WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Forgot How Hard the Water is in Vegas. SystemWater Softeners vs. Salt-Free Water Conditioners, Reverse Os and Descalers‎?

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
We had a standard soft water system when we lived here before that just used those salt pellets. Lot's of people like those Kinetico ( Reverse Osmosis)

What say you? Thanks in advance for the input and have a blessed evening!

sintax

Reaction score
I'm curious if there are any new solutions out there. The old salt setups work well, but i'm on septic, so its not a great option for me. The RO option obviously works as well, I know my small setup for drinking water ends up dumping a good amount of water in the regen process.

Is there anything good / new? I remember when I was a kid, my dad had some water company come by and drop off a resin tank, monthly i think, before they allowed salt systems in Corona. Is that still a thing?

wet hull

Reaction score
We have the RainSoft brand. Its a 2 stage filter system and then uses the brine to clean the 2 filters. That is in the garage. Under kitchen sink we have the reverse osmosis system and a separate filter that makes our fridge water and ice cubed Alkaline. Our house water now test better then Dasani bottled. Big investment at $8400 but life time warranty and filters only need service every 3 years. In that price we also have the Oz system for the washing machine. Injects oxygen into water and does some magic. Only requires a teaspoon of laundry soap and no softner as well as only cold water. We are very happy. No cleaning fixtures or shower glass either