WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Ford F350 or Dodge 3500 Crew 4x4

BigQ

Reaction score
Looking for a F350 2005 -2007 Crew 4x4 or a Dodge crew 4x4 3500 2005- 2010 $25k max SRW

Thanks

Last edited:

Dalton

Reaction score
that's a rough year for fords, but I'm guessing you know what you're getting yourself into

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
I have an 05 350 XLT CCLB 4x4 6.0 w/ 105k miles I'd consider selling.
00m0m_fybb89c9vPu_1200x900.jpg
00G0G_45XUna5VFRZ_1200x900.jpg

BigQ

Reaction score
that's a rough year for fords, but I'm guessing you know what you're getting yourself into
I do thanks. Plan on making it right and i should be good. Hard to justify 40k or more for a truck i use twice a month. The 6.4 sound even worse.

25Elmn8r

Reaction score
Clean are you in So Cal? all stock?

It is all stock with exception of added Mishimoto coolant filter(previous owner). It is currently located in North Idaho.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
SRW the DRW is just too wide for my RV area to maneuver.

Gotcha, not sure about the Dodges, but the Fords of that vibtage there really is no difference in the 250/350 SRW. I’m pretty sure the GVR is only a few hundred lbs difference.

The 350 leaf spring block is a bit taller, and they have the overload spring(option on 250’s) My 03 250 has the factory overload spring option.

Might help you broaden you selection. There are lots of nice low mileage pre emission diesels out there. Mine only has 44k on it :D

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I do thanks. Plan on making it right and i should be good. Hard to justify 40k or more for a truck i use twice a month. The 6.4 sound even worse.

Don’t be scared of the 6.0...I could go on for hours. Its a great motor once you fix a few of Fords “improvements” on Navi’s design.

Brobee

Reaction score
Why not a clean 7.3l? You’ll have less headaches. 03 F350. 96k miles.
20161022_165331.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E4L

Reaction score
I haven't listed it yet but I'm thinking about upgrading to a new Ram.

Price that new one out first. The new pricing is [emoji2359]. Glad I got my 17 when I did.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Look at Dennis Dillon in Idaho. I priced out a 2500 6.4 gas yesterday. Vs Browning dodge in Norco. $9,000 cheaper.
I figure I can get a flight plus fuel back for less than $1,000. So it’s wirth the trip to save $8,000.

Brobee

Reaction score
I changed out the badges and grill to an 06+ style, it’s all 7.3l. The trucks stored in havasu now and since I sold my Toyhauler a few years ago I really don’t have any real use for it. It’s a tow monster. When I get another boat all I’ll need to do is tow it from the garage to the launch and this seems like a waste of a truck to keep it just for that.
IMG_4368.jpg

Brobee

Reaction score
Is that for sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not officially yet, but I’m probably going to put her up this spring. But I can sell it anytime.

probablecause

Reaction score
Not officially yet, but I’m probably going to put her up this spring. But I can sell it anytime.

Does it have the heated seats? Also, quit fucking around :) how many miles, etc., Post them pics and quit feathering our balls ;)

Hammer

Reaction score

Interested

Brobee

Reaction score
Does it have the heated seats? Also, quit fucking around :) how many miles, etc., Post them pics and quit feathering our balls ;)

Oh damn. I don’t check back very often but here’s what it is.

2003 F350 XLT.
4x4 Crew cab short bed
7.3l diesel
I think like 97k miles on it now. It’s in Havasu now so I can’t check. Definitely sub 100k
Grey cloth interior non heated seats in really great shape. No tears
I’ve owned it since 07 and 32k miles.
8” Donahoe “plush” ride leaf springs.
38.5” pro comp xtreme all terrain
Amp power steps
6.0l trans cooler
Mag Hytec deep trans pan
Monster box tranny with billet torque converter and 300m input shaft
4.56 gears
Rear air bags
Banks intercooler
Banks 4” turbo back exhaust
Banks big head turbo wheel
Afe intake
4 pod gauge pillar mount with trans temp, boost, egt, and the tuner.
Kenwood indash DVD player with 12” drop down screen
Tow package and brake controller
There’s more stuff but that’s the main points
It runs awesome and has a ton of power. The 7.3 will go forever. I rarely used the truck when I had my toy box and now I use it even less. I don’t need to sell it but I guess it’s time.
The truck is in havasu so if someone really wants it we’ll have to work that out.

I’ve found similar trucks with a ton more miles for 18000 and some for 26000. I figured I’d list for around 21000. It needs nothing as far as I know.

Here’s the only other pictures I have on my phone. I’ll probably be back out there in a few weeks and I can get some more then. As I said I was planning on listing it this spring so I’m sorry I’m not that prepared.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. I promise I’ll try to check this thread more often.

20160616_083524.jpg
IMG_3772.jpg
IMG_3770.jpg
20161022_162026.jpg
20160615_165923.jpg

Thanks.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Oh damn. I don’t check back very often but here’s what it is.

2003 F350 XLT.
4x4 Crew cab short bed
7.3l diesel
I think like 97k miles on it now. It’s in Havasu now so I can’t check. Definitely sub 100k
Grey cloth interior non heated seats in really great shape. No tears
I’ve owned it since 07 and 32k miles.
8” Donahoe “plush” ride leaf springs.
38.5” pro comp xtreme all terrain
Amp power steps
6.0l trans cooler
Mag Hytec deep trans pan
Monster box tranny with billet torque converter and 300m input shaft
4.56 gears
Rear air bags
Banks intercooler
Banks 4” turbo back exhaust
Banks big head turbo wheel
Afe intake
4 pod gauge pillar mount with trans temp, boost, egt, and the tuner.
Kenwood indash DVD player with 12” drop down screen
Tow package and brake controller
There’s more stuff but that’s the main points
It runs awesome and has a ton of power. The 7.3 will go forever. I rarely used the truck when I had my toy box and now I use it even less. I don’t need to sell it but I guess it’s time.
The truck is in havasu so if someone really wants it we’ll have to work that out.

I’ve found similar trucks with a ton more miles for 18000 and some for 26000. I figured I’d list for around 21000. It needs nothing as far as I know.

Here’s the only other pictures I have on my phone. I’ll probably be back out there in a few weeks and I can get some more then. As I said I was planning on listing it this spring so I’m sorry I’m not that prepared.

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. I promise I’ll try to check this thread more often.

View attachment 729082 View attachment 729083 View attachment 729084 View attachment 729085 View attachment 729086

Thanks.

Give me a call Mike 760 912-3547

BONER

Reaction score

A little off topic, but....

So I've been following alot of informational groups and websites about 6.0 Powerstrokes. You say you plan on making it right, but what I've been reading, no matter what you do, they're never right. Studs, separators, coolers, injectors, FICM's, etc. And they still seem to blow up.

What would you do to make it right?

Your ad here

Reaction score

So I've been following alot of informational groups and websites about 6.0 Powerstrokes. You say you plan on making it right, but what I've been reading, no matter what you do, they're never right. Studs, separators, coolers, injectors, FICM's, etc. And they still seem to blow up.

Sell it and buy a bus pass.

Hullbilly

Reaction score

Mine is pushing around 500rwhp and runs like a clock Does everything I aske of her....Like anything else #1 was the work done correct, #2 how is it driven and treated #3 maintenence.

My buddy has a 05 that I deleted did a coolant flush cat elc swap, intake exhaust and tune stock head bolts....he has 156k on the ticker and finally I just had to swap his FICM other than that change the filters and fluids.

Edit to add...To me if you go with a 7.3 you’re gonna dump coin into the trans, and the 6.0 the same coin into studs and delete kit....pick your poison

Last edited:

BONER

Reaction score
Mine is pushing around 500rwhp and runs like a clock Does everything I aske of her....Like anything else #1 was the work done correct, #2 how is it driven and treated #3 maintenence.

My buddy has a 05 that I deleted did a coolant flush cat elc swap, intake exhaust and tune stock head bolts....he has 156k on the ticker and finally I just had to swap his FICM other than that change the filters and fluids.

Edit to add...To me if you go with a 7.3 you’re gonna dump coin into the trans, and the 6.0 the same coin into studs and delete kit....pick your poison

Will your Remedies support more power? Like Turbo, Injectors, Tune, etc...

Your ad here

Reaction score
Lol, kinda my point. But maybe OP knows something the rest of us don't. :)
I know what he's after. He doesn't want a payment but the nicest pre DPF truck. 05-07 Ford 6.0 fits the bill. 6.0 is the drawback and sounds weird to buy a truck with the intentions to pour a bunch of money into it to "fix" issues. Once "fixed" its a nice rig for about $30K but it's still a mechanical device... If it were me buying a 6.0 I would just drive it and fix it when it needs it instead of fixing it right away.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Will your Remedies support more power? Like Turbo, Injectors, Tune, etc...

Not quite sure what you’re asking here....a 6.0 making a conservative 500 rwhp like mine is running bigger sticks and a stage 2 kc turbo with all the supporting oiling/fuel mods

I dont care if you have a powerjoke, dmax or cummins if you just slap a 200+ hp tune on it and drive it like a pissed iff teenager anyone of the 3 will show you their guts

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I know what he's after. He doesn't want a payment but the nicest pre DPF truck. 05-07 Ford 6.0 fits the bill. 6.0 is the drawback and sounds weird to buy a truck with the intentions to pour a bunch of money into it to "fix" issues. Once "fixed" its a nice rig for about $30K but it's still a mechanical device... If it were me buying a 6.0 I would just drive it and fix it when it needs it instead of fixing it right away.

Honestly, I’d go the route he’s going if the truck runs well now and has no issues a stud and delete will cost him about $3500...if he buys a basket case or waits and something lets loose it could cost much more.

BONER

Reaction score
Not quite sure what you’re asking here....a 6.0 making a conservative 500 rwhp like mine is running bigger sticks and a stage 2 kc turbo with all the supporting oiling/fuel mods

I dont care if you have a powerjoke, dmax or cummins if you just slap a 200+ hp tune on it and drive it like a pissed iff teenager anyone of the 3 will show you their guts

You answered my question. Thanks! :)

oldschool

Reaction score
We have a bone stock 04 6.0 on one of our ranches that has over 150,000 on it and only thing it's needed was a new turbo. This thing is hauling stuff around constantly, big stuff.

thetub

Reaction score
run a scan gauge device and monitor the motor.

if oil and water temps are within range (15 degrees of each other) should be good to go.

thats what im doing. so far 6.0 has run great except bad ficm and was my fault for running old batteries, which will fry them.

at least i hope im ok...

if or when my temps start showing difference meaning bad oil cooler probably going to put bullet proof external kit on it, egr and stud it.

tkrrox

Reaction score

What sticks are you running? I have a 1.5 kc but when I get new sticks I’m thinking stage 2 kc. I tow a 14500 tow hauler so don’t want to loose too much towing ability. Who’s tunes do you have?

chonchisyque

Reaction score
I agree with the tub message I bought the edge CT’s to monitor engine parameters and a IPR high flow coolant filter. It saved my 6.0 when I blew a head gasket going to Vegas. In Vegas I noticed no coolant in the degas bottle filled it up with coolant and the next day a small film of black in the degas bottle. I still drove it to havasu and didn’t miss a beat.when I got to havasu I check on the degas bottle and no residual oil. I did notice some white smoke on the way home from havasu for about 3 min.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
What sticks are you running? I have a 1.5 kc but when I get new sticks I’m thinking stage 2 kc. I tow a 14500 tow hauler so don’t want to loose too much towing ability. Who’s tunes do you have?

Casserly 190/30’s , with a KC Stage 2R. I run Innovative tunes (from tow thru extreme x) and an Innovative tuned FICM.

I mainly just run the street tune for pretty much everything, if I’m towing heavy I’ll load up the tow tune and egt’s are really only an issue at low rpm low boost. Hot Street tune is a blast, race and xtreme x are fast but a bit much for bouncing around town.

That combo is a bit smokey at tip in but clears up pretty nice when the turbo comes on.

If you tow 14.5k on the regular I’d go with 155 or 175’s...

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
We have a bone stock 04 6.0 on one of our ranches that has over 150,000 on it and only thing it's needed was a new turbo. This thing is hauling stuff around constantly, big stuff.
I’ve heard that with the 6.0s they like to be driven around loaded and left stock.