WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Found One!

attitude

Reaction score
After months of searching, a car being sold out from under us, and a baby being born we finally bought a new family wagon. We got it way bellow Blue book which is even farther below market value, saved us almost exactly 10k OTD from the Yukon sold out from under us. The couple we bought it from were extremely nice and the husband was the drummer for a decently popular 90s band. Crappy pictures from getting it smogged below.

6F5245F1-00E6-4858-B65C-AD5562254CC6.jpeg
BE66C495-B29D-478A-945C-4AB439033543.jpeg
CE017361-79E1-4CA7-9C69-855174B91367.jpeg
256D2645-CE15-4AC8-9FD7-A2AE8B96810E.jpeg

attitude

Reaction score
Looks clean!
Mom & baby doing good?
Thank you! Mom and baby are doing great! Baby even got to go on his first adventure to the bank to sign the documents for the car and didn’t fuss at all. While doing that our 2 year old got to have his first grandpa grandson outing and they both had a ton of fun.

HBCraig

Reaction score
After months of searching, a car being sold out from under us, and a baby being born we finally bought a new family wagon. We got it way bellow Blue book which is even farther below market value, saved us almost exactly 10k OTD from the Yukon sold out from under us. The couple we bought it from were extremely nice and the husband was the drummer for a decently popular 90s band. Crappy pictures from getting it smogged below.

View attachment 1047755 View attachment 1047756 View attachment 1047757 View attachment 1047758
What band?

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Thank you! Mom and baby are doing great! Baby even got to go on his first adventure to the bank to sign the documents for the car and didn’t fuss at all. While doing that our 2 year old got to have his first grandpa grandson outing and they both had a ton of fun.
Wow, banks really are tightening down when your newborn has to sign the loan docs.
Congrats on both your new additions.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Nice!!!! We bought a 19 in January and love it!!!

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
We bought a 2017 XL last month for our third kid on the way (need something that can hold 3 car seats safely) and they are great driving cars. I love ours! Congrats and congrats on number 2!

attitude

Reaction score
We bought a 2017 XL last month for our third kid on the way (need something that can hold 3 car seats safely) and they are great driving cars. I love ours! Congrats and congrats on number 2!
Thank you Sir! Congrats on your third! You will probably be hearing from me soon for some tires once I level it out.

Raffit78

Reaction score
Congrats on both, we have the same XL. If there’s anything I can tell you. Stay on top of the maintenance. We have already rebuilt the tranny from hard shifting between 1-2. Blown rear airbags. We’re at 67k miles. Not sure what else we could’ve done for preventative maintenance for the tranny. It was always serviced by gm. These bills are very costly.

attitude

Reaction score
Congrats on both, we have the same XL. If there’s anything I can tell you. Stay on top of the maintenance. We have already rebuilt the tranny from hard shifting between 1-2. Blown rear airbags. We’re at 67k miles. Not sure what else we could’ve done for preventative maintenance for the tranny. It was always serviced by gm. These bills are very costly.
I plan on tuning it soon which will include the trans and turning off the cylinder deactivation. Hoping to avoid the costly bills as much as possible

attitude

Reaction score
Brandon aka @LakeMead Boater hooked me up yesterday with new wheels and tires. Mom had a specific rim picked out and Brandon was able to track down the last available set and ship it them cross the country. I’ve been getting mods on this thing as fast as my schedule will allow so please excuse the unfinished chrome delete lol.

04CB9855-6714-4375-B6D5-0DF5506D1229.jpeg
48033584-DB43-42C8-B56D-E475856B641C.jpeg

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
I plan on tuning it soon which will include the trans and turning off the cylinder deactivation. Hoping to avoid the costly bills as much as possible
As I have a new Denali too, I am curious about why/how you would turn off cylinder deactivation?

attitude

Reaction score
As I have a new Denali too, I am curious about why/how you would turn off cylinder deactivation?
There is said to be an oiling issue when the motors are in 4 cylinder mode. The first generation of LS motors with AFM had a lot of issues with it, the second Gen AKA when GM switched to the LTs have been a lot more reliable when it comes to AFM but I had it turned off as a precaution. I also put an intake and exhaust on it so when it was in 4 cylinder mode the noise the motor and exhaust would make was not the best.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
There is said to be an oiling issue when the motors are in 4 cylinder mode. The first generation of LS motors with AFM had a lot of issues with it, the second Gen AKA when GM switched to the LTs have been a lot more reliable when it comes to AFM but I had it turned off as a precaution. I also put an intake and exhaust on it so when it was in 4 cylinder mode the noise the motor and exhaust would make was not the best.
I see. Thank you.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Brandon aka @LakeMead Boater hooked me up yesterday with new wheels and tires. Mom had a specific rim picked out and Brandon was able to track down the last available set and ship it them cross the country. I’ve been getting mods on this thing as fast as my schedule will allow so please excuse the unfinished chrome delete lol.

View attachment 1057221 View attachment 1057222
Where/How are you doing the chrome delete...wrap, paint etc?

I have an Escalade that mama wants the chrome delete.

attitude

Reaction score
Where/How are you doing the chrome delete...wrap, paint etc?

I have an Escalade that mama wants the chrome delete.
I’m using wrap, Avery Denison’s Gloss Black to be exact. Supposedly this is one of the thinnest wraps you can get and is the preferred wrap when doing trim because it is easy to work with. This is my first time wrapping but I have been watching a ton of videos, it’s not very hard and after a few trim pieces you will more than likely have the hang of it. The only chrome pieces I am swapping and not wrapping are the badges and the grill.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
I’m using wrap, Avery Denison’s Gloss Black to be exact. Supposedly this is one of the thinnest wraps you can get and is the preferred wrap when doing trim because it is easy to work with. This is my first time wrapping but I have been watching a ton of videos, it’s not very hard and after a few trim pieces you will more than likely have the hang of it. The only chrome pieces I am swapping and not wrapping are the badges and the grill.
I replaced the grill with a factory black one. I think GM is now offering a few more stock black trim pieces but it starts adding up $$. Wrapping seems like the way to go.

Looking forward to some pics 👍

attitude

Reaction score
I replaced the grill with a factory black one. I think GM is now offering a few more stock black trim pieces but it starts adding up $$. Wrapping seems like the way to go.

Looking forward to some pics 👍
There is factory black window trim but it’s somewhere around $1200 once installed or so I’ve heard. Wrap is cheap and satisfying to get done well if your are OCD. I bought an 18+ Denali grill that I planned on putting in today but I’m still waiting on my black GMC badges. How hard was the grill swap?

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
There is factory black window trim but it’s somewhere around $1200 once installed or so I’ve heard. Wrap is cheap and satisfying to get done well if your are OCD. I bought an 18+ Denali grill that I planned on putting in today but I’m still waiting on my black GMC badges. How hard was the grill swap?
On the Escalade it wasn’t bad at all. Having an extra set of hands to support it while you release the final locking tabs to remove it completely from the front end was helpful. Other than that it was straight forward.

This is the video I found most helpful for me.

attitude

Reaction score
On the Escalade it wasn’t bad at all. Having an extra set of hands to support it while you release the final locking tabs to remove it completely from the front end was helpful. Other than that it was straight forward.

This is the video I found most helpful for me.
That’s good to hear, I bought a whole set of trim and clip removal tools in anticipation of doing it. This is the mod I am least looking forward to doing but I think will make the biggest difference.

Riverryder

Reaction score
are you going with the RANGE to turn off the v4 mode?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
It’s not “said” it’s very much real. I had a 16 Escalade and it grenaded the motor twice in 10K miles. It had lifters turn into glitter bombs both times. I drove it directly to a Ram dealer after picking it up the second time around and traded that POS for a new Ram. I lost my ass on that deal but I didn’t want to get stuck holding the bag on an out of warranty engine replacement.

attitude

Reaction score
It’s not “said” it’s very much real. I had a 16 Escalade and it grenaded the motor twice in 10K miles. It had lifters turn into glitter bombs both times. I drove it directly to a Ram dealer after picking it up the second time around and traded that POS for a new Ram. I lost my ass on that deal but I didn’t want to get stuck holding the bag on an out of warranty engine replacement.
That’s what I am trying to avoid, I’m surprised it happened twice in a row though. If I didn’t live in California I would delete all that shit and put a cam in it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That’s what I am trying to avoid, I’m surprised it happened twice in a row though. If I didn’t live in California I would delete all that shit and put a cam in it.
Why don't you? You are already tuned, it may not pass smog anyway, might as well delete the AFM and put in a mild/near stock cam.

attitude

Reaction score

Riverryder

Reaction score
what did the tune do?(dont know much about tunes) just to take the afm?

wanted to throw a cam in my truck( just because i like the way they sound) too but with gas prices in vegas and how much i drive i opted against it(assume you live in cali which is worse)

attitude

Reaction score
what did the tune do?(dont know much about tunes) just to take the afm?

wanted to throw a cam in my truck( just because i like the way they sound) too but with gas prices in vegas and how much i drive i opted against it(assume you live in cali which is worse)
In my case had the motor tuned for flex fuel, the shifts cleaned up since I have an 8 speed, and the shift points moved up a little. It really wakes the truck up and improves overall drivability. Depending on your tuner you can even do a fuel economy tune or a tune for towing, it’s just depends what you are looking to get out of your truck

Riverryder

Reaction score
@attitude flex fuel as in e85? what the benifit unless you plan on making a bunch of power?
had a flex fuel 07 and the e85 seems to decrease mpg
doing research now. seems like the best route is to find someone to doit in person instead of ordering a tuner online?

Yldboyz

Reaction score
I like the blacked out wheels and tires, I think I'm gonna do that to mine.

attitude

Reaction score
@attitude flex fuel as in e85? what the benifit unless you plan on making a bunch of power?
had a flex fuel 07 and the e85 seems to decrease mpg
doing research now. seems like the best route is to find someone to doit in person instead of ordering a tuner online?
Ye sir, E85 burns faster but it is also cheaper. On my motor e85 is good for about another 40hp which is why I added it, I also like how it smells. In person tunes are the best whether it be a dyno tune or a street tune. I went with EFI live and I sent a data log to Black Bear Performance in Idaho and they wrote a tune based off my requests.