WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford 7.3 Godzilla

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
OK, makes sense they'd put the HD version in the F150 --- but only on RDP 😂

I never looked to see if the gear ratios are much different between the two. But they are different models with the same architecture

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Specd out another one with the black out option like LOF suggested.
Only a bit more than my other build and it will look much nicer I think.
7D5656F1-D06D-4ABB-9524-95594452699E.png

D2EFEA23-5764-4FAF-BC34-3F4941A65E9A.png

10B00A7C-6076-4966-B4A8-81FA7A9506DC.png

CLdrinker

Reaction score
This is no doubt a great truck - but this isnt particularly impressive.

My 406 = 6.6L small block made more HP and torque and idled at 800RPM with a single 4 bbl.
Ford is expecting these engines to go over 200,000 miles without issue. And regularly tow allot of weight.
Not sure your 406 would go that.

They can get way more power out if it but tune it for longevity.

I think 5star is getting over 500ft lbs out of the 7.3

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Ford is expecting these engines to go over 200,000 miles without issue. And regularly tow allot of weight.
Not sure your 406 would go that.

They can get way more power out if it but tune it for longevity.

I think 5star is getting over 500ft lbs out of the 7.3

Im pretty sure it would souped up small blocks live a long time with great parts.

If it lived on a boat for 15 years wide open it would work great in a truck.

Im not trying to say thats even an option - only that 500/500 from 7.3L isnt really impressive.
The 10 speed is what makes that combo greater than the sum of its parts.

I think its most viable non diesel available.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Im pretty sure it would souped up small blocks live a long time with great parts.

If it lived on a boat for 15 years wide open it would work great in a truck.

Im not trying to say thats even an option - only that 500/500 from 7.3L isnt really impressive.
The 10 speed is what makes that combo greater than the sum of its parts.

I think its most viable non diesel available.

I agree.
I really liked my 2018 Ram 6.4.
But for 5k more for the F250
I get
Better axle ratio
2 more transmission gears
Way bigger cab
Color match bumpers and nicer wheels
20HP & 36FT LBS
Seems like a good deal considering pricing

Your ad here

Reaction score
When do we get to discuss shocks, wheels and tires, speakers, lift kits, hitches, bed liners, headlights, seat covers, floor mats, clear bra, what yore allowed to tow, ect.?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
When do we get to discuss shocks, wheels and tires, speakers, lift kits, hitches, bed liners, headlights, seat covers, floor mats, clear bra, what yore allowed to tow, ect.?
Well I’m gonna be broke after. So I will be waiting for someone Biden bucks to do upgrades.

I won’t lift it so it will fit in my garage. And it comes with bedliner and “off-road” shocks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Possibly.

Wanna give that same test with YOUR baby truck? Oh wait, you're unable to tow a real trailer.

😕

Pick a load that my truck is RATED to tow and let’s do it. Or I will provide my loaded enclosed trailer.

I’m glad you aren’t a doctor, you’d probably use the bone saw in every operation instead of a scalpel. 😉

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well I’m gonna be broke after. So I will be waiting for someone Biden bucks to do upgrades.

I won’t lift it so it will fit in my garage. And it comes with bedliner and “off-road” shocks.

Those shocks are a joke. Get some Fox 2.0s at a minimum. The truck will ride way better. 2 inch spacer level with 35”s and Fox 2.0s on my friends ‘21 truck.

9847277F-EF89-4A1E-84F1-72D646FDE818.jpeg

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Pick a load that my truck is RATED to tow and let’s do it. Or I will provide my loaded enclosed trailer.

I’m glad you aren’t a doctor, you’d probably use the bone saw in every operation instead of a scalpel. 😉

Rated to tow? 😂

Put that girly truck on a scale, post up a pick of the scale sheet, and we will see what it's "rated" to tow.

Make sure it has a full tank and your fat ass in it too. 😁

Until that happens...

Quit talking shit in threads that don't apply to you and two wheel drive YOUR girly truck.

🙄😝😘

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Rated to tow? 😂

Put that girly truck on a scale, post up a pick of the scale sheet, and we will see what it's "rated" to tow.

Make sure it has a full tank and your fat ass in it too. 😁

Until that happens...

Quit talking shit in threads that don't apply to you and two wheel drive YOUR girly truck.

🙄😝😘
I see how you never post the day after a holiday weekend.. stuck towing slow rattling those marbles in the can on the way home while the rest of us have our feet up relaxing at home :)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I see how you never post the day after a holiday weekend.. stuck towing slow rattling those marbles in the can on the way home while the rest of us have our feet up relaxing at home :)

Funny you mention that...

Seriously, if all you posers in your wanna be trucks would stay off the road and outa my way, I'd get home a Whole lot sooner!

I actually drove home late Saturday night to avoid all the slow traffic.

I mostly Never go anywhere on a holiday weekend. Nothing but amateurs out and about.

But this past Thanksgiving, I broke my rule for a family week in the desert.

I generally don't post pics or locations of the place I go, cause they are usually away from the crowds, and I don't want all you posers crowding up my top secret spots!

But with you, I suppose I don't have much to worry about, since you can't get to most of the places I go.

It was pretty crowded where we were...

20211125_170146.jpg

20211126_164109.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Funny you mention that...

Seriously, if all you posers in your wanna be trucks would stay off the road and outa my way, I'd get home a Whole lot sooner!

I actually drove home late Saturday night to avoid all the slow traffic.

I mostly Never go anywhere on a holiday weekend. Nothing but amateurs out and about.

But this past Thanksgiving, I broke my rule for a family week in the desert.

I generally don't post pics or locations of the place I go, cause they are usually away from the crowds, and I don't want all you posers crowding up my top secret spots!

But with you, I suppose I don't have much to worry about, since you can't get to most of the places I go.

It was pretty crowded where we were...

View attachment 1072993

View attachment 1072995

Now it’s everyone else’s fault yore truck is slow? Are some of those marbles falling out of the coffee can?

Serious question - do you have cold start issues when it is mid 20s when you are out there? A friend with a modded 7.3 coffee can did.

My truck goes down a flat pole line road just fine:)

Looks like a fun trip.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Now it’s everyone else’s fault yore truck is slow? Are some of those marbles falling out of the coffee can?

Serious question - do you have cold start issues when it is mid 20s when you are out there? A friend with a modded 7.3 coffee can did.

My truck goes down a flat pole line road just fine:)

Looks like a fun trip.

Your reading comprehension sucks today.

And hell it does. Pretty sure it has to do with how it's tuned! It's Really bad at altitude. I keep a can of Ether under the back seat at all times.

In twenty years I've used it maybe two or three times? Once up in Big Bear, once in Dove Springs and I think the other time was up in the mountains as well.

If it was stock it would have probably been fine, but I really have no idea, since I never leave anything stock! 😁

It was a good trip. If you could have got to where we were, you woulda fit right in.

Hit me up when you get a real truck and trailer. We might let you tag along...

20211126_123157.jpg
20211126_123647.jpg
20211126_131813.jpg
20211126_132029.jpg
20211126_132141.jpg
20211126_134438.jpg
20211126_134729.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Also want to get rid of that horrible looking snow plow on the front and replace with the 2wd or Tremor Valance.

Yes those suck. No one can tell me why the 4wd valance is bigger than the 2wd valance.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Your reading comprehension sucks today.

And hell it does. Pretty sure it has to do with how it's tuned! It's Really bad at altitude. I keep a can of Ether under the back seat at all times.

In twenty years I've used it maybe two or three times? Once up in Big Bear, once in Dove Springs and I think the other time was up in the mountains as well.

If it was stock it would have probably been fine, but I really have no idea, since I never leave anything stock! 😁

It was a good trip. If you could have got to where we were, you woulda fit right in.

Hit me up when you get a real truck and trailer. We might let you tag along...

View attachment 1072998 View attachment 1072999 View attachment 1073000 View attachment 1073001 View attachment 1073002 View attachment 1073003 View attachment 1073004

Why is there flat, hard packed dirt roads in every picture? The 95 into Havasu is rougher than that.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Yes those suck. No one can tell me why the 4wd valance is bigger than the 2wd valance.
I think 4wd and 2wd have different factory ride heights. So the 2wd valence is smaller but the same height off the ground as the 4wd

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Why is there flat, hard packed dirt roads in every picture? The 95 into Havasu is rougher than that.

Cause Im not stupid...

I keep my hands wrapped around the seat belts when we were in the rocky sections. Are you new to off roading or what??? 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think 4wd and 2wd have different factory ride heights. So the 2wd valence is smaller but the same height off the ground as the 4wd

I don’t think they are that different in height? I know it has to do with fuel mileage, and the vast majority of F250s are 4wd.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cause Im not stupid...

I keep my hands wrapped around the seat belts when we were in the rocky sections. Are you new to off roading or what??? 😂

LOL

Hold on tight through this one boys! The groomed trail through this valley is treacherous!
7A59BFC8-0D69-43E5-9F00-0329CFC88300.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
The 2wd sits way lower in the front. So they didn’t need he bigger air dam for mpg. The 4wd is higher do they need to put that huge pos on there to help fuel mileage.

Atleast that’s my guess

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The 2wd sits way lower in the front. So they didn’t need he bigger air dam for mpg. The 4wd is higher do they need to put that huge pos on there to help fuel mileage.

Atleast that’s my guess
4WD is still way lower than 2WD. Check out the valance in relation to the wheel centerline. Red is 4wd, and valence is well below the lug nuts.
jdztjis-blue-2022-1024x567.jpg

2021-ford-super-duty-f-250_100760173_h.jpg

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I would get the Tremor package for the front diff and air dam alone haha

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Anyone have the front bench seat? Is that headrest a royal pain with the seat In The down position?

The center console is crazy expensive $995

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Anyone have the front bench seat? Is that headrest a royal pain with the seat In The down position?

Worth it. I know it is for safety, but old school flip up seat was way more convenient.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

No experience with the Ford, but not a fan of buckets up front in any truck. What are you looking at overall for your build? The 7.3 with the 5-star tune looks like a beast. If I were buying a gas truck, the 7.3 with 4.30s is the only way I’d go.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
No experience with the Ford, but not a fan of buckets up front in any truck. What are you looking at overall for your build? The 7.3 with the 5-star tune looks like a beast. If I were buying a gas truck, the 7.3 with 4.30s is the only way I’d go.
$56,875
10 speed
Black appearance package
Center console
Remote start
Rubber floor Mat
Rear privacy glass w/ defrost
Spray in liner
Skid plates

I don’t need the truck yet. So I’m gonna wait until the first of the year to put in my order. And pray for some kind of rebate. (Fat chance)

Dr Rob

Reaction score
$56,875
10 speed
Black appearance package
Center console
Remote start
Rubber floor Mat
Spray in liner
Skid plates

I don’t need the truck yet. So I’m gonna wait until the first of the year to put in my order. And pray for some kind of rebate. (Fat chance)
If you are ever up in the Williams area and would like to test drive a 7.3 with 430 S you are more than welcome. We can hook up a trailer or whatever you want.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
$56,875
10 speed
Black appearance package
Center console
Remote start
Rubber floor Mat
Spray in liner
Skid plates

Nice. Yeah I built and priced a few before I found my Mega. I like how Furd allows you to still build one the way you want- rubber floor liner, etc. For an occasional use truck that only sees occasional towing duty the Big Block just makes sense. My truck is a DD, and towing includes a yearly 5000 mile round trip to the Midwest, so I wanted the diesel. And I can’t make out anything under the hood on the 6.7, Cummins is easier to work on IMO.

The 10 speed trans is a badass piece.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts compared to the 6.4- there doesn’t appear to be any comparison.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
If you are ever up in the Williams area and would like to test drive a 7.3 with 430 S you are more than welcome. We can hook up a trailer or whatever you want.
I will passing through late March or early April on my way to Pagaso Springs to scout for next years elk hunt.

But I should have my order in before that.

I was happy with my Ram 6.4 6 speed so I’m sure I will be happy with what I have planned.

Wife kinda wants to go lariat but It’s just to much money.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Nice. Yeah I built and priced a few before I found my Mega. I like how Furd allows you to still build one the way you want- rubber floor liner, etc. For an occasional use truck that only sees occasional towing duty the Big Block just makes sense. My truck is a DD, and towing includes a yearly 5000 mile round trip to the Midwest, so I wanted the diesel. And I can’t make out anything under the hood on the 6.7, Cummins is easier to work on IMO.

The 10 speed trans is a badass piece.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts compared to the 6.4- there doesn’t appear to be any comparison.
I can build the ram the way I want for 50k. So it’s not ruled out. But for 7k the Ford is much better.

Dr Rob

Reaction score
I will passing through late March or early April on my way to Pagaso Springs to scout for next years elk hunt.

But I should have my order in before that.

I was happy with my Ram 6.4 6 speed so I’m sure I will be happy with what I have planned.

Wife kinda wants to go lariat but It’s just to much money.
I think your plan is right on track. That will be a badass truck. If you do want to try one out please let me know.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Go to the dealer and sit in one. The bench is not bad but I like the console better and use it more. Just check it out and see if it works for you.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I can build the ram the way I want for 50k. So it’s not ruled out. But for 7k the Ford is much better.
I wouldn’t go with the Ram in gas. Good truck- but the Godzilla with 10 speed and 4.30s is that much better.