WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Free Asphalt Grindings: For dirt roads,etc.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
More popular then you thought it was gonna be eh LowRiver? :D

RD

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Damn straight!:D

I asked permission with RD cause I did'nt want to be total spammer. Reality is, this stuff is great for bare dirt if you can't pave or do concrete.

We don't work in AZ. much but if we do, I'll post up.

We work from Ventura South to Camp Pendleton, East to Blythe, west to the ocean. Pretty much been in every city one time or another over last 20 years. Our main function is asphalt grinding, as L.A. is the only city in So. Cal. with their own cold planers.

We arrange the dump of the grindings, our trucks will lay it out, most who get it either rake or rent a small bobcat to spread, tamp to their liking.

It's FREE, can't go wrong with that:)

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Next time you need a place to dump in Blythe, let me know, also if you are ever in the Bouse Az. area, I could use all you have.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Wrote you down on our list Wheeler, thankyou.

WYRD

Reaction score
Ever in the high desert?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yes, but mostly off 15, have'nt been to Palmdale/Lancaster in awhile.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I will take a wheelbarrow full if i can get some free grading and trenching with it...:D

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I can fill a wheel barrow in about....2 seconds with the mini grinder/lol.

As for trenching, let's see, what's the deck boat going for now?:D

How's it going?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Got you on the list, PM a contact number if you can.

We put an ad on Craigs list last week and have 15 locations all over already.

Could be in next couple of weeks as the job bids start getting inked in.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
I've put this down over the gravel I have going down my hill to my boatramp and dock. It's the best. When it gets hot in the summer it kind of sticks together and forms a nice asphalt surface. If you've never used it before, I highly recomend it. I had mine dump spread and then pulled it down with my Kubota and box blade.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thanks for the input,

We've had a lot of guys with dirt roads put it down and report it's a lot better in the rain than mud. Helps keep the dust down as well.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
If your ever in Sacramento... I know where you can dump a few dozen yards...

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Going to pass this info on to a buddy that lives in Perris.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Rich and I will post if we do Sacramento. Farthest North we've done is central Ca. so far. We're open to the whole state for the right price.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Gave your number to my friend, Randy that lives in Perris. He said he going to call you.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replys,

We're getting into busy season, we should be around most if not all of the areas called in within the next 3 months.

As for Blythe, anyone out there that heres of any grinding jobs, drop us a call and we'll make sure to get you grindings!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
We got featured in Los Angeles magazine for having the most unique "free" Craigslist ad, go figure!:rolleyes:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I'll be up on the 15 Fwy. on the cahoun pass tonight from 7pm to 5 am. I'll be in a Cat skid steer, try not to hit me, I'll only be going 5-10 mph, and it's a fully enclosed cab so empty beer bottles won't bother me:p

1manshow

Reaction score
Im interested if you guys are ever in the central ca area....Iam between Visalia and Bakersfield. We use if to fill pot holes on our roads since the jackasses never fix any roads in tulare co:swear:swear.1manshow

Blytheonian

Budweiser Rd.
Reaction score
Need 1-3 loads for my Yard in Ontario, 60@ Grove Ave. Thanks, Mike

RJMsalespro

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question but does anyone have a picture of what it looks like layed down. I may be interested in some for my side yard since we cannot afford concrete right now.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I'll check if we have any pics around the shop. It is'nt "decorative" looking by any means.

Basically, it's roughly the size of pea gravel, but, of course, random sized as it's ground up through the drum of the planer.

It's best for keeping dust down, it does'nt "move" much after being tamped down. Hope this helps.

WYRD

Reaction score
I'll be up on the 15 Fwy. on the cahoun pass tonight from 7pm to 5 am. I'll be in a Cat skid steer, try not to hit me, I'll only be going 5-10 mph, and it's a fully enclosed cab so empty beer bottles won't bother me:p

and I didnt get a call?.....WTF:D When do you think the grindings will be avail in that area?:hmm

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That job is a weird , seldom type job we do.

Harpers is the main contractor, we are out there one night a week for 15 weeks grinding 1/2 inch on the shoulder for 8 hours at a time. It equates to ONE truck load over 8 hours. That's really small for the time involved and they have a set dump location for that.

Most of our jobs are controlled by us as to where the dump spot is, and involve multiple trucks, I should have explained, sorry.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
I can use some in the truck yard I park in...We are always tryin to keep the dust down..We have had grindings put in b4 but its been awhile..need more I would say 3 or more loads...vinyard and 9th street in Rancho Cucamonga...I don't know who you use to haul it but Dave Epple parks there and I think he hauls it sometimes...keep it in mind please..

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I've made a list of all the sites from 3 websites. We do work in that area so I'd expect we'll be there in next 3-4 months.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
ATTENTION:

We just booked a large job in Laguna Hills. We are looking for dump spots around the 5 fwy./La Paz Pkwy. area. Mission Viejo, other So. orange county cities wanted.

Thanks.

Blytheonian

Budweiser Rd.
Reaction score
lowriver thanks for the 2 loads Mon in Ontario, I can use 2-3 more if you have 'em thanks Mike

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Glad it worked for you.

We've gotten real busy and we will most likely have a job out your way soon. We'll be calling for sure.

I've had to adjust days off just to help on all the work beyond the small amount I usually do with them.

jstnoc

Reaction score
Needles? I need as much as you can give! Will pay for xtra haul fee if needed!

Mike 714-343-4224

NdaWind

Reaction score
Lake Elsinore area? we have a 400' foot by 20' drive, how much would that take. Could you use this stuff for a boat ramp?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Jstnoc,

took your info. down, please Pm me a cross street for Needles and a contact phone # for the list.

Ndawind, your application would probably need 3-4 super ten truck loads (13-15 cubic yards/load)

A member posted on PB forums that he used grindings for a boat ramp and it worked well. It will never be as "clean" as regular poured asphalt/concrete, but it is better than dirt only for a boat ramp.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Attention Las Vegas Peeps!

We have a job slated for May 15th in Vegas. We're looking for dump spots within 10-13 miles of Desert Rd/Spring Valley. We only have two trucks slated for the job, hence the short distance/turn around time requested for the dump spots.

If anyone knows anyone with a dirt lot, driveway that does'nt want to pay for asphalt, this stuff is the next best thing. Please pass along

Thanks always,
LR