WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford vs Chevy & Dodge

Waterheater

Reaction score
I'm just going to throw this out there to get things going. Chevy all the way.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I’ll start it off....That was back in the good old days when Ford trucks were made of steel and had 8 cylinders. :looking:

...but if they had 6 cylinders, they were inline and didn’t like to rev [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I saw that commercial and bought a Chevy anyway and still have it today. Ford dealer wouldn’t order me one with a 460.
I still like my old square body.😎

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Been a GM guy for since I was a kid, almost 50 years. I bought a Dodge body Scat Pack Challenger and was provided a Ford F 150 Eco Boost 4x4 work truck last year. I love the Dodge, the Ford is OK, but from my 30 years of owning GM trucks, it is a POS. The aluminum body dents much more easily than what I am used to and is overloaded easily. Seriously, you should be able to put more than 1K in the bed before it bottoms out uncontrollably...

But that is par for the course for Fords, when you see them on the road with any type of load the rear suspension is bottomed out. GM trucks ride much better but have much better suspension, even if you double up what the rated capacity is.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The greatest truck commercial ever was the one with with an older Dodge power ram in it...

The truck is on a fire road in the forest. It gets to the end of the road, the tailgate drops, and a quad comes flying out of the bed.

Loved that one. Probably as old as this one.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The greatest truck commercial ever was the one with with an older Dodge power ram in it...

The truck is on a fire road in the forest. It gets to the end of the road, the tailgate drops, and a quad comes flying out of the bed.

Loved that one. Probably as old as this one.
So Dodges load capacity was one whole quad, eh? 😇
Time frame about right since ' Zuki quads came to market around 85.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So Dodges load capacity was one whole quad, eh? 😇
Time frame about right since ' Zuki quads came to market around 85.

Yeah. I can't remember if was a Zuki or not.

I think it was a 250r. And I think the truck was red. Woulda made sense to use the 250r if the truck really was red!

Too long ago to be sure. Just remember I really dug that commercial!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Ford, Chevy or Dodge those commercials are far better than the shit we are forced to watch today

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Thought you guys would get a kick out of this..my former career was in automotive advertising at the factory level.
This commercial was largely considered one of the best car ads...ever.