WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the K5 Blazer fans.

Taboma

Reaction score
Check this out. should be interesting where it ends up. 57 original miles. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-chevrolet-blazer-8/

Since you've had hands on experience with these Not a Barn Find, Barn Find --- it might have 57 miles, but it's still 45 years old and even if it was in a hermetically sealed environment, which I'm pretty sure it wasn't, rubber and plastic get brittle and deteriorate. So how much more would you guesstimate to make it as sound as it is pretty ?

bonesfab

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. It all looks in real good shape even the dash. the story says it was in a sealed garage and the guy slept in the garage with it. I honestly wouldn't want to touch it except for tires. I was thinking how bitchin it would be as a launch vehicle to drag my orange Schiada to the ramp.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Years ago I was talking to a gentleman who restores classic Ferraris. I’ll never forget what he said....... the worst thing you can do to a car is let it sit. everything corrodes and deteriorates from the inside. I’m sure the K5 will need all new rubber, seals and systems gone thru. But damn she’s cool. Will make a super cool rig, just needs love if some really wants to drive it.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I had that same exact truck for several years. I towed my first jet note to the lake with it.

4 inch lift with 35’s.

It really could have used a 700R4 though

Great truck

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Hmm. Delivered to NY, ends up in OR on consignment. I swear I see some rot on the A pillar in one of the photos on the ad. Never seen a factory air cleaner where the sticker was crooked....

So someone bought it, shipped it to OR from NY and never drove it?

Hard to believe.

rrrr

Reaction score
The sticker price was $6,350.00. For reference, I bought a new 1975 K20 Suburban Silverado (it was the highest trim level) and it cost $7,700.00.

Cdog

Reaction score
That fuckin site has replaced Barrett Jackson with high AF price expectations. I was looking at 69-70 k5 and every D bag thinks he has a 40k k5 now because some guy sold a LS powered bad ass 100% rebuilt retro rod version of a 70 k5. The FB groups are laughable. Dudes asking 20k + for Swiss cheese rockers, "Custom" garbage and shit heaps. I'll just wait till pedo Joe tanks the economy and pick a decent builder for under 10k.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
That fuckin site has replaced Barrett Jackson with high AF price expectations. I was looking at 69-70 k5 and every D bag thinks he has a 40k k5 now because some guy sold a LS powered bad ass 100% rebuilt retro rod version of a 70 k5. The FB groups are laughable. Dudes asking 20k + for Swiss cheese rockers, "Custom" garbage and shit heaps. I'll just wait till pedo Joe tanks the economy and pick a decent builder for under 10k.

True, everyone’s shit is made of gold on those sites😬

spectras only

Reaction score
My buddy has this one. I think it's a 1973

Attachments

• K5Blazer2.jpg
    K5Blazer2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 160
  • K5Blazer.jpg
    K5Blazer.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 161

RichL

Reaction score
My first one was a 78. 305 with the 4 speed. Bought it in 80.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Check this out. should be interesting where it ends up. 57 original miles. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1975-chevrolet-blazer-8/
Crazy huh.... and what did that recent K5 go for? $130K! I'm happily boatless in 2021 giving my spine a break.... so was thinking a 72ish K5 PCH coastal runabout for beer runs, etc... but gotta sit these out I'm afraid. I'd love another one but not at these prices. Did you get your last one finished? Black on big assed tires as I recall....

bonesfab

Reaction score
Crazy huh.... and what did that recent K5 go for? $130K! I'm happily boatless in 2021 giving my spine a break.... so was thinking a 72ish K5 PCH coastal runabout for beer runs, etc... but gotta sit these out I'm afraid. I'd love another one but not at these prices. Did you get your last one finished? Black on big assed tires as I recall....

the other one went for 160ish. Still waiting on interior. I talked with my interior guy and I am probably send it to him and let him just do it. I have been driving it though.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Years ago I was talking to a gentleman who restores classic Ferraris. I’ll never forget what he said....... the worst thing you can do to a car is let it sit. everything corrodes and deteriorates from the inside. I’m sure the K5 will need all new rubber, seals and systems gone thru. But damn she’s cool. Will make a super cool rig, just needs love if some really wants to drive it.

This is 100% correct. I let a VW bug sit for about 12 years. Rebuilt the carb, replaced the gas tank and fuel line and got it running. Then one by one things started to fail. Wheel cylinders, then master cylinder, then brake lines started to pop. It goes on and on. Cost me a fortune.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm curious though...vehicle "is showing 57 miles", dealer added one for verification. So, if the car was bought as a winter car for an upstate cabin, parked on blocks, etc, all the fluids would probably have gone to hell. Maybe not, but that has been my experience with stuff that has sat for decades. Ambient moisture still builds condensation in the axles and oil pan, as well as the gas tank. All that stuff could get ugly. Even front diffs not used for a couple years start showing signs of pitting. Every little thing lubed with white lith from the factory would be almost glued I would think.

I still like it, it probably has that old car smell, something between gas and asbestos. Regardless of if the story is 100% truthful, that looks like the "one to have". At least you're starting one with little fuckery.

Taboma

Reaction score

Wonder if the Italian rubber on the older Ferraris was similar to the Fiat 131 I owned in the later 70's ? Damn thing was only a couple of years old, I'd bought it off a buddy and being a stick, it was fun to drive, could really toss it around with the front wheel drive. But my God, the rubber parts on that car were rotting off it in 4 years.

poncho

Reaction score
I had a couple of those, cool rigs.....If i ever own another one it will be in a warm climate, dang things take 50 miles to heat up that huge interior space.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Nice!

This past Friday, I just put a deposit down on new Offroad Design Suspension and LS motor mount brackets for my 1990 K5.

I'm going to do suspension first, then drop in a LS!

You will love it.

Travmon

Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there , If this rig is in portland and at a chevy musclecar car type dealership owned by a guy named Mark and headed to auction , I would believe very little to be true..If not at that dealership then no comment..Said portland dealerhip has been known to " How you say ,Stamp a number here or there ?" to make a matching car MATCH !

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
Nice!

This past Friday, I just put a deposit down on new Offroad Design Suspension and LS motor mount brackets for my 1990 K5.

I hope you do a build thread on this project! I've got my '75 rust bucket parked in the rear of the house going through value engineering to see what is realistic.

Backlash

Reaction score
Same situation as you Smith. Dropped the busted 10 bolt axles, stripped the frame, pulled the body off and am waiting to see what I want to do with it. ;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do they have a giant photo studio where they are taking those pics or something?

WildWilly

Reaction score
Nice!

if you bought their 4 link kit, be sure of what you want and expect out of it and if you aren't doing the install make sure that shop knows exactly the same and have a conversation with ORD before installing. Ask me how I know

bonesfab

Reaction score
if you bought their 4 link kit, be sure of what you want and expect out of it and if you aren't doing the install make sure that shop knows exactly the same and have a conversation with ORD before installing. Ask me how I know

Do tell. I have my buddies early k5 in the shop now with the ord coil over set up. that thing drives great.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Do tell. I have my buddies early k5 in the shop now with the ord coil over set up. that thing drives great.

probably because you knew what you were doing. long story short, the shop mostly f'd up in how they set it up. Part of it was the link brackets ORD sent were wrong and instead of questioning it the shop adjusted for it. Its now set up more rock crawler, with more lift than I wanted and only 5" of up travel and 11/13" of down. I took it to another shop to see what it would take to correct it and after weeks of playing with it, the only real way to change the front is cut it all off and start over. The rear was easier. I just got it back yesterday so I'll put some of it back together and get out to do some driving and testing...but after spending this much money I'm not thrilled. I'd love to see what the setup looks like on your buddies.

So back to the original comment, make sure everyone is very clear what your expectation and intentions are for the truck. Rock crawler, utility trail rider, or fast desert truck.....changes things with that 4 link kit and how its installed/setup

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I have a squarbody suburban, that I call my K-8, that could benefit from a new front end. Whatever lift is on it made is super stiff. Not that I was surprised. Old wore out trucks are still fun!

Cdog

Reaction score

Looks like a real cool set up. The fab work is definitely something I can handle.

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Just going to throw this out there , If this rig is in portland and at a chevy musclecar car type dealership owned by a guy named Mark and headed to auction , I would believe very little to be true..If not at that dealership then no comment..Said portland dealerhip has been known to " How you say ,Stamp a number here or there ?" to make a matching car MATCH !

The dealership you are referring to is Chev Connection/House of Hardtops owned by Mark Young. That is not who has the Blazer listed.....

Avant-Garde which is owned by Matt Crandle is who has this listed. https://www.a-gc.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Devious_Chris

I wear sunglasses, lake Havasu city az.
Reaction score
Do they have a giant photo studio where they are taking those pics or something?

Yes the have a studio for photo’s. They also do a lot of great outdoor photo and video work. Josh Bryan is the photographer and he dies incredible work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cdog

Reaction score

hallett3

Reaction score
Wish I never sold my square body. Never ever left me stranded. My 2015 is a piece of shit. Always having issues and stranded twice on the way to havasu. New trucks suck.

rivergames

Reaction score
I didn't go 4 link. I went with new springs, swaybar, shackles, and bilstein 5125 schocks.

The stock suspension is a pile of shit. I want to make her an all around daily driver with the LS and still mob her offroading when I go riding.

I already have the bimini for the back. When I start working on the truck in a few months, I'll take the shell off the back so I can drop top.