WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

For the Real Estate Drop in sales and price Naysayers HOLD ONTO YOUR HATS

hallett21

Reaction score
6B14539C-DCBF-4E48-AD25-294B05D59415.jpeg

PaPaG

Reaction score
First top 16th bank in the US since 2008 ran out of money......SHUT DOWN! Today's news reminds me of that old song "IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN"
Lets see if any small banks follow suit...

PaPaG

Reaction score
A tech bank in Silicon Valley to be clear..
2nd largest bank in History is the point and 16th largest bank in the US. No one would loan them the 16 BILLION they needed, and remember the tech industry basically has a hand in almost every aspect of modern daily living.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
2nd largest bank in History is the point and 16th largest bank in the US. No one would loan them the 16 BILLION they needed, and remember the tech industry basically has a hand in almost every aspect of modern daily living.

I’m asking did you read the actual causes of what happened there?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Why would they? Just divert one Ukraine payment and the .gov will cover it.

PaPaG

Reaction score
I’m asking did you read the actual causes of what happened there?
Yes I actually did, I always do a bit of research if specific potentially devastating news pops out in regards to the financial world before making most comments.
Here is the Gist of it:

Why did SVB's stock price crash?

There are two reasons – both tied to the Federal Reserve's aggressive interest-rate hikes as it bids to crush soaring inflation in the US.

The Fed's tightening campaign weighed on SVB's bond holdings, and it disclosed a $1.8 billion loss Thursday after completing a $21 billion fire sale of its fixed-income portfolio. The company tried and failed to raise $2.3 billion through stock sales to cover those losses.

In addition, startups find it more difficult to access funding with borrowings turning costlier – and that's fueled a high level of deposit outflows from SVB, analysts say. This sparked fears of a bank run, prompting several of the SVB's clients to limit their exposure to the institution.

SVB's "unique niche in the tech world is a real boon when that business is booming, but a problem when it's not," Interactive Brokers chief strategist Steve Sosnick said.

How is it affecting other bank stocks?

Crypto-friendly bank Silvergate Capital announced Thursday it would shut down – and the crisis at two financial institutions ignited fears of contagion effects across the entire sector, fueling a sharp selloff across banking stocks.

Wall Street's four biggest banks – JPMorgan, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Morgan Stanley - shed $55 billion in combined market value Thursday with investors rattled by the implosion of SVB and Silvergate, according to data from Refinitiv.

The KBW Bank Index – which tracks the price of the US's leading publicly-traded banks – plunged 7.7% Thursday for its worst day in almost three years.

On Friday, bank stocks offered a mixed picture. JPMorgan's stock price recovered some, while First Republic Bank saw its stock drop 20%.

In closing the professionals that know much more than you or I can more clearly explain the reasons and the why's.

hallett21

Reaction score
Yes I actually did, I always do a bit of research if specific potentially devastating news pops out in regards to the financial world before making most comments.
Here is the Gist of it:

Why did SVB's stock price crash?

There are two reasons – both tied to the Federal Reserve's aggressive interest-rate hikes as it bids to crush soaring inflation in the US.

The Fed's tightening campaign weighed on SVB's bond holdings, and it disclosed a $1.8 billion loss Thursday after completing a $21 billion fire sale of its fixed-income portfolio. The company tried and failed to raise $2.3 billion through stock sales to cover those losses.

In addition, startups find it more difficult to access funding with borrowings turning costlier – and that's fueled a high level of deposit outflows from SVB, analysts say. This sparked fears of a bank run, prompting several of the SVB's clients to limit their exposure to the institution.

SVB's "unique niche in the tech world is a real boon when that business is booming, but a problem when it's not," Interactive Brokers chief strategist Steve Sosnick said.

How is it affecting other bank stocks?

Crypto-friendly bank Silvergate Capital announced Thursday it would shut down – and the crisis at two financial institutions ignited fears of contagion effects across the entire sector, fueling a sharp selloff across banking stocks.

Wall Street's four biggest banks – JPMorgan, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Morgan Stanley - shed $55 billion in combined market value Thursday with investors rattled by the implosion of SVB and Silvergate, according to data from Refinitiv.

The KBW Bank Index – which tracks the price of the US's leading publicly-traded banks – plunged 7.7% Thursday for its worst day in almost three years.

On Friday, bank stocks offered a mixed picture. JPMorgan's stock price recovered some, while First Republic Bank saw its stock drop 20%.

In closing the professionals that know much more than you or I can more clearly explain the reasons and the why's.

I think everyone can agree that tech became over inflated during Covid.

So carrying a majority of investments in that sector was a risk that didn’t pay off.

I don’t think their downfall is an indicator of the banks in general failing. Unless they all are in the same investments. Which if they are they are stupid and deserve to fail. And may god have mercy on us.

PaPaG

Reaction score

So carrying a majority of investments in that sector was a risk that didn’t pay off.

I don’t think their downfall is an indicator of the banks in general failing. Unless they all are in the same investments. Which if they are they are stupid and deserve to fail. And may god have mercy on us.
I hope you are right, it is going to hurt a lot of hard working folks if more start failing.

hallett21

Reaction score
I hope you are right, it is going to hurt a lot of hard working folks if more start failing.

I think this is putting a lot of doubt in the banks. Which it should rightfully so.

But I hope greed hasn’t gotten the best of them.

If all the banks fail overnight the Feds will
step in again. You’re almost better off being on the debt side of things. If by some miracle the government allows citizens to buy debt for pennys on the dollar you’ll see true generational wealth over night.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score

Here’s an article I read earlier today that supports this argument.

530RL

Reaction score
Data today

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Whose gonna be the first to kick this can down the road another 18 months?

My parents house is under contract for just under asking. They were asking all the money plus a bit for their house.

They lowered their price 2%. The realtor double ended the deal, so that is 1% back to them.

Last edited:

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
We listed a property on Thursday March 16th and had over 90 showings on that Friday, Saturday and Sunday and went into escrow on the 23rd. Had 14 offers.

Listed for $788K and accepted offer at $820K. Went with the best and most qualified buyer. The best ones were all putting 20-30% down.

They waived inspection and close in 21 days so we should be closed on April 12th.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We listed a property on Thursday March 16th and had over 90 showings on that Friday, Saturday and Sunday and went into escrow on the 23rd. Had 14 offers.

Listed for $788K and accepted offer at $820K. Went with the best and most qualified buyer. The best ones were all putting 20-30% down.

They waived inspection and close in 21 days so we should be closed on April 12th.
Congrats. You’ll finally have enough to buy a hat.

jet496

Reaction score
Everything that goes on the market in our zip code sells immediately if it's a decent place & maybe a month if it's a total POS. Either way there's buyers out there somewhere willing to pay. Lately though, we haven't seen anything come on the market so people are kind of staying put for the moment I guess.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
2 homes for sale in my subdivision in Queen Creek for over 4 weeks, both have lowered their price 10-15k. Asking prices seem realistic, Az is kinda soft right now I'm thinking, still tons of homes under construction in QC.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score

Your house sold when the buyers walked thru the kitchen. 👍

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
This should help prices.

BRASILIA - China and Brazil have reached a deal to trade in their own currencies, ditching the US dollar as an intermediary, the Brazilian government said on Wednesday, Beijing’s latest salvo against the almighty greenback.

The deal will enable China, the top rival to US economic hegemony, and Brazil, the biggest economy in Latin America, to conduct their massive trade and financial transactions directly, exchanging yuan for reais and vice versa instead of going through the dollar.

“The expectation is that this will reduce costs... promote even greater bilateral trade and facilitate investment,” the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (ApexBrasil) said in a statement.

China is Brazil’s biggest trading partner, with a record US$150.5 billion (S$200 billion) in bilateral trade last year.

The deal, which follows a preliminary agreement in January, was announced after a high-level China-Brazil business forum in Beijing.

Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva was originally scheduled to attend the forum as part of a high-profile China visit, but had to postpone his trip indefinitely on Sunday after he came down with pneumonia.

The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Bank of Communications BBM will execute the transactions, officials said.

China has similar currency deals with Russia, Pakistan and several other countries.

MNpfzLudA3yW.jpeg

Last edited:

Buddy

Reaction score
Like my dad said back in 2007 while I was flipping my 3rd house that yr, "nothing makes sense son"
I said , what do you mean dad?
He said, last house you sold to a school teacher, she can't afford that.
I said, what should I do Dad.
He replied fuck if I know🤣 but things aren't right.
So I sold that flip unfinished and months later the condo crisis happened, then the rest is history. I believe we are around the time when my dad said nothing makes sense again .

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
It’s not just havasu.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My buddy put this on the market two weeks ago…multiple bidders almost immediately.

He accepted $1 million, cash, 3 week close and no inspection adjustments (he’s a contractor and rehabbed the place himself).

Doesn’t really prove or disprove anything…

riverroyal

Reaction score
Can I let go of my hat now? Tired of holding on to it.
My neighborhood went up.
The question is sell now or mid summer

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Securitization spreads have moved from 150 to 280 in the past few weeks. The big banks are modeling spreads at 300. Rates are headed back up here shortly everyone.

schweeng

Reaction score
Walked the swap meet last Sunday.. can’t recall seeing so many real estate companies displaying at swap meet before - don’t know what it means but they were obviously needing to pick up the hustle game a bit and do some extra work. They all had it pretty easy for 2plus years

bonesfab

Reaction score
Walked the swap meet last Sunday.. can’t recall seeing so many real estate companies displaying at swap meet before - don’t know what it means but they were obviously needing to pick up the hustle game a bit and do some extra work. They all had it pretty easy for 2plus years
Getting a whole lot more cold calls from sales and financing companies lately. Must be having to work for it now.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My phone rings nonstop with “I can help fund your business”calls.

That’s what I get for using my personal number when I formed my business.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Went to one earlier for my Realtor. Just sold for 4 million. Bought 6 years ago for 2.8. Young family in there 30s buying it. Put 1.2 down. From Texas. Most likely a vacation house. Sold in a week. Few small fixes and escrow should close in 2-3 weeks.