WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Foxbody Mustang Coupe 87-93

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
If any of you guys have one or a lead on one please let me know.

I am willing to pay $7,000 up to $14,000 cash for the right car. Would like to stay in the western states if possible but will travel further for the right vehicle.

*Prefer 89-93 but 87 and 88 are ok as well.
*Must be a coupe (notch back, notch)
* SSP cars ok and almost prefered.
*Must be a factory manual car. No conversions.
*Factory V8 car. Please no 4cyl conversions. It would have to be a steal and super nice for me to consider.
*No rust with clean strut towers and torque boxes.
*Mods ok if done right and clean but stock is even better.
*Open to color but prefer factory colors.
*Must be running.

Thanks!

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Top of your price range but it looks like an all original Cobra in great shape.

00s0s_2HsCXHn61uS_600x450.jpg

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/d/riverside-1993-mustang-cobra/6794177370.html

Flatsix66

Reaction score
How can those old shitboxes be worth so much $$$, they are throw-aways when used? I road raced new 85 and 87 GTs back then and those damn things literally tore themselves apart under the twisting loads. Back then 225hp sure felt fast! 85mph speedo and all.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
How can those old shitboxes be worth so much $$$, they are throw-aways when used? I road raced new 85 and 87 GTs back then and those damn things literally tore themselves apart under the twisting loads. Back then 225hp sure felt fast! 85mph speedo and all.

They have a huge following, lol and I’m one of those goofy fools. I sold my 1992 5.0 in 2008 with 27k on it, was a inconsistent low 10sec car as launching a streetable fox body is a complete crapshoot!

I’ve been on the hunt for one for the last 2 years to replace it. Kick myself all the time

Hullbilly

Reaction score
If any of you guys have one or a lead on one please let me know.

I am willing to pay $7,000 up to $14,000 cash for the right car. Would like to stay in the western states if possible but will travel further for the right vehicle.

*Prefer 89-93 but 87 and 88 are ok as well.
*Must be a coupe (notch back, notch)
* SSP cars ok and almost prefered.
*Must be a factory manual car. No conversions.
*Factory V8 car. Please no 4cyl conversions. It would have to be a steal and super nice for me to consider.
*No rust with clean strut towers and torque boxes.
*Mods ok if done right and clean but stock is even better.
*Open to color but prefer factory colors.
*Must be running.

Thanks!

Going to sound whack, but honestly the best place I’ve found is ebay for these. Guys that have clean unthrashed fox bodies onow they are sitting good. They ask astronomical prices, but if you play the game right they come down to a realistic number...I just have not found my unicorn yet

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

Thanks Grads. Actually familiar with everyone one of those cars. There is just too much shady and wrong stuff with all of them. That SSP car has been for sale for a year minimum. If I remember correctly, he wants like 25k or something crazy.

If I find the right one, I may buy it, but I may just go ahead and buy a new 2019. Trying to decide if I want to just drive or work on one. hahaha.

Thanks for all the input and great post guys!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
They have a huge following, lol and I’m one of those goofy fools. I sold my 1992 5.0 in 2008 with 27k on it, was a inconsistent low 10sec car as launching a streetable fox body is a complete crapshoot!

I’ve been on the hunt for one for the last 2 years to replace it. Kick myself all the time

I still love them so much. There is just something about the Fox. I have owned quite a few over the years. My most radical was an 89 GT that was set up to run the Silver State Classic. Made around 600 at the wheels. Ran it over a 170mph at one time. Full cage, fire system, no interior. Rad car for sure. Ran it at a ton of Shelby and Cobra Club open tracks at Willow Springs. I probably put more track miles on it than street miles!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I had an '88 GT convertible...I've never had more fun in a car! I've owned faster more powerful cars but there was something about that car that I just loved. Seemed to have endless power.
While searching for you last night I came across this one here...kind of my dream fox body Mustang...now if I can just talk the wife into it.:(

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/d/san-francisco-1992-mustang-gt/6792448519.html

00I0I_g0AJ03oK2HU_1200x900.jpg

Husqy510

Reaction score
Sold this one about a year ago. It was the ultimate sleeper with a blown intercooled 347 making 500hp to the wheels on pump gas.

Attachments

• 00E0E_4ucpGKVJnIh_1200x900.jpg
    00E0E_4ucpGKVJnIh_1200x900.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 269
  • 00D0D_nbS4HfgD9A_1200x900.jpg
    00D0D_nbS4HfgD9A_1200x900.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 286

oldschool

Reaction score
There's one sitting in the parking garage at my daughters apartment in Westwood. Looks like it's been there for a while. I'll have her check on it.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
I still love them so much. There is just something about the Fox. I have owned quite a few over the years. My most radical was an 89 GT that was set up to run the Silver State Classic. Made around 600 at the wheels. Ran it over a 170mph at one time. Full cage, fire system, no interior. Rad car for sure. Ran it at a ton of Shelby and Cobra Club open tracks at Willow Springs. I probably put more track miles on it than street miles!

They were terrible cars and obviously modern vehicles and motors are light years ahead.....but the simplicity, cost are what I love. Oh and nothing sounds as good as well built and tightly wound fox body with a quality exhaust.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
They were terrible cars and obviously modern vehicles and motors are light years ahead.....but the simplicity, cost are what I love. Oh and nothing sounds as good as well built and tightly wound fox body with a quality exhaust.
Yes, but unfortunately they also sound real good with a 6.0 Chevy in them...pick your flavor, injected, carbed, blown...the past three I've worked on have been swaped cars. Maybe it's an Az, or just a youngster thing. What got me is all the High Zoot traction stuff they have for fox's now! When I was messing with them, welding reinforcements for the upper and lower rear arms was a weekly deal, and you didn't hit the happy gas until second gear. Kids have gotten them to launch pretty good now, but the parts cost what my last fox did as a driver.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
And a kick ass car. I almost had my wife convinced that a new Mustang would make a perfect Visalia to LA commuter car.

Yeah this car will be at the track and pulled apart more than driven on the street. Definitely a terrible commuter car as it has 305 Sport Cup 2s all the way around. Basically race slicks with a few shallow grooves on one part of the tire. However a standard GT would be a GREAT commuter. I ordered up a bunch of parts today! I pick it up on Friday and will post a photo or two. I really started thinking about a GT350, but they are so much more money and I just couldn't pull the trigger on a used one.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Bumping this thread.......why am I up every night scouring the Interwebs for that Perfect Fox Body?!. Someone talk me out of this sickness.

Why are we obsessed with finding these diamonds in the roughs? LOL

Get help you are sick....lol

You know mustangs... just got buy a 2011+ and throw a hellion kit on it. I like fox bodies and have owned a couple but they pretty much suck by modern car standards unles you ls swap it and throw a ton of money at it...lol

gqchris

Reaction score
Get help you are sick....lol

You know mustangs... just got buy a 2011+ and throw a hellion kit on it. I like fox bodies and have owned a couple but they pretty much suck by modern car standards unles you ls swap it and throw a ton of money at it...lol

Yes they totally lack in all aspects. I think its trying to build a bad ass one I could never afford in Highschool. Hence what a million other dudes are doing also! I remember I had to save up like 6 months just for a BBK intake!

Reactions: E4L

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Yes they totally lack in all aspects. I think its trying to build a bad ass one I could never afford in Highschool. Hence what a million other dudes are doing also! I remember I had to save up like 6 months just for a BBK intake!

I get it and am guilty.... I buy shit i couldn't afford back then build it up and realize i no longer want it all the time...haha

You would be money way ahead trying to find a clean terminator cobra. Probably put you at the same place once you dump money into a fox body and they are holding value if not appreciating now.

Husqy510

Reaction score
I got my first one in high school, and like most, couldn't afford any of the aftermarket parts I wanted. A few years ago I got into them again and built an 89 LX with a blown 347. I sold that one and recently got this 88 GT.

The 88 has top of the line suspension and brakes, with a 331 making 420hp. It only weighs 2900lbs so it's a blast to drive.

Attachments

• 20201121_153934.jpg
    20201121_153934.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 20201013_102421.jpg
    20201013_102421.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 91

gqchris

Reaction score
I got my first one in high school, and like most, couldn't afford any of the aftermarket parts I wanted. A few years ago I got into them again and built an 89 LX with a blown 347. I sold that one and recently got this 88 GT.

The 88 has top of the line suspension and brakes, with a 331 making 420hp. It only weighs 2900lbs so it's a blast to drive.

Bad ass. I was talking to you about these when I saw you a few weeks ago! If you ever want to get rid of this one let me get first crack at it! Would have loved to gotten that 89 you iust sold!

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Why did I walk in to this thread...? I knew it was a bad idea.

First car was an '88 GT 5 Speed in Midnight Blue. Saved up since birth to buy that car and had to buy new tires in maybe 2 weeks. Car was fine. There was something wrong with my right foot around that time.

With that said - I am a buyer! Would love to have another.

E4L

Reaction score
I have a mustang story as well I wanted to buy this dark blue and grey 5.0 gt as a kid it never happened. Still love them fox bodies.

Check out foxbodysales on Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zhandfull

Reaction score
When the wife and I were dating, her Toyota truck had broke down. On the way to pick her up I saw a preowned black 87 LX T-top 5.0 at a dealer. Went back and bought it that night for her to drive. Loved that car!

Reactions: E4L

81Sprint

Reaction score
I have a mustang story as well I wanted to buy this dark blue and grey 5.0 gt as a kid it never happened. Still love them fox bodies.

Check out foxbodysales on Instagram

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dammit i know this i gonna cost me money! 89 was my first car and have rebuilt quite a few.

my last one
mustang.jpg