give a heads up a day early.

View attachment 1034491
Thanks Don, picking up a few just to have on hand. Great Idea.

LBLL

Low Budget Livin' Large
Reaction score
Lots of rest, vitamin d, zinc, and sunlight. Also, spent a few hours a day sunbathing. I only had loss of smell / taste and runny nose. After the 8th day, i had a pain in my lungs like i would get as kid after a day swimming on a bad smog day. I just did constant deep breathing exercises for the day and it went away the next. Taste & smell didn't come back for a month or so. My wife felt bad at first and thought she had a sinus infections so she was given a z-pac. We both tested about four days after she started the z-pac and she tested negative, but we know she for sure had it. In fact, she had some long lasting side effects like pain in her shoulder and neck / migraines. Acupuncture helped get rid of it for her.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Doc said “ Don’t watch TV “ 👍😉😎

hawgty55

Reaction score
Well i could do the sun vitamin D and the drinking! But the exercise and diet! Ill take my chances! Hahah

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I had a cold for 3 days. Never called the doc. But he did tell me...

As long as your breathing is fine, just deal with it. But, if start have Any trouble breathing, get to the hospital Immediately!

Riley1

Reaction score
Got it in January.
Was really tired when working overtime in Laughlin. Decided I needed to stay in my room for a day because I wouldn’t be worth anything working. Went home the next day and spent 6 days doing nothing but sleeping and hanging out in the spa. Spent maybe 4-6 hrs a day in the spa, in the sunlight. Then went back to work.
Never got tested though. They’re not going to use my number to try and mask my kid.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Exercise, stay off your back, that’s how the pneumonia sets in, and stay on a daily routine of Zinc, Echinacea, & Vitamin C

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Urgent Care confirmed we had it. Low grade fever for me for a couple days. Wife said she had wose hangovers. No doctor involved.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
There’s this thing called a vaccine that works well.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
I have a close industry associate and friend that didn’t get the vaccine. He is currently on day 13 of a induced coma with COVID-19 delta variant. I have known him for almost 30 years. He was my apprentice 25 years ago. He has spent the last 18 months setting up COVID rooms in some of the largest hospitals in Southern California. Why he didn’t get the vaccine when it was offered to us front line construction people is beyond me. He could have gone to the front of the line. I only hope he pulls through for his wife and grand daughter. With all the vaccines he received while in the Navy, why refuse this one Is beyond me. Please pray for friend Chris Wilson.

gqchris

Reaction score
Haven’t had it yet but this is the protocol I will be following.

scroll down

This is an awesome list. I am doing all the above for prevention protocol. Question, where can we get the Ivermectin?

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
There’s this thing called a vaccine that works well.
Dude. If you are seriously compromised then get it. This is not a vax like any other. You can blame trump...he fucked up. Mass vax in a pandemic is a fucking disaster. The jab has the worst side effects ever. But it’s better than covid...fine. The long term looks bad. Search ADE and vaccine escape. Slow down. Pharma has their foot on the gas. Be a liberal again...you sound like Hitler youth

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
This is an awesome list. I am doing all the above for prevention protocol. Question, where can we get the Ivermectin?
Hopefully your local dr. If not flccc.net video consult. If not the other site called American front line docs...they are an odd bunch but will prescribe. Some people say tractor supply...lol. But I haven’t found tabs. This sounds nuts...but as you can see from responses... the corpo docs have their hands tied...they say when you get really sick...got to the hospital...too late. Broken federal and state gov. Broken politics. Better off in mexico with johnson

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Dude. If you are seriously compromised then get it. This is not a vax like any other. You can blame trump...he fucked up. Mass vax in a pandemic is a fucking disaster. The jab has the worst side effects ever. But it’s better than covid...fine. The long term looks bad. Search ADE and vaccine escape. Slow down. Pharma has their foot on the gas. Be a liberal again...you sound like Hitler youth
Only side effect I’ve noticed after 4 months is my dick went from 10 to 12 inches.