WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the Real Estate Drop in sales and price Naysayers HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS

hallett21

Reaction score
As soon as rates start dropping prices will creep up..

I’m interested to see what the smart money will do then.
At a minimum it’ll pump current prices because buyers will all of the sudden “have more money to burn”.

I think we’ll get another round of fomo. From there it’ll be a real gamble whether prices continue to rise or correct.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
If rates begin a downward trend inflation will roar and home prices will soar.

I can't imagine common sense making that move, but common sense is not something this administration seems to have a hold of.

Liberal think tanks are likely searching for a way to prevent capitalists from taking advantage of a return to growth and fix the game so that the underdogs, dregs, freaks, and underprivileged will gain a fighting chance they can squander. Eat the Rich. :)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I can't imagine common sense making that move, but common sense is not something this administration seems to have a hold of.

Liberal think tanks are likely searching for a way to prevent capitalists from taking advantage of a return to growth and fix the game so that the underdogs, dregs, freaks, and underprivileged will gain a fighting chance they can squander. Eat the Rich. :)

The longer this standoff is, the more pent up demand there will be for residential RE when rates drop.

attitude

Reaction score
So let’s say next year the Biden administration starts to lower rates and lets home prices and inflation run wild. However, Trump still wins the election. What will Trumps move be?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So let’s say next year the Biden administration starts to lower rates and lets home prices and inflation run wild. However, Trump still wins the election. What will Trumps move be?

The administration does not really control the fed or rates.

Trump will spend as much money as he can. That is what he does.

Money is going to be printed either way.

Vib

Reaction score
A little outside thinking here; since regulation is the biggest issue with affordable housing. What would happen if the federal govt just mandated that anyone could build an SFR or MF anywhere and no local zoning restrictions or court challenges could be applied?

Think how many scrapes and small developers would contruct duplex, four plex, etc

In other words let the free market work how it is supposed to. If it makes economic sense, then take the risk and build it. Wouldn't that quickly solve the entry level housing issue?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
A little outside thinking here; since regulation is the biggest issue with affordable housing. What would happen if the federal govt just mandated that anyone could build an SFR or MF anywhere and no local zoning restrictions or court challenges could be applied?

Think how many scrapes and small developers would contruct duplex, four plex, etc

In other words let the free market work how it is supposed to. If it makes economic sense, then take the risk and build it. Wouldn't that quickly solve the entry level housing issue?

I would argue there is no real entry level housing issue. The solution is condos and townhouses, but that is not the solution every entry level buyer likes.

This is happening now in CA. Anyone can build an ADU on their property regardless of city regulations. But In CA the regulations on construction drives the costs way up.

Another solution is mobile/manufactured home parks, which as you say could be put anywhere.

Last edited:

530RL

Reaction score

Everyone wants affordable housing, just not where their house is……..

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
I think at this point everyone should preemptively pave their entire front yard to a parking lot for all the ADU's that are going to get built. Saves water by removing grass and keeps the streets clear. I'd go so far as to have the city offer a $5 a foot rebate to partially offset the cost.

hallett21

Reaction score

For our age group (28-35) the last 5 years of real estate has been interesting. Those of us who bought in 2018-2019 were having weekly phone calls with each other to confirm we didn’t just make the worst decision of our lives lol.

Meanwhile the rest of our friends today are asking if now is the time to buy. Like @LargeOrangeFont @OldSchoolBoats have said the best time to buy was yesterday.

But there is a huge difference between first time buyers and retirement buyers. I guess my point was that if prices soar again those in our age group will have missed big.

Meanwhile my wife and I will have built our 35th ADU and completely ruined the neighborhood 🤣😁😉

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
If it is your primary home interest rates should not matter second home just don’t over pay for the property and location

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
That would quickly turn into the favela style housing.
I was gonna say look how well it works in TJ. Can you see families pooling resources and buying any property they could get their hands on with a little buildable space on it and just going nuts adding on unrestricted. Some time ago the asians in fountain valley were buying little 3/2 houses and doing this and what the city did was they required a 3 car garage if you wanted more than 4 bedrooms so most houses adding on to the garage was not cost effective so this killed these mansions. I ran squarely into this rule back in 2010 when I bought a 3500sq ft house that wasn't fully built out on the inside. Under the new ADU rules I might be able to permit 6 bedrooms now.

hallett21

Reaction score
That would quickly turn into the favela style housing.
Would? 🤣

Our friends looked at an investment property a few hundred yards from our house. They said it had an entire Ukrainian family living in it. 3/2 with 12-14 people living there and paying cash. They walked because they didn’t want to be the people who kick someone to the curb.

Tenants were all paying cash and had no docs.

Cdog

Reaction score
Exactly what I’ve been saying too. We’ll be climbing again once Joe and the Hoe start campaigning.
People try to make the argument that the FED is this stoic beacon of hawkish leadership when really it's a political appointee position. Most of that fell out the window under Greenspan and after during barry's reign. Money printer goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

200w.gif

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Texas by and large does not have zoning based on land use, so you don’t have to look far to compare the results. I find the Texas approach to be less desirable… Money in Texas leverages a complex system of regulations to separate the haves from the have nots with gated properties etc etc.. lots of sprawling land in Texas helps but the density seems to be coming to Texas rapidly.

My only point is that you don’t have to guess what the out come is just look south east a few states over.

Cdog

Reaction score
The administration does not really control the fed or rates.

Trump will spend as much money as he can. That is what he does.

Money is going to be printed either way.
Sure in principle but we all know this is nothing more than a political head figure. There is no hawk. Just a pigeon shitting on freshly detailed cars.

hallett21

Reaction score
Texas by and large does not have zoning based on land use, so you don’t have to look far to compare the results. I find the Texas approach to be less desirable… Money in Texas leverages a complex system of regulations to separate the haves from the have nots with gated properties etc etc.. lots of sprawling land in Texas helps but the density seems to be coming to Texas rapidly.

My only point is that you don’t have to guess what the out come is just look south east a few states over.
It’s already here unfortunately.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sure in principle but we all know this is nothing more than a political head figure. There is no hawk. Just a pigeon shitting on freshly detailed cars.

Agreed. They let things do pretty well under Trump’s first term though.

But it’s easy to do a victory lap when things are in an upswing.

Cdog

Reaction score

They're giving better rates with less down and lesser of a credit score. They're hiring people based on their race while calling you a racist for pointing out their candidates are unqualified. They hired a mentally ill tranny as the health secretary. They're making people who couldn't afford college pay for those who did go to buy votes.

Where is there principal in any of this?

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
Agreed. They let things do pretty well under Trump’s first term though.

But it’s easy to do a victory lap when things are in an upswing.
The release of all the stored capital after barry's bathhouse reign. Timing was everything. Power corrupts. Powell will bend a knee to keep his job and profit.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I just started this one in a buddy’s back yard right by my house / 690 sq.ft. + loft that actually will be pretty nice with roll in shower, line drain, a little folding la cantina door, dormers , part vaulted etc. It doesn’t show from the crappy pics but it’s only about 500’ to a nice beach access. The day we broke ground people started hitting me up about if they could be candidates to rent it lol. What a joke it is just throwing away all the zoning rules imo
View attachment 1236860 View attachment 1236861
How much were all the fees for permits, schools etc before any dirt was moved??

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
People try to make the argument that the FED is this stoic beacon of hawkish leadership when really it's a political appointee position. Most of that fell out the window under Greenspan and after during barry's reign. Money printer goes BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

200w.gif

The global financial system is literally the definition of a con…which is short for confidence.

I’ve come to realize that they have no choice but to keep the con going.
The alternative is a lot worse.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
They're giving better rates with less down and lesser of a credit score. They're hiring people based on their race while calling you a racist for pointing out their candidates are unqualified. They hired a mentally ill tranny as the health secretary. They're making people who couldn't afford college pay for those who did go to buy votes.

Where is there principal in any of this?
It’s a crazy world every tv station has a Hispanic and a african American on it

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
It’s a crazy world every tv station has a Hispanic and a african American on it
Every new streaming show has a checklist. Gotta have a black and/or female lead character and also gay/trans subplot thrown in for good measure. I swear it’s every show now.

c_land

Reaction score
Looking for either dog to have it's day. Are we going to see a huge economic collapse and the housing market is going to fall out?

My guess: Havasu area continues increasing by at least 5% YOY for the next 5 years.
That’s a hot take, it’s been pretty much the exact opposite since this thread started at the recent peak.

Would that be +5% YOY starting today?

1685640900669.png

Englewood

Reaction score
Bookmark this for later reference...Trump will not win. No Chance. The Republican nominee has my support, however there are too many Soyboys and mind f*cked young people to give him a shot.

pronstar

Reaction score
Bookmark this for later reference...Trump will not win. No Chance. The Republican nominee has my support, however there are too many Soyboys and mind f*cked young people to give him a shot.
I agree.

He’s too polarizing to get the needed swing voters.

We tried the “pissed-off patriots” angle and not only did Biden win, but it also fell far short of winning the midterms.

attitude

Reaction score
Fair enough, so what is the Biden Administration play. Lower rates until they win then push them back up? Or keep raising them until inflation is in check no matter the election year?

hallett21

Reaction score
I don’t agree 😁. I think that the “average” American would prefer a Trump presidency vs what we have today.

There’s no way the American people want Biden back. Even liberals lol.

No one wants Kamala, and re electing Biden makes that a very real scenario.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I agree.

He’s too polarizing to get the needed swing voters.

We tried the “pissed-off patriots” angle and not only did Biden win, but it also fell far short of winning the midterms.

We won both they just cheated, you know that. Let em cheat again, the alternative in the R primary is them also.

In other news................

Planned Layoffs Are Up Fourfold So Far This Year

teaser image
This is a massive acceleration.

THU JUN 1, AT 11:50 AM

pronstar

Reaction score
We won both they just cheated, you know that. Let em cheat again, the alternative in the R primary is them also.

In other news................

Planned Layoffs Are Up Fourfold So Far This Year

teaser image
This is a massive acceleration.

THU JUN 1, AT 11:50 AM
I should have qualified the statement with “if we assume that swing voters supposedly decide elections…”

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I should have qualified the statement with “if we assume that swing voters supposedly decide elections…”

They have those corrupt counties in those critical states. i.e. Maricopa, Kolb etc.

Back to the hold yore hat thread, sorry boys!!!! 😝

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t agree 😁. I think that the “average” American would prefer a Trump presidency vs what we have today.

There’s no way the American people want Biden back. Even liberals lol.

No one wants Kamala, and re electing Biden makes that a very real scenario.

We already did that in 2020.

If you believe the polls this does not seem to be the case. Trump loses to Biden. DeSantis is a toss up or wins.

Points on the board are needed. We’ve been losing since 2018.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Spot on as usual.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The drought would be over with all the melted snowflakes. But I back this 100% Two business men that know their shit, we would be back on top at the end of the first term.

Trump and Musk have diabolically different leadership and management strategies. Musk knows his shit better than Trump. He’d never be a VP