WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Frenchy from New Caledonia

Cripz0062

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m French so excuse my English, I live in New Caledonia (a French Island in the pacific near Australia and New Zeland), here we love boat, we can only go at sea, we do not have big river, and only a artificial lake but not really good for boating.

I have two boat,the first one is a thundercat, it’s an awesome boat (I will put picture when I connect with my computer)
The second is a riva junior who need restoration, its for this boat I come on this forum because I want to modify the engine location, actually it’s a direct drive, I plan to relocate the engine to the rear and put a v drive for gain space into the boat and enhance wave for wakeboarding. I don’t have the engine, I need to find a other one, I’m interested in a ls fresh water.

Regards

Cripz0062

Reaction score
C65F953D-C0FA-43A6-8981-D744388BD925.jpeg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
bienvenu.
Hope you can find what you need for your project, I am not savy enough to know the answers.
Is New Caledonia governed by same officials as Tahiti?

just_floatin

Reaction score
Welcome aboard FrenchY. The picture of “Our Days” is awesome and reminds me of our sandbar in Lake Havasu City. All that is needed is a nice game of Twister (inside American joke) 🤣

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Welcome aboard FrenchY. The picture of “Our Days” is awesome and reminds me of our sandbar in Lake Havasu City. All that is needed is a nice game of Twister (inside American joke) 🤣
C'mon man, that pic looks nothing like the sandbar outside of 4 boats in close proximity.😆😂

Cripz0062

Reaction score
Thanks all :)
Yes we are Governed by France, like Tahiti, as we was at 22 000 kms of France we have some liberty on laws (we still can have 2 stroke outboard)

We are only 300 000 people so we don’t have the same amount of boat than you on lake Havasu, but we have the same state of mind, we love big V8 engine 😊

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Yeap, and we was a covid free zone 🤘🏼
We can go on the water all year long (18 degrees Celcius the day in winter)
Beautiful water... welcome aboard!Lots of boat knowledge to be had here. Take a look in other areas of this website... you'll discover forums directed at more mechanical topics as well. Cheers.

Wedgy

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Frenchy!! Looks like Paradise to me. Love to see some more pictures Mon Ami!