WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Free Food!

ssc

Reaction score
Last month I hear a car come up my driveway. It is long and steep. You can't see my front door from the street. I figured it was an amazon delivery. A few minutes later I open the door and find a large food order from what appeared to be a Mexican restaurant. There was no receipt nor identification on the bags. I figured someone delivered it to me by mistake. I left it on the porch in case they came back. I checked my alarm/camera system and neither the driver nor his vehicle had any type of identification. The next morning I threw it in the trash.

Last week I hear a car and figured it was amazon or ups. I open the front door and have numerous bags of groceries from the local store. There had to be at least $300 worth of groceries. I call the store and they tell me they don't deliver and give me the name and phone number of the delivery service that does their deliveries. I call them. They tell me they can't retrieve them due to safety issues--ie covid stuff. They tell me to enjoy and when their customer calls who didn't receive their order, they will take care of it. I offer to return them or pay and they said no can do. There was some good stuff in the bags.

Anyone else get free food delivered to them by accident? What did you do?

Cheers, Steve

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
I just had that happen last week. KFC was delivered to my door. The driver was still out front so I ran out to tell her it wasn’t mine. She said she had already cleared her screen and couldn’t double check the address and she just took off.

DLC

Reaction score
Anybody deliver beer?

I could go for some free beer as long as it’s not bud! I’d have to give that to the neighbors gardener.....

Reactions: ssc

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Anybody deliver beer?

I could go for some free beer as long as it’s not bud! I’d have to give that to the neighbors gardener.....

Total Wine & More delivers beer. I think BevMo too. Hoping for a mis-delivery now after reading ssc’s story.

Reactions: DLC

rrrr

Reaction score
Last month I hear a car come up my driveway. It is long and steep. You can't see my front door from the street. I figured it was an amazon delivery. A few minutes later I open the door and find a large food order from what appeared to be a Mexican restaurant. There was no receipt nor identification on the bags. I figured someone delivered it to me by mistake. I left it on the porch in case they came back. I checked my alarm/camera system and neither the driver nor his vehicle had any type of identification. The next morning I threw it in the trash.

Last week I hear a car and figured it was amazon or ups. I open the front door and have numerous bags of groceries from the local store. There had to be at least $300 worth of groceries. I call the store and they tell me they don't deliver and give me the name and phone number of the delivery service that does their deliveries. I call them. They tell me they can't retrieve them due to safety issues--ie covid stuff. They tell me to enjoy and when their customer calls who didn't receive their order, they will take care of it. I offer to return them or pay and they said no can do. There was some good stuff in the bags.

Anyone else get free food delivered to them by accident? What did you do?

Cheers, Steve

You can only hope the intended recipient keeps ordering stuff while drunk or stoned and giving out your address. Cha-ching!

bonesfab

Reaction score
My friend had a bunch magically show up on his door from Costco. Like 500.00 worth of food and stuff. We had a great salmon dinner on someone. He tried to do the right thing and they said keep it.