WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford 7.3 Godzilla

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Fits in the garage. But it’s so close if you tap the brake at the wrong time it will hit.

I could lower the back like LOF mention. But I hate that look.

Or just level it with a 1” like I want and just pay a detail guy every once in a while and I will just do maintenance washes outside.

First world problems.

Oh it took 22hrs and 1590 miles and about $500 in fuel to get home

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Fits in the garage. But it’s so close if you tap the brake at the wrong time it will hit.

I could lower the back like LOF mention. But I hate that look.

Or just level it with a 1” like I want and just pay a detail guy every once in a while and I will just do maintenance washes outside.

First world problems.

Oh it took 22hrs and 1590 miles and about $500 in fuel to get home

How big is the lift block in back? You may not even notice. If it is 2” get a 1” block, although removing it is free.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
How big is the lift block in back? You may not even notice. If it is 2” get a 1” block, although removing it is free.

Haven’t looked. Tired as fuck.

I think I just need not be so fucking cheap and just pay a detail guy every other month to come give it extra love during the summer when i dont want to sweat my balls off.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I drove it the first 250 or so mostly in 4wd. It’s got some highway on it now and holy shit it’s a smooth runner. It’s an awesome power package

Nice. My 150 gets weird on some mid throttle shifts after too many highway miles. Flooring it and letting it rail through all the gears for a few mins usually fixes it for 4-6 weeks.

I really like the 7.3/10 speed package.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Gave the truck its first bath.

Removed 4x4 sticker on the bed.
Removed “Prius catchers” and trimmed valance.
Ordered tailgate assist
Antenna
2.5” to 2” hitch adapter.

Need to look up dash covers and schedule window tinting.
DF646F1C-9B64-45EF-B2EE-53900E7ED6D4.jpeg
8E9C19D7-E234-4840-9F9E-4AD23C614A59.jpeg

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So when I walked around the truck when I picked it up, I noticed I had overload springs. Wasn’t expecting that on a 3/4ton.

So I did a bit of Google research and from what I found since I ordered 4:30 gears that automatically triggers the Dana rear end instead of the M275 or whatever in the he’ll it’s called.

So the Dana rear end only comes with the overload spring pack.

So guess what? My F250 is pretty much a F350.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So when I walked around the truck when I picked it up, I noticed I had overload springs. Wasn’t expecting that on a 3/4ton.

So I did a bit of Google research and from what I found since I ordered 4:30 gears that automatically triggers the Dana rear end instead of the M275 or whatever in the he’ll it’s called.

So the Dana rear end only comes with the overload spring pack.

So guess what? My F250 is pretty much a F350.

Except for the tow rating sticker, it is about identical.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
@bldrinker what dealership did you get your truck from?
Granger Ford in Iowa.

They just announced last night that 2023 orders will be fine much differently.

Order banks open in October and they will only be taking orders in limited numbers each month.

If I was wanting a 2023 I would call now and talk to a salesperson and see if they will get you in line now by putting a deposit down.

2% under invoice.

Nada on my truck is 64k. I paid just under 54k before tax. Almost good as buying Hisun car allocations.

hallett21

Reaction score
Granger Ford in Iowa.

They just announced last night that 2023 orders will be fine much differently.

Order banks open in October and they will only be taking orders in limited numbers each month.

If I was wanting a 2023 I would call now and talk to a salesperson and see if they will get you in line now by putting a deposit down.

2% under invoice.

Nada on my truck is 64k. I paid just under 54k before tax. Almost good as buying Hisun car allocations.

And if I remember correctly you just build it and send them the sheet?

CLdrinker

Reaction score

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Looks good!
You should consider the Raptor steering wheel for towing, so much nicer with the paddle shifters.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Got the ceramic tint installed. Looks way better.

Not going to do much until next year. Actually on the fence about leaving the suspension stock and not leveling it. Man I must be getting old. View attachment 1153786

Naw, you're getting smart. I'm beyond sick of the lift kit on my truck. Reality is, it's a Total pain the the azz!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Got the ceramic tint installed. Looks way better.

Not going to do much until next year. Actually on the fence about leaving the suspension stock and not leveling it. Man I must be getting old. View attachment 1153786
Did you tint the windshield too? How dark is that tint (assuming same on front and rear side)? How dark on the windshield if you did it?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Did you tint the windshield too? How dark is that tint (assuming same on front and rear side)? How dark on the windshield if you did it?
On the windshield I did 70% which is damn near clear.
On the front doors I did the same darkness as the factory rears 35% I think?
Then I did all 3 rear windows with the same 35% as the fronts which makes them limo.

$540 all said and done. I do need to take it back for an issue front passenger.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Then I did all 3 rear windows with the same 35% as the fronts which makes them limo.

So it’s additive right? The rears were 35% and you did them over the factory tint again?

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score

@bldrinker Where did you get the tint done?

boatnam2

Reaction score
So tinting the front window I can throw away my $80 sunshade that i hate putting up everyday, I must be getting old.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
So tinting the front window I can throw away my $80 sunshade that i hate putting up everyday, I must be getting old.

I have had the tint a week. It might be better but it still gets hot as hell in there.

I was hoping it kept more heat out and that is not the case. I guess keeping out the UV rays is most important long term.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have had the tint a week. It might be better but it still gets hot as hell in there.

I was hoping it kept more heat out and that is not the case. I guess keeping out the UV rays is most important long term.
10-4, I will stick with PIA shade, it does work.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

It doesn't keep the heat out as much as it protects your interior from the suns UV rays. I do the same on my cars.

@boatnam2

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have the windshield tinted on my Ram, and I no longer need a sunshade. I can leave my sunglasses on my dash while my truck sits in the sun all day here in Phoenix, and put them on as soon as I get in the truck. I do still use a dash cover out of habit. I always used a sunshade on my last Ram, but I don’t really see the need to order another one.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
David...

Did you just say something nice about a Ford truck?? 😱😁
It was a moment of weakness.

I dont hate the trucks, I dont hate their SUV's either, I had an 86 Mustang GT I had a super fun time owning, and I like the Ford Maverick Hybrid for a nice company materials chaser. I considered ordering two but I just cant give them any business.

What I don't like is the the company decision makers. Ford has compromised morals, un-trustworthy, and flat out the most double minded company there is. 6.0/6.4, Blow out triton spark plugs, and releasing that Dual Clutch Trans mission and calling it "Approved for the road" when the engineers said we have several problems...and sticking that shit to their customers. People, like me, never learn. The class action lawsuit brought out some real terrible shit about the Focus. A car I bought for my Daughter to drive. Now completely worthless. Capistrano Ford will not even take the car in trade for something else. WOW.

THAT IS MY ISSUE with Fucking Ford.

Day 124 of my Daughters Ford Focus sitting at Capistrano Ford waiting on parts. Parts I believe they have NO INTENTION of delivering.

No more Ford talk from me. Its for my computers safety.

chvynhra

Reaction score
I dont hate the trucks, I dont hate their SUV's either, I had an 86 Mustang GT I had a super fun time owning, and I like the Ford Maverick Hybrid for a nice company materials chaser. I considered ordering two but I just cant give them any business.

What I don't like is the the company decision makers. Ford has compromised morals, un-trustworthy, and flat out the most double minded company there is. 6.0/6.4, Blow out triton spark plugs, and releasing that Dual Clutch Trans mission and calling it "Approved for the road" when the engineers said we have several problems...and sticking that shit to their customers. People, like me, never learn. The class action lawsuit brought out some real terrible shit about the Focus. A car I bought for my Daughter to drive. Now completely worthless. Capistrano Ford will not even take the car in trade for something else. WOW.

Day 124 of my Daughters Ford Focus sitting at Capistrano Ford waiting on parts. Parts I believe they have NO INTENTION of delivering.

What year focus?

Ricks raft

Reaction score

Just had to replace the lead frame assembly (speed sensor) in my 2011 f150. Known problem, Ford extended warranty to 10 year 150k. mine is 10 year+8 months, won’t cover it. Dealer couldn’t get, 2 month’s, 7000 onback order. I found one. While at the dealer they said there is 44,000 of some part in the focus trans on back order.
While irritating, it is the first mechanical problem I’ve had with the truck and the quality and driving dynamics are way better than my Chevy.
It‘s not just ford, friends 07 duramax has a bad TCM, back ordered, no eta.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Buddy has a new f-150, shit has had check engine light since day one, feel bad for him.