WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Friday May 15th will be 8 weeks of Safer at Home Order in California

zhandfull

Reaction score
How's it affecting you?

I have been working as an essential worker this whole time but others in our organization have been furloughed and staying at home with full pay and benefits. That's about to change next Friday. Moving forward they will have to use whatever vacation or sick time they have to get paid while staying at home. When that runs out, on unemployment benefits they go.

Weird position to be in up to this point. Wasn't sure if I should be bitter about the others staying home or happy to be working.

Supposed to get a pay raise later this year. Should be interesting to see how that pans out. :)

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Luckily, any state's safer at home BS doesn't effect me directly...
My feelings on the otherhand: Feel bad for those that would rather work, and angry about those that prefer to take unemployment. I understand the need...but don't agree with the desire.
Does that make sense?

zhandfull

Reaction score
My part time working wife had her hours cut and continued working. Others furloughed around her are now making more sitting at home with the Feds extra $600 a week bonus to unemployment benefits through July. Again a little bitter about that but glad she still has work.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Wait. They got two months off with full pay and benefits, while you had to work? That sounds amazing for them. No change for anyone on my team other than working from home.

zhandfull

Reaction score
Wait. They got two months off with full pay and benefits, while you had to work? That sounds amazing for them. No change for anyone on my team other than working from home.

Yeah, was a pretty sweet deal for them up till this Thursday. Be interesting to see what happens Friday. They could bring everybody back or leave some or all of them home. In the short term I guess they weren't really necessary anyways. lol.. I feel better knowing that I was considered essential and will still be working, at least for the foreseeable future.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I'm still working and getting lots of overtime. My 19 yr old daughter is still working and my 16 yr old son got a job also due to no school so he's happy to have extra money in his pocket. My wife works at home

Singleton

Reaction score
Very Lucky and Thankful!
I am in software engineering (sales), and busier now then February. My group is OT eligible, and that was stopped March 15, so we are working standard 40’s. Last week was the first week I got approval for OT, so things are getting busie

My wife works IT for a National gym. She has worked more since March 15 then I have ever seen (14hr days, 6 days a week).

we are starting to return to normal. Still social distancing, but getting out more. Not sure when we will dine-in again, but know it will be sushi @ our favorite joint