WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Forgot the storage keys!

Bugginout

Reaction score
Cleaned out my truck last week and put my storage and trailer keys on the bench in my Garage! Currently in Parker and my boat is a hostage in Havasu lmfao. My brother has two boats with him. My wife looked at me and giggled and said at least we don't have to clean itšŸ¤£šŸ¤˜I love this woman!!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Cordless cut off tool. Like a hot knife through butter.
IMG_0100.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

azsunfun

Reaction score
but your just down the road, i live in the sticks, everything just down the road

ltbaney1

Reaction score
there is a group of 5 families and normally atleast 2 families go together. we all have storages in parker and each one has a key to everyone elses unit in it. no address or anything just a first initial on the key. it has saved some of us.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Back in the day we drove about 3 hours to our cabin cruiser on the Delta got to the marina gate and no keys. Said fuck it broke into the boat and partied in our slip for 2 day's

cxr

Reaction score
Cleaned out my truck last week and put my storage and trailer keys on the bench in my Garage! Currently in Parker and my boat is a hostage in Havasu lmfao. My brother has two boats with him. My wife looked at me and giggled and said at least we don't have to clean itšŸ¤£šŸ¤˜I love this woman!!

been there done that LOL

Singleton

Reaction score
I did this once.
Bolt cutters plus I drilled out the garage opener manual override and opened the door.

Singleton

Reaction score
Back in the day we drove about 3 hours to our cabin cruiser on the Delta got to the marina gate and no keys. Said fuck it broke into the boat and partied in our slip for 2 day's

Last year I drove from Carlsbad to the Chirico Summit and realized I forgot the ToyHauler keys. Drive home, took a nap and then drove back to Havasu the next day

DLC

Reaction score
Combo lock all the way! And keep extra keys zip tied under the back seat for just in caseā€¦.. in all cars / trucks

Icky

Reaction score
Last year I drove from Carlsbad to the Chirico Summit and realized I forgot the ToyHauler keys. Drive home, took a nap and then drove back to Havasu the next day
I keep a spare set inside, the keypad lock is a nice feature

Nikwho

Reaction score
Make sure to buy a new lock when you go buy your bolt cutters/tool of choice!

dspracing

Reaction score
Been there done that. Got all the Way out to Havasu with the boat in tow and no key to get in the storage unit. Fortunately the office offers a lock cutting service for $20. Another $20 for the new lock and youā€™re on your way.

came back out with the wife literally 2 days later, forgot the damn key again! I had my Milwaukee batteries so I stopped by Home Depot and bought a grinder. There was no way I was going to step foot in that office two days later and tell them I forgot my key again.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Been there done that. Got all the Way out to Havasu with the boat in tow and no key to get in the storage unit. Fortunately the office offers a lock cutting service for $20. Another $20 for the new lock and youā€™re on your way.

came back out with the wife literally 2 days later, forgot the damn key again! I had my Milwaukee batteries so I stopped by Home Depot and bought a grinder. There was no way I was going to step foot in that office two days later and tell them I forgot my key again.

I gotta try that trick whenever I want to buy a new milwaukee tool. "oh yeah babe we forgot the key I need to get a new fuel grinder combo set with charger and two "free" batteries"

Nikwho

Reaction score
I get it. I couldn't walk in and tell them the same thing two days later, either!

OkHallett270

Reaction score
Iā€™m definitely a combo lock kinda guy myself. I have a key story though. One year at my local lake in eastern Oklahoma we went out to a beach called the cut to hang out. Weather was nice and crowd wasnā€™t bad so we decided to bring the portable charcoal grill out there from camp and have dinner at the beach. I took my boat with my buddy Brent and my drunk passed out brother rolling around on the floor under the front deck back to camp to collect our food and grill. I didnā€™t have any pockets on my board shorts so after I dug my truck keys out of the dry box and went to get the stuff I asked Brent if he would put them
In his pocket til we get back to the boat so I could carry all this food and such. Well we load the boat up at the dock and jump in and take off on the couple mile cruise back to the beach where our friends are all waiting. The water is really low, it was late summer, so I am able to beach the boat and itā€™s 17ft deep off my swim step out back. As soon as I kill the engine Brent takes off for the back of the boat and does a swan dive out as far as he can go. Once he popped up outta the water I immediately realized my keys were still in his pocket. I said ā€œdude!! Pretty sure you just tossed my keys into the lake!ā€ Sure enough they fell out during his glorious display of aqua talent! My other buddy had his bass boat out there and we could actually see my keys on the sand in his structure scan but they were in 18-20 foot of water so no one could free dive down there to get them! Needless to say I had to call a locksmith to get my truck to start before I could load the boatā€¦ good times though. My drunk ass brother stayed passed out the whole damn day.

Bugginout

Reaction score
Really, with gas prices the way they are the cordless grinder wouldā€™ve been a cheaper option!
The hasp has a security cover so the grinder was not an option. Was going to drill it out or call the lock smith but decided to make the run. My house is only an hour and 50 minutes from the trailer. So it was 50 bucks round trip. Live and learn.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This is one of my biggest fears. I must have at least 5 sets of keys out around town including keypads. I typically have been traveling with only a backpack these days. It should be all that I need. Just grab and go but I still get concerned that my wife has attempted to ā€œhelpā€ me and put everything away for me. LOL

boatnam2

Reaction score
My buddy always forgets his shit, last time he did it he calls and tells me he messed the storage lock up some as he forgot the keys. Ok no biggie, my next time i go, i think he cut the shit off with cutters and a pry bar, i had to tell the storage place it got broken into just to get them to help open it up and replace latch.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I was working on a job last week. Left my wallet, keys and phone on the counter, along with the key to the house. Front door closes behind me.

I'm locked out. No way to call anybody. Can't take my truck. Lucky for me I had not locked my truck and I was able get to my tools. I had to climb a chain link fence then use a drill and piece of wire to open up a a window and climb back into the house. Doh!

Nordie

Reaction score
Iā€™m definitely a combo lock kinda guy myself. I have a key story though. One year at my local lake in eastern Oklahoma we went out to a beach called the cut to hang out. Weather was nice and crowd wasnā€™t bad so we decided to bring the portable charcoal grill out there from camp and have dinner at the beach. I took my boat with my buddy Brent and my drunk passed out brother rolling around on the floor under the front deck back to camp to collect our food and grill. I didnā€™t have any pockets on my board shorts so after I dug my truck keys out of the dry box and went to get the stuff I asked Brent if he would put them
In his pocket til we get back to the boat so I could carry all this food and such. Well we load the boat up at the dock and jump in and take off on the couple mile cruise back to the beach where our friends are all waiting. The water is really low, it was late summer, so I am able to beach the boat and itā€™s 17ft deep off my swim step out back. As soon as I kill the engine Brent takes off for the back of the boat and does a swan dive out as far as he can go. Once he popped up outta the water I immediately realized my keys were still in his pocket. I said ā€œdude!! Pretty sure you just tossed my keys into the lake!ā€ Sure enough they fell out during his glorious display of aqua talent! My other buddy had his bass boat out there and we could actually see my keys on the sand in his structure scan but they were in 18-20 foot of water so no one could free dive down there to get them! Needless to say I had to call a locksmith to get my truck to start before I could load the boatā€¦ good times though. My drunk ass brother stayed passed out the whole damn day.

When I did boat, my boat box had just the key to my truck zip tied to a key floatie. I would actually lock my good set of keys in my truck and the key floatie stayed in the boat. That was always one of my biggest fears.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Before I retired to havasu me and my friend in town keyed our houses the same. Never had a problem.

I did that to our two homes. Did it to the current key of my MIL. That way she didnā€™t have to do anything but all three homes are the same.

Last edited:

OkHallett270

Reaction score
When I did boat, my boat box had just the key to my truck zip tied to a key floatie. I would actually lock my good set of keys in my truck and the key floatie stayed in the boat. That was always one of my biggest fears.
I wish I had the foresight for such ingenuity! Luckily the truck I had at the time was a beater mid 80s F-150 so it wasnā€™t exactly expensive to have a key made for it. Actually a friend of my momā€™s is a locksmith and he brought me a master key for those old Ford cylinders, which I didnā€™t even realize was a thing, and I was a Ford master tech at the time. I drove it home with that and ordered a whole new keyed cylinder off rock auto. I think it cost me his gas money to drive out there. A few weeks later after all the schools were back in session me and my girlfriend took the boat out on a weekday evening and there was no one out there. The water was glass and because of the low rain fall that year it cleared up really nice over by the dam end of the lake where we always went. The beaches were nice and clean and lots of sand to park on. We pulled into a secluded cove and while we were chillin there for a few hours the radio just stopped on my boat. After further investigation I realized I didnā€™t have power at all. I tried to reset the main breaker and it seemed like it wasnā€™t tripped. Boat wouldnā€™t crank, trim wouldnā€™t work nothing! Of course I had a very limited number of tools with me. I had to walk down the beach a while to get enough cell service to call my cousin out to pull me into the ramp with his Baja. Once I got the boat back to my shop I opened the engine hatch and smacked the circuit breaker with a screwdriver handle. The stereo came on immediately and I had all normal power again. Of all the days to be stranded on a beach for a few hours though! The weather was perfect! That boat was my all time favorite and I kick myself for selling it all the time. It was a 81 Hallett 20SS with 350 pre alpha setup. Sipped gas, ran about 58 to 60 on a good day, rode great in rough water compared to other boats in its size class for sure. It was built rock solid, the gel would buff to a shine even after all those years. Itā€™s the boat that really kick started my love for the brand. I didnā€™t know much about Hallett and was still learning about SoCal boats at the time. Wish I still had it and maybe one day Iā€™ll get another. I think it would be cool to have a v-drive version of it someday, or maybe a bravo drive built small block set up.