WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the Real Estate Drop in sales and price Naysayers HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We’re talking bunk beds with 1 family per room ( mom, dad 2-4 kids). Wild to me

That’s what was across the street from me in OC. Like 17 people in a 2000 sq foot house. House sold in 2021 to a family of 3

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Bookmark this for later reference...Trump will not win. No Chance. The Republican nominee has my support, however there are too many Soyboys and mind f*cked young people to give him a shot.
As long as the cheese is free I can't see Trump getting elected although stranger things have happened

hallett21

Reaction score
We already did that in 2020.

If you believe the polls this does not seem to be the case. Trump loses to Biden. DeSantis is a toss up or wins.

Points on the board are needed. We’ve been losing since 2018.
Had to go look at the polls lol.

I’m honestly shocked that Biden has the percentages that he has.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Had to go look at the polls lol.

I’m honestly shocked that Biden has the percentages that he has.

That’s what I’m saying. It is horrifying. We are in an echo chamber here.

They know how to beat Trump. If you believe they cheated, they know how to cheat against Trump.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Does anyone actually believe "polls" ? Have you every contributed to a "poll"

anyone actually believe future elections would be legitimate?? we are a "first world" country that somehow takes weeks to get official poll results / missing ballots / dead voters etc etc. It is all theatre

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
That’s what I’m saying. It is horrifying. We are in an echo chamber here.

They know how to beat Trump. If you believe they cheated, they know how to cheat against Trump.

They will ONLY cheat against Trump because he's the ONLY one that is different than the swamp known as D.C.

Who gives a flying fuck if "we" win if he's just going to be a Bush, McCarthy, Ryan, Romney RINO two-faced POS?

All you have to do is look at what is happening right this second. McCarthy bribed Democrats to vote for his BS debt ceiling bill, that BLOWS our debt through the roof, AFTER going totally two-faced on the talking points he's been talking for the last month.

Karl Rove and the Bush clan RUN DeSantis and his campaign!!!!!!

You call that a win?

giphy.gif

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They will ONLY cheat against Trump because he's the ONLY one that is different than the swamp known as D.C.

Who gives a flying fuck if "we" win if he's just going to be a Bush, McCarthy, Ryan, Romney RINO two-faced POS?

All you have to do is look at what is happening right this second. McCarthy bribed Democrats to vote for his BS debt ceiling bill, that BLOWS our debt through the roof, AFTER going totally two-faced on the talking points he's been talking for the last month.

You call that a win?

giphy.gif

Yes.

Let’s be honest, Trump does not care about the debt or spending at all. He has other positive qualities but fiscal conservatism is not one of them.

Unless you all are planning to rise up in the streets before Election Day 2024, A small win is greater than a total loss.

Results in Florida > Results in California.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Yes.

Let’s be honest, Trump does not care about the debt or spending at all. He has other positive qualities but fiscal conservatism is not one of them.

Unless you all are planning to rise up in the streets before Election Day 2024, A small win is greater than a total loss.

Results in Florida > Results in California.

Trump was indeed a spending whore. In a 2nd term where he doesn't face re-election, he will not be.

There is only one way out of this and the longer you kick the can down the road with a RINO, the worse off your children will be.

7ny27z.jpg

They are one in the same, one just destroys things a bit slower while smiling in your face.

hallett21

Reaction score

You call that a win?

giphy.gif
I’m with you burn it all to the ground. Until then my guess is that we keep printing money in “creative ways” until it collapses.

hallett21

Reaction score
kc85LMxzi.gif

I thought you had a brain young gun!!!! 😝
I want it to be true. But I know so many people who hate Trump so I have my doubts.

Nixon failed at stealing an election but Biden’s handlers pulled it off? Maybe?

Either way we went from a country of morherfuckers to getting fucked in 300ish years.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I’m with you burn it all to the ground. Until then my guess is that we keep printing money in “creative ways” until it collapses.

Exactly!!!

1685659497252.jpeg

They are simply playing musical chairs at this point and by continuing to prop up a dead economy, they're just making the eventual collapse worse.

If they would have raised rates on Trump, he would have been screwed also. 0% rates for a decade have consequences because math is a bitch and NEVER fails to call.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I want it to be true. But I know so many people who hate Trump so I have my doubts.

Nixon failed at stealing an election but Biden’s handlers pulled it off? Maybe?

Either way we went from a country of morherfuckers to getting fucked in 300ish years.

Elections were different when Nixon was around, much tougher to steal, but they did attempt it regardless.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Trump was indeed a spending whore. In a 2nd term where he doesn't face re-election, he will not be.

There is only one way out of this and the longer you kick the can down the road with a RINO, the worse off your children will be.

7ny27z.jpg

They are one in the same, one just destroys things a bit slower while smiling in your face.

I think he would continue spending. I also think even less would get done than the first go round.

That said I’d be happier with Trump than any D candidate.

hallett21

Reaction score
I had to double-check to make sure I was on the real estate thread. You guys have plenty of places to discuss Trump-Desantis-Biden. Give Regor a crack in the door and he will kick it open.
While I only dip my toes into the political forums…. @regor last post is fair for a real estate discussion.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
I had to double-check to make sure I was on the real estate thread. You guys have plenty of places to discuss Trump-Desantis-Biden. Give Regor a crack in the door and he will kick it open.

I get it, I said I was done, but they kept talking it. 😝

I hear ya, but this thread is somewhat political, because the housing market being discussed is ENTIRELY dependent on politics.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That’s why he’s got the highest like to post ratio in the top 20 🤣

hallett21

Reaction score
Elections were different when Nixon was around, much tougher to steal, but they did attempt it regardless.
I’m all in on 9/11 being an inside job.

Moon landing happened but we pumped a lot of propaganda into it.

Kennedy was killed by someone on the inside.

When it comes to real estate I think that we are (as a country) overly invested. Meaning commercial, residential, industrial etc. I think that we kept moving money into “real estate” and now we are seeing the results.

I also believe that “they” will twist the numbers to kick the can down the road.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
I don’t agree 😁. I think that the “average” American would prefer a Trump presidency vs what we have today.

There’s no way the American people want Biden back. Even liberals lol.

No one wants Kamala, and re electing Biden makes that a very real scenario.
It’s politics there all fucked up both sides

DC-88

Reaction score
How much were all the fees for permits, schools etc before any dirt was moved??
I didn't pay these ones myself but have done enough others along with full size regular new homes recently to say pmt. fee for that one was around $2,400 / soils report and testing + pad certification letter $4,600/ no encroachment pmt. needed due to sewer tie in on property/ T-24 with Hers/cf2r ( bogus for minisplits but CF2R bullshit still needed ) probably $1,000/ Survey prior to ( corners) and during ( form cert/ setback cert ) will be approx. $2,400/ 1" water meter for fire sprinklers in this local is $6,800 and they opted for a separate meter ( could have just upgraded the existing but could be better full time rental this way ) . House was sprinklered so ADU has to be also, but on an older home with no sprinklers ADU doesn't need them either :rolleyes:and Fire sprinkler pmt for this one approx $500. School fee should have been around $1,800. Structural was $ 3,600, Arch fee was like $4,500 but this one is cut/stack with dormers, a loft, and some pretty tall rake walls. So all in before breaking ground I'd say about $27,600
In an area with good soil , no sprinklers required, no 1" water meter required, big setbacks so no form cert , basic design it would certainly be WAY less fees and way less to build per sq ft.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Here a story

cxr

Reaction score
Here a story

lol is the attic remodeled into a groovy bedoom

jet496

Reaction score
Does anyone actually believe "polls" ? Have you every contributed to a "poll"

anyone actually believe future elections would be legitimate?? we are a "first world" country that somehow takes weeks to get official poll results / missing ballots / dead voters etc etc. It is all theatre
They can literally put any numbers they want out there. Fucking media is dangerous because people think they are being fed useful information from them.

retaocleg

Reaction score
all wars are bankers wars.......for private bankers(private central banks)..........how they corrupted our country and conquered it
good watch........

Last edited:

Orange Juice

Reaction score
For those looking for cooler summer weather, close to Havasu, Elk grazing in your front yard, this is the place.

Would make a kick ass cabin for someone with a little cash, sitting around baking in Havasu all week. 😉

retaocleg

Reaction score
if the populace knew our monetary system and how it actually works, there would be be riots........

Orange Juice

Reaction score
if the populace knew our monetary system and how it actually works, there would be be riots........
I remember paying $230k for a home in 1998. It’s paid for now. It would rent for $4500 today.

I suspect the same will happen in another 20 years. If all goes as planned, My home will sell for $2-4 Million in 2043.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

No one cares. To be honest, I’m not even sure if it matter anymore if every bank in the world is in in the con.

If we cease being the worlds top economy, there will probably be riots from the results of that though :)

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
This thread is just about a year old now, I'll share my personal experience, feel free to judge. I'm no expert.

• Sold home in Reno on June 25th, 2021. $441 sqft. Bidding war FOMO. Moved into an RV full-time to take time to re-purchase. (assumed two-year process) That house was nice, but not worth $441 a sqft to me. Gave up 3.15% rate to gamble.
  • Bought a Montana investment House June 22, 2022, $200 sqft FSBO. Had to do some serious local community networking to find this house off the market. Basically cold called after a death. Flathead Lake view, move-in ready, rented the day it closed. One block from the water. A mile to three launch ramps. 5.5% rate.
  • Escrow opened June 6th, 2023 $277 sqft on a newly built Montana acreage property with a shop (never lived in). Negotiated a 21.5% discount from the original listing price. ($352 sqft) No landscape, a blank slate. Three miles from the launch ramp on Flathead Lake. 6.5% rate.
  • The current average sqft price in our community where both houses are located is $339 sqft.
Since this thread started we have bought two properties. I believe there are deals to be had in almost any market if you dig for them (No deals in that FOMO mess). I also have watched market activity like a hawk for the last three years. No one has a crystal ball, but there is currently a sweet spot to buy IMHO because the future is unknown and potentially at a tipping point. You can use this as an advantage in negotiations because people are anxious. In both cases, we dug into the seller's personal social media and online lives to help us understand the situation they are in. It is pretty easy to figure out if someone has an adjustable HELOC, and it is easy to learn about the seller because people share almost everything on Social Media.

I have no idea what is going to happen, but if rates start to fall, housing will be back off to the races. Hopefully, we have baked in the potential depreciation in the market if housing cools and swings the other way with the price we paid for these properties.

Is anyone else buying and/or selling who has participated in this thread? Curious about what they are seeing.

We had clear goals when we listed our Reno house. Take advantage of the market. Use the equity to buy a more valuable home for the same price or less and gain an additional rental property. In my perception, we will have achieved this if this house closes as assumed on July 6th.

No matter which way you think the market will turn, if you're not in the industry, or you are not actively participating, you are just talking about the weather.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This thread is just about a year old now, I'll share my personal experience, feel free to judge. I'm no expert.

• Sold home in Reno on June 25th, 2021. $441 sqft. Bidding war FOMO. Moved into an RV full-time to take time to re-purchase. (assumed two-year process) That house was nice, but not worth $441 a sqft to me. Gave up 3.15% rate to gamble.
  • Bought a Montana investment House June 22, 2022, $200 sqft FSBO. Had to do some serious local community networking to find this house off the market. Basically cold called after a death. Flathead Lake view, move-in ready, rented the day it closed. One block from the water. A mile to three launch ramps. 5.5% rate.
  • Escrow opened June 6th, 2023 $277 sqft on a newly built Montana acreage property with a shop (never lived in). Negotiated a 21.5% discount from the original listing price. ($352 sqft) No landscape, a blank slate. Three miles from the launch ramp on Flathead Lake. 6.5% rate.
  • The current average sqft price in our community where both houses are located is $339 sqft.
Since this thread started we have bought two properties. I believe there are deals to be had in almost any market if you dig for them (No deals in that FOMO mess). I also have watched market activity like a hawk for the last three years. No one has a crystal ball, but there is currently a sweet spot to buy IMHO because the future is unknown and potentially at a tipping point. You can use this as an advantage in negotiations because people are anxious. In both cases, we dug into the seller's personal social media and online lives to help us understand the situation they are in. It is pretty easy to figure out if someone has an adjustable HELOC, and it is easy to learn about the seller because people share almost everything on Social Media.

I have no idea what is going to happen, but if rates start to fall, housing will be back off to the races. Hopefully, we have baked in the potential depreciation in the market if housing cools and swings the other way with the price we paid for these properties.

Is anyone else buying and/or selling who has participated in this thread? Curious about what they are seeing.

We had clear goals when we listed our Reno house. Take advantage of the market. Use the equity to buy a more valuable home for the same price or less and gain an additional rental property. In my perception, we will have achieved this if this house closes as assumed on July 6th.

No matter which way you think the market will turn, if you're not in the industry, or you are not actively participating, you are just talking about the weather.

Congrats!

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score

The weather has been gloomy the past month. The smart move for most of us right now is to just talk about it because rates are so high. I’m working on my river property demo’ing stuff in backyard to do a new patio addition. Two properties closed recently nearby with favorable $ per sq ft so my Zillow value took a nice jump. The patio and my pending solar install in CA have used up all my play money this year.