WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford Super Duty with Tremor Package

Rye

Reaction score
Searched the lounge and didn’t find any mention of them. Anyone buy one or thinking about buying and your opinions? I test drove a ‘20 model last year with the new 7.3 gas engine and wasn’t impressed with the power. Thinking of a Lariat diesel with Tremor package. I think they look pretty good for a factory lifted truck.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I looked but went with a loaded Lariat with Lariat Ultimate package, 6.7L Powerstroke 10-speed CC short bed SRW. Suspension lift and 37’s going on next week for less than the Tremor package. This color is Carbonized Gray.

Anyone interested in 4 brand new wheels and Michelin tires? :oops:

29962EFA-493B-4736-BE0E-B9601E5D3682.jpeg

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
My idea rig would be a Tremor over a Raptor.

Then I’d drive it straight to Carli or CJC for the goods.

The Tremor comes with meh suspension so you’re not paying for stuff that you’ll replace with aftermarket anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score
My idea rig would be a Tremor over a Raptor.

Then I’d drive it straight to Carli or CJC for the goods.

The Tremor comes with meh suspension so you’re not paying for stuff that you’ll replace with aftermarket anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Then what's the point of paying for the Tremor package, isn't it basically shocks and AT tires ?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Then what's the point of paying for the Tremor package, isn't it basically shocks and AT tires ?
4.30 gears, rear e locker, and front limited slip. Raptor style steps also haha

Taboma

Reaction score

OH, So it's geared for the larger diameter tires, front limited good, but I thought the E-Locker rear was standard with the FX4, I had that on my 12' Platinum 4X.
I like the Raptor steps, very useful, liked the drop-downs on my Platinum too, and my son's got them on his 21' Lariat Ultimate FX4 Power Stroke, but not the 4:30 gears.
My wife didn't like the drop-down steps the day of the purchase when she jammed her shin into it, but only did it once. 😖

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
I've got a 2020 Super Duty, Tremor, 7.3. Its a Lariat/Sport (not sure but it has everything) package. Really comfortable, the new 7.3 is a beast. Its a real big block and pulls through all 10 speeds like it. Mileage is now up to 13.2. Truck is very comfortable and performs off road better than the Raptor. Sure, its stiff and rides like an F250.

Raptors are/were nothing but an overpriced, overhyped F150 with a few cool goodies on em'. My truck before this was a 2013, 6.2 Raptor. put 208K on it.

As @Runs2rch stated, locker/limited slip they are also 2" higher than a standard F250 and come with 35" tires. No complaints on mine.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Nice! I have been jonesing for a white one. What trim level did you get?
Platinum, if I recall. I don’t think you can get it in the limited. To be honest I just told my inventory manager to order it with everything. I saw it even has a winch.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Literally the only good thing thing in the package is the front limited slip. No 4.30s with the 6.7. That is just for the gasser.

Everything else can be done in the aftermarket with better results for similar money.

Last edited:

Rye

Reaction score
Platinum, if I recall. I don’t think you can get it in the limited. To be honest I just told my inventory manager to order it with everything. I saw it even has a winch.
Can you post a picture of the winch, thinking about getting that option also.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
OH, So it's geared for the larger diameter tires, front limited good, but I thought the E-Locker rear was standard with the FX4, I had that on my 12' Platinum 4X.
I like the Raptor steps, very useful, liked the drop-downs on my Platinum too, and my son's got them on his 21' Lariat Ultimate FX4 Power Stroke, but not the 4:30 gears.
My wife didn't like the drop-down steps the day of the purchase when she jammed her shin into it, but only did it once. 😖

You can only get the 4.30s with the 7.3 gasser. 6.7 Diesel is 3.55 Rear with the Tremor or not.

Aside from the fender flares, the front LSD and a couple of other trim pieces you can Just get a regular 4x4 or FX4 without the $4k uplift, and go level the front and put your own 35s on it.

pkbullet

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the winch, thinking about getting that option also.
Truck is still at my store, will do on Monday. Inventory is so short, they will PDI mine last.

Rye

Reaction score
Literally the only good thing thing in the package is the front limited slip.

Everything else can be done in the aftermarket with better results for similar money.
Maybe, Tremor package is $3900~ as I recall. While not my favorite tires and wheels, that would be $2500+ upgrade, not sure about lift cost, alignment, recalibrate speedo plus the other couple things included in the package I think you would be way north of the package price.

Rye

Reaction score
Truck is still at my store, will do on Monday. Inventory is so short, they will PDI mine last.
Thanks.
Yea, I’ve been watching for a year and Tremors seem to be moving quickly from dealer lots.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe, Tremor package is $3900~ as I recall. While not my favorite tires and wheels, that would be $2500+ upgrade, not sure about lift cost, alignment, recalibrate speedo plus the other couple things included in the package I think you would be way north of the package price.

A 2 inch front level and alignment is a couple hundred bucks for an F250. You can get some nice Fox 2.0s all around for $600.

The “special” shocks on the Tremor are just twin tube garbage. You are not getting anything special for the $3900, except for the front LSD. The blacked out wheels and running boards look OK, but the wheels are still a stock offset.

Last edited:

pkbullet

Reaction score
The other thing is to get money back on aftermarket ads you need to sell private. So much easier to get value out of packages with book value. To most resale buyers price is dictated by bank advance vs what someone would pay.

Reactions: DWC

Rye

Reaction score
A 2 inch front level and alignment is a couple hundred bucks for an F250. You can get some nice Fox 2.0s all around for $600.

The “special” shocks on the Tremor are just twin tube garbage. You are not getting anything special for the $3900, except for the front LSD. The blacked out wheels and running boards look OK, but are still a stock offset.
Again maybe, I’ve been down the upgrade road a couple of times and it always costs more. Not to mention resale value.

Rye

Reaction score
The other thing is to get money back on aftermarket ads you need to sell private. So much easier to get value out of packages with book value. To most resale buyers price is dictated by bank advance vs what someone would pay.
Agreed, I see stuff being parted out and they rarely get good return on original investment.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Again maybe, I’ve been down the upgrade road a couple of times and it always costs more. Not to mention resale value.

Agreed, I see stuff being parted out and they rarely get good return on original investment.

Trading anything in they cut you off at the knees.

If you want to buy and drive a stock truck get a Tremor. If you want to personalize your truck, there is little value in a Tremor. You certainly won’t get the $3900 back out at resale. It’s not a Raptor, it is an appearance package.

The package is just overpriced for what it is, as they are trying to market the Tremor as some kind of Raptor Lite package.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I've got a 2020 Super Duty, Tremor, 7.3. Its a Lariat/Sport (not sure but it has everything) package. Really comfortable, the new 7.3 is a beast. Its a real big block and pulls through all 10 speeds like it. Mileage is now up to 13.2. Truck is very comfortable and performs off road better than the Raptor. Sure, its stiff and rides like an F250.

Raptors are/were nothing but an overpriced, overhyped F150 with a few cool goodies on em'. My truck before this was a 2013, 6.2 Raptor. put 208K on it.

As @Runs2rch stated, locker/limited slip they are also 2" higher than a standard F250 and come with 35" tires. No complaints on mine.

No offense but it’s not possible that the F250 or F350 “performs better than a Raptor” - no chance - not even close.

I’ve had 2 Raptors and a brand new Super Duty and they’re very different trucks for very different purposes.

PS: My F350 6.7 gets better mileage than your Tremor

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
No offense but it’s not possible that the F250 or F350 “performs better than a Raptor” - no chance - not even close.

I’ve had 2 Raptors and a brand new Super Duty and they’re very different trucks for very different purposes.

PS: My F350 6.7 gets better mileage than your Tremor

No offense taken. However, you have no clue how I use my truck. Raptors SUCK at towing. They drag over the rocks where I go fishing & my Tremor doesn't, they cant handle the deep water crossings where I go fishing. If you're talking about blasting through the desert, sure a Raptor does better. But so does my Razor, so does my Ranger.

We all use our truck differently. And I don't care what your mileage is. I bought exactly what I wanted, I like it. I'm tickled to death that you like the one you bought.

BTW, does your SD have a locker, LSD and 4:30's?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Searched the lounge and didn’t find any mention of them. Anyone buy one or thinking about buying and your opinions? I test drove a ‘20 model last year with the new 7.3 gas engine and wasn’t impressed with the power. Thinking of a Lariat diesel with Tremor package. I think they look pretty good for a factory lifted truck.

I test drove a couple before i bought my 1 ton. I was impressed and essentially talked my father in law into "custom" ordering a 21 with the gasser 7.3 for the "cabin" up in washington. I took delivery with my BIL a few weeks ago...we flew up for a snowmobile weekend. essentially put 200 miles on it, most of which was in 4wd, and went up to the snow trails. I was SUPER impressed by it. It handles ice better than my mega cab...I'd need to pull the package list he bought (it wasn't a tremor) but it's an awesome platform... He bought the gasser partially bc it will sit for VERY long periods. There are three keys, mine, my BIL, and my FIL...and none of us live within 1k miles of the cabin.

They wanted to be able to pull a "decent" sized fifth wheel they've since ordered around the west coast and to havasu when they fly in...(just couldn't justify the diesel).

Its a hell of a truck....if back in july/august bradley would have been willing to deal I'd likely own one..but im happy with my ram.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
No offense taken. However, you have no clue how I use my truck. Raptors SUCK at towing. They drag over the rocks where I go fishing & my Tremor doesn't, they cant handle the deep water crossings where I go fishing. If you're talking about blasting through the desert, sure a Raptor does better. But so does my Razor, so does my Ranger.

We all use our truck differently. And I don't care what your mileage is. I bought exactly what I wanted, I like it. I'm tickled to death that you like the one you bought.

You’ve just explained that you bought the wrong truck and to make it worse you complain about it because it sucks for towing.

Enjoy your fishing truck and your Razor. Maybe you’ll complain about eating dust riding in your SxS. Insanity is buying the wrong vehicle and expecting it to do something it’s not designed for.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Welcome to RDP, fairly new guy.
You’ve learned a valuable lesson here with this thread.

Don’t ask inmates opinions of trucks.

It turns into a big cuntfest in short order.
😎

Cdog

Reaction score
You lose towing capacity with the tremor pkg. the only reason why I didn’t add it to my 21 f350.

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
Can't wait to dump our Piece of Shit 2016 Silverado 1500 for a new F250. Pile of crap transmission shit the bed at 93,000 miles. Would like a Tremor package, but don't think it'll fit in our garage...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rye

Reaction score
Welcome to RDP, fairly new guy.
You’ve learned a valuable lesson here with this thread.

Don’t ask inmates opinions of trucks.

It turns into a big cuntfest in short order.
😎
Thank you!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Literally the only good thing thing in the package is the front limited slip. No 4.30s with the 6.7. That is just for the gasser.

You are correct. In my head I would get the 7.3. That is why I put the 4.30's.

Reaction score
I have the 19 f250 lariat 6.7 and 6 speed short bed and love it. Has the rear e locker and in 4w low in stock tires is more capable than most want to admit. In my opinion your better off getting the add ons aftermarket than from Ford. Had a dodge before and both dealers suck the same so I'd rather give the aftermarket the money.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Can't wait to dump our Piece of Shit 2016 Silverado 1500 for a new F250. Pile of crap transmission shit the bed at 93,000 miles. Would like a Tremor package, but don't think it'll fit in our garage...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Will you now also have a dog named Ford?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squeezer

Reaction score

If you need a truck, don't buy a Raptor...

Ordered a 2019 Raptor and have enjoyed every mile put on it. They are a fun toy not a work truck.

Cdog

Reaction score

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Ford should change the name to 'Stupid Duty' in honor of anyone willing to pay that much for a fucking truck.