WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford vs Ferrari

Singleton

Reaction score
Might go se it tonight
Wife has a Pampered Chef gig @ house, so I am kicked out.
Daughter @ movie and pool night until 9.

I just need to get from Cincinnati to home in SD today today.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll take the wife and boys to see it Sunday.

530RL

Reaction score
IMG_1984.JPG

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Might go se it tonight
Wife has a Pampered Chef gig @ house, so I am kicked out.
Daughter @ movie and pool night until 9.

I just need to get from Cincinnati to home in SD today today.

CVG is the worst to fly in or out of...all fucking day to get home.

dribble

Reaction score
The female Sacramento Bee Reviewer gave it a good review but said that "you could almost smell the diesel in the theater". I wanted to go down there and bitch slap her.

Singleton

Reaction score
CVG is the worst to fly in or out of...all fucking day to get home.

This is third week in a row I have gone west to east (Columbus, Philly, Cincinnati).
Have 1 or 2 (Minneapolis, Detroit) more of these before end of year.
Looking forward to 10 days in hawaii starting next week.

beerrun

Reaction score
This is third week in a row I have gone west to east (Columbus, Philly, Cincinnati).
Have 1 or 2 (Minneapolis, Detroit) more of these before end of year.
Looking forward to 10 days in hawaii starting next week.
Ya but are you going to go see the movie????

spectras only

Reaction score
Did Damon wore platform shoes for this movie?:p Should have been Adam Carolla chosen for the role of Shelby, since he has more resemblance of him and his voice? I'll go see the movie, regardless.:)

Last edited:

Spudsbud

Reaction score
side note, years back, 2 years in a row.
Met and shook Carrol Shelby's hand twice.
Ford sponsor tent at EAA in Osh Kosh.
Pix somewhere......

SixD9R

Reaction score
Just got home from seeing it. Definitely rocked. Will watch it again when it’s on Netflix or YouTube.
The theater was noticeably empty though.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I’m actually surprised this many of you go to theaters to watch movies.
Been quite a few years since I’ve seen a show in a theater.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Just saw it. Great flick. It paints a interesting story on ford and greed

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Last edited:

Clank123

Reaction score
588B6681-0DBA-47C9-B84D-329EF2539E79.jpeg

Saw it tonight.
Very entertaining and well done.
Wife even enjoyed it!
Seems like a must see for anyone on this site.
Don’t wait for Netflix...see this one on the big screen!
Cool for me that they shot scenes at Willow...turned many laps there in the early 80’s in a Formula Ford!

scottchbrite

Reaction score
Can’t wait to see it too. Adam Carolla did a documentary on this story back in 2016 called “24 Hour War”. Netflix just picked it up and it became available Friday. Adam had Matt Damon and Christian Bale on his pod cast last week, it was interesting. If you don’t know, Adam is a huge vintage road racing and Motorsports guy.
I grew up hearing these stories about guys like Ken Miles, Dan Gurney, Mark Donahue, etc from my dad. He raced and worked at Riverside raceway. It’s neat to see this history come back. Wish he was here to share his stories again.

bocco

Reaction score
I’m actually surprised this many of you go to theaters to watch movies.
Been quite a few years since I’ve seen a show in a theater.

Tonight will be the first time in years for me. It typically takes me two nights to watch a movie since I usually fall asleep. I'm hoping this movie keeps me awake.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Tonight will be the first time in years for me. It typically takes me two nights to watch a movie since I usually fall asleep. I'm hoping this movie keeps me awake.
You will be fine. Its long but never boring. I had to try 3 theaters last night to get tickets. Sold out.
Im 50 and i was young in there. Lots of shelby tee shirts and 'experts' in the place. I had to tell the guy next to me to stop talking

PlanB

Reaction score
Have tickets for tonight. Need to see if my Cobra shirt still fits. :)

PlanB

Reaction score
Great article! Wonder where they got the Ferrari models for the race scenes. Ferrari is already SUPER protective of reproduction cars and the film isn't exactly an ode to Ferrari.

I believe RCR provided the replica Ferrari's. Lance had the Shelby movie cars in La Jolla last night for the Global premier. The Miles and Shelby families each ended up with one of the Cobras used in the film. Pretty cool...

lebel409

Reaction score
I saw it last night at the laemmle in Claremont...mostly empty except for the numbnuts behind us the jabbered through the pic.

Really good, glad I saw it in a theater, wife liked it also. On the freeway cloverleaf today she was talking to herself..."wait...wait...wait...OK, Go!", LMAO

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm going Tuesday night. Its half priced movie night on Tuesday here. I'll see it in IMAX.....

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Incredible. My father and I went with super low expectations. We hate Matt Damon but God damn it, he and Bale were great. My father watched Ken Miles race many times and saw him race at Sebring. My dad also knew Shelby and he thought Damon did a great job. We walked out of the theater and we both looked at each other and said we could turn around and go in and watch it again.

So again, we absolutely loved it. Just a few things I was thinking about:

* If you own anything Ford GT or early Shelby prices are gonna go up guaranteed. The 2000s Ford GTs are gonna go even crazier.

* There were a few screw ups of course that I caught off the bat (sure there was many morel but what do you expect from Hollywood? First one I noticed were the K&N style filters on the Guardsman Blue GT40 in the earlier part of the film.

Second one was they just used regular public roads for the Riverside scene at the end of the movie. They could have used Buttonwillow; similar look enough to the old Riverside track in terms of vegetation, etc.

However, neither of these items took away from the film at all. Just making an observation.

* I was so excited when I got home and may have talked my wife in to letting me start another Mustang project in June. :D

* Seriously go see it in the theater. We saw it at one of those worh the loungers and geeat sound. It was awesome! Gonna take the wife this week!

* That Leo Beebe was a complete dick wad.

* Damn I wish I had a lot of money! I would have so many 60s Shelbys and GT40s!

Spent hours running 100s of laps at Willow Springs with my father. Miss those days. Maybe i can build another car and take my pops to drive again. It would be a dream and he is approaching his 80s.

My father at Willow Springs in early 90s.
20170926_202601.jpg

Next to my Dad's 65 Shelby R Model Tribute. Early 90s Willow Springs The lower photo is his 65 tribute and a company car that was in the process of getting sold when they were a dealer for Shelby.(you can see him getting in to the car up ahead in the photo). The Cobra is an aluminum 427Shelby car. Customer didn't want it painted. This is full aluminum and considered a real Shelby. Called a "Continuation Car" with a real CSX number.
20170926_202809.jpg

Last edited: