WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Forget about the hostility on the board what about all the bad luck lately

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Damn what about all the members and run of bad luck lately. Deaths, sicknesses, funerals, divorces, injuries and the list goes on. And let’s not forget diseased fighting cocks. I’m affraid to get on RDP in the morning anymore for fear of reading more bad luck. Rather than reply to everybody’s bad luck thread your all in my thoughts. Can’t remember so much bad luck before.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Damn what about all the members and run of bad luck lately. Deaths, sicknesses, funerals, divorces, injuries and the list goes on. And let’s not forget diseased fighting cocks. I’m affraid to get on RDP in the morning anymore for fear of reading more bad luck. Rather than reply to everybody’s bad luck thread your all in my thoughts. Can’t remember so much bad luck before.

I’m the luckiest SOB alive! Lol. I just happened to break my ankle.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck at all. LOL Just ask Headless Hula. He knows what I am talking about. For everyone’s sake stay clear of me when I am in your neighborhood. LOL

Gelcoater

Reaction score
If it wasn’t for bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck at all. LOL Just ask Headless Hula. He know what I am talking about. For everyone’s sake stay clear of my when I am in your neighborhood. LOL

DD536457-53F3-4D84-92B8-97556CD03092.jpeg

I think I’m safe:D

Backlash

Reaction score
Riiight?? "Lost on a tropical island???" I wish I could find some of "That" bad luck too! :D

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
Just keep ridin bulls and punchin fools. I agree though kind of depressing around here but it’s always been a cycle. I went to my parents 50th anniversary this weekend in Oklahoma and I struggled on remembering names and felt like a dip shit. A lot of people I hadn’t seen in 25 to 30 years. It made me think for sure.

Backlash

Reaction score
Yes Sir. We're all going to be as old and frail as RD sooner than later. :D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
All the shit you never thought you'd have happen, happens.o_O

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s all bad luck.

RDP is a large community that gets larger by the day...and older as well.

Many members are more comfortable now sharing their stories of misfortune because, even though mostly online, they feel like this is a sort of family.

I know it is for me, and the support on here is what kept me from completely losing my mind during Debs illness and passing.
Seriously, RDP gives me a place to “beat my drum” during bad times, good times, and even when I just need to be an asshole!

So I agree that “bad luck” seems to be a daily thing with one person or another, it also speaks to our overall aging group and the increasing level of willingness to share and seek support.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
“When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me...speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me...whisper words of wisdom, let it be.”

“And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see...there will be an answer, let it be”

“And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me...shine until tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me...speaking words of wisdom, let it be”

Last edited:

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
I'm not sure as I'd call it bad luck. I'd call it life. People mourn the loss of family, maybe because they didn't spend as much time as they should have before their loved one passed, too many other obligations, who knows. You've got to be thankful for the time and memories you did get. If you dont learn from opportunities squandered, you'll never appreciate the ones seized.

As I sit here on my deck looking out over the little island covered with birds singing their little hearts out, I cant feel anything but fortunate. You couldn't have told me I'd feel this way on the 16th of December, but keeping a positive attitude, and keeping even better people in your life is a recipe for happiness for sure.

I'm pulling for all of you. The cancer folks, the robbery victims, the car crash survivors, hell, even grads and milkmoney. Lord knows they both need as much help as possible.

Keep your heads up. Do what you know to be the right thing. Only you can control you.

:)

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I'm not sure as I'd call it bad luck. I'd call it life. People mourn the loss of family, maybe because they didn't spend as much time as they should have before their loved one passed, too many other obligations, who knows. You've got to be thankful for the time and memories you did get. If you dont learn from opportunities squandered, you'll never appreciate the ones seized.

As I sit here on my deck looking out over the little island covered with birds singing their little hearts out, I cant feel anything but fortunate. You couldn't have told me I'd feel this way on the 16th of December, but keeping a positive attitude, and keeping even better people in your life is a recipe for happiness for sure.

I'm pulling for all of you. The cancer folks, the robbery victims, the car crash survivors, hell, even grads and milkmoney. Lord knows they both need as much help as possible.

Keep your heads up. Do what you know to be the right thing. Only you can control you.

I was totally "feeling you" until you got to milk money. . .

RichL

Reaction score

Well said.

oldschool

Reaction score
If you keep an open mind and look hard enough you can find a diamond in any steaming pile of shit.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

When posted your phone was at 20% and you thought that you were safe. I bet now that you have been thinking of me you are suffering the same bad luck. I bet somehow you are now in need of making a phone call but your phone is dead. Can some one give Gelcoater a call to be sure he is doing o.k.? LOL

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s all bad luck.

RDP is a large community that gets larger by the day...and older as well.

Many members are more comfortable now sharing their stories of misfortune because, even though mostly online, they feel like this is a sort of family.

I know it is for me, and the support on here is what kept me from completely losing my mind during Debs illness and passing.
Seriously, RDP gives me a place to “beat my drum” during bad times, good times, and even when I just need to be an asshole!

So I agree that “bad luck” seems to be a daily thing with one person or another, it also speaks to our overall aging group and the increasing level of willingness to share and seek support.

Well isn’t that just a great optimistic view of life. Way to try and cheer up this thread. LOL

Gelcoater

Reaction score
When posted your phone was at 20% and you thought that you were safe. I bet now that you have been thinking of me you are suffering the same bad luck. I bet somehow you are now in need of making a phone call but your phone is dead. Can some one give Gelcoater a call to be sure he is doing o.k.? LOL
You say this like it’s somehow detrimental. :cool:

You have any idea how liberating it is having a dead cell phone?;)
It might have even been by design:D

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Agree, I got into the Verde River two weeks ago with my phone in my pocket. It was in a dry bag but it wasn't very dry inside. For the next 4-5 days, I was; not stressed, not agitated and not reachable but as you say, "felt liberated"

Oh, I learned I could text via my Mac. :D

lbhsbz

Reaction score

I always think back as to why I don't have more pictures from the river...it's because I typically leave my phone in the trailer for the whole weekend. It's nice with nobody bothering me.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I always think back as to why I don't have more pictures from the river...it's because I typically leave my phone in the trailer for the whole weekend. It's nice with nobody bothering me.
My service is almost non existent at Glamis, my phone pretty much is just there to be a camera, lol

HNL2LHC

Reaction score

Damn aren’t you just a ray of sunshine? LOL You are so right the glass is half full. :thumbup:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Damn aren’t you just a ray of sunshine? LOL You are so right the glass is half full. :thumbup:
When life deals lemons....
Break out the salt and tequila
Or pie crust:D