WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Free at last!

jet496

Reaction score
I have a new respect for anybody caring for anybody.

We just took care of my 90 year old MIL for almost a year & just moved her into with her sister in Colorado. Holy crap, it's a lot of work! Luckily we loved the hell out of her & she was sweet as pie. My wife's about ready to deal with 5 months of chemo & we just couldn't do it anymore.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
My mother in law lived with us for 8 years, I feel your pain. Moved into a assisted living shit hole in Monrovia.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
My MIL is 90. Still lives alone and drives. Lives in Eugene, Or. Wife returned from visiting her and said we need to start looking for assisted living for her. Said it will probably be less than a year and she won't be able to live alone anymore.

Went and toured a place near us here in TN. Suppose to be the best around here. Yeah no, she won't be going there. Not a shit hole, but not real nice either. Wife says when we go back to Sarasota this winter we will look there. If she can't find a nice one that is not to expensive, then we will have to go to Eugene and help her there. 😭

We could bring her to our house here, however we are pretty far from medical care. Well at least quick medical care.

The place near us was 4800 a month. We are ok with paying 7k a month, so hopefully in Sarasota we will find an acceptable place.