WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Friday the 13th. I quit.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Was gonna go to Havasu for the first time tomorrow. The lake. Trailer lights working last season. All wires are connected, not frayed. No worky. Figured screw it and went and brought magnetic tow lights til I can figure it out because I was getting overheated trying to diagnose it. Magnetic lights are no good. Only turn lights work. Tried it on 2 vehicles. Same thing. Maybe just head down with fishing poles and some brews. Stay overnight and go to shugrues which I haven’t been to in forever. So little time these days. :p

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
A DVM will take hours off your diagnosis time, start at the trailer plug on the tow vehicle.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Fuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Tried post 3. Will look into fuse tomorrow. Was sweating too much to think straight. o_O

707dog

Reaction score
check your plug on the truck see if the pins are corroded and or the plug also. may need to sneak some emery paper in there and shine up the connections also check the grounds starting up front...if that don't work poor the drinks stronger and you will for get all about it

wzuber

Reaction score
A little dielectric grease on all connections and trailer plugs works wonders to enhance conduction and prevent corrosion.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Lol, if that's the most challenging thing that happened to you today your doing great! Don't let the petty things get you down.. life can be much more difficult than trailer lights not working with little to no effort given.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I dont know if its the first time towing with this vehicle but newer stuff needs the out puts turned on in software . My 2017 dodge did not come with it factory programmed . Just a thought

Groper

Reaction score
Are the Trailer tags on the permanent plate expired ?

Just a thought 🤔

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Reminds me of the time I labored to get the frigging trailer plug rewired. got everything working only to have the plug pop out on the way to havasu, drag on the street and get destroyed.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I always call it good if at least one trailer light does something. If none work at all, I wouldn’t know or give a shit because I never check.

REVENGE 97

Reaction score
Almost every customer that tells me the some of the lights don't work on their trailer have a dirty, corroded plug connection or 99% of the time a blown fuse. New trucks have separate fuses for trailer package now days so get out your trucks owners manual and start reading. The other day I was helping a customer trace an issue with the turn signals and for the first time I found a fuse that was a two in one type controlling both the turn signals, I removed it and turned it around and the opposite turn light worked.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
If its the same on both vehicle it is possible you had plugged both vechiles into the same faulty trailer circuit which smoked the same fuses in both vehicles.

3 circuits/fuses for trailer lights

1) Running lights (night time, the ones that come on with the headlights)
2) Left Turn
3) Right Turn

The brake lights are just both turn circuits lighting at the same time.