WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Friendly Reminder - Lets all take a deep breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I know we have had a lot going on lately. Things have been ratcheting up here and I'd rather not let things escalate to some big blow up where I have to ban people, so I am trying to be proactive.

Lets keep it cool, and just let things go sometimes. I am guilty of this as well and will be trying to let things go more often.

Do your part down here, just pause and take a breath every once in awhile, and maybe just let something go once a week, once a day, or whatever works with your posting regimen.

I am certain the topic you let go will bubble back up in another couple days anyway, and your response might be better with another day or tow of perspective.

Thanks.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I agree with Detective Pendergast
Call me a sheep in person? Better be prepared.
ECCA7B0D-2826-437B-B1F9-8BA998DDB86E.jpeg

We have a couple of oracles on here that are speaking without facts on topics they never worked for a living in like I have .
Getting old reading their non fact based BS

530RL

Reaction score
I agree with Detective Pendergast
Call me a sheep in person? Better be prepared.
View attachment 1003692
We have a couple of oracles on here that are speaking without facts on topics they never worked for a living in like I have .
Getting old reading their non fact based BS

LOL

Call me an Oracle in person and ewe better be prepared........

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I know we have had a lot going on lately. Things have been ratcheting up here and I'd rather not let things escalate to some big blow up where I have to ban people, so I am trying to be proactive.

Lets keep it cool, and just let things go sometimes. I am guilty of this as well and will be trying to let things go more often.

Do your part down here, just pause and take a breath every once in awhile, and maybe just let something go once a week, once a day, or whatever works with your posting regimen.

I am certain the topic you let go will bubble back up in another couple days anyway, and your response might be better with another day or tow of perspective.

Thanks.

Is it even possible to ban yourself?

CobraDave

Reaction score

Thanks.

Moderator powers? Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
You know LOF, you could actually moderate the 1 liners and pot shoters (shit throwers) who don't follow the rules, IE if your post does not concern the OP or is not on topic, buh bye until you learn to play with others.

You would find much more discussions, rather than poo flinging sessions, I would think.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
You know LOF, you could actually moderate the 1 liners and pot shoters (shit throwers) who don't follow the rules, IE if your post does not concern the OP or is not on topic, buh bye until you learn to play with others.

You would find much more discussions, rather than poo flinging sessions, I would think.

91C15D8C-65AA-4FBC-A3E1-813A432842B0.gif

Backlash

Reaction score
I don't mind the one-liners and the friendly jabs when they are accompanied by a smirk or a smiley face. That's all in good fun and expected on the internet. I have a problem when people open their mouths about something they know nothing about, and try to come off as the "Authority." Do that and you can expect to be thrown into the corner of the ring like a ragdoll. 😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Everyone is guilty of the pot shots and one liners, and frankly most are funny. We all don’t all have to agree, but again, this is a place someone uses to make a living. It’s not a no holds barred place where anything goes.

If I ban the several people with dissenting opinions, this place would be pretty boring.

This is just a friendly reminder to keep it light. We don’t need to whip each other into a froth when we know nothing is going to be solved anyway.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Everyone is guilty of the pot shots and one liners, and frankly most are funny. We all don’t all have to agree, but again, this is a place someone uses to make a living. It’s not a no holds barred place where anything goes.

If I ban the several people with dissenting opinions, this place would be pretty boring.

This is just a friendly reminder to keep it light. We don’t need to whip each other into a froth when we know nothing is going to be solved anyway.

If they’d quit being so fucking stupid we could solve some shit!

just_floatin

Reaction score
So meme responses with subliminal 🖕coded in the verbiage remain fair game. Cool.

On a lighter note, I never thought referencing sheep was so offensive. By comparison to the HTM manufacture threads circa mid 2000, I much rather have been referenced to an animal. Advertiser complaints and secret text messages must be on the rise 🤣.

500bbc

Reaction score

Thanks.
Aww dad, c'mon man!

500bbc

Reaction score

Politics is nothing without poo flinging...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So meme responses with subliminal 🖕coded in the verbiage remain fair game. Cool.

On a lighter note, I never thought referencing sheep was so offensive. By comparison to the HTM manufacture threads circa mid 2000, I much rather have been referenced to an animal. Advertiser complaints and secret text messages must be on the rise 🤣.

Here’s the deal for me (LR2)

I got the shot to stay in the fight to handle what was becoming a very violent time in big cities
LA did not get hit like Portland/ Seattle /NYC with bombing campaigns/ improvised fireworks that disabled armored Police Bear Cat’s and severely injured Cops around the country.
Based on that, the fact we had 10 techs for 465 sqaure miles , and up to 60 new cases/ 50 exposures (out of pocket) troops, with 350 + a day out of commission.
Our team and D team got the shot, to stay in the fight.
We made that decision and stand by it.
In the long run, we did it to help the city we serve, fuck anyone that can’t grasp that concept.

I have two of our 6 Cops that died from Covid I not only called friends , I actually took down bad guys with. Two others got this shit from Antifa protestors , took it home, and their wives died from it.

I’ve never said shit to anyone that did the shot or not.

But rest assured, after all I’ve dealt with in the last 12 months from this shit at work, call me a sheep to my face, especially in front of my kids?
No, not going to end pretty.

The time has come to bury this vaccine name calling BS , or we stay divided and some will be missing teeth.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Wait just a damn minute here!!!! We need more pictures of....the boat.:D
07’ bennington 2575 RFS
I posted that pic so anyone that wants to “dance”
can identify it beached and park next to it.

just_floatin

Reaction score
07’ bennington 2575 RFS
I posted that pic so anyone that wants to “dance”
can identify it beached and park next to it.
I actually dig your sled @LowRiver2 If you ever decide to upgrade and sell PM me. No kidding.
On the flip side, I am sorry to hear about your brothers at work that have passed while serving in the line of duty. I can’t speak for everyone, but I do feel LEO receive a ton of support from this community. A few bad apples (the commies) keep the conversations interesting but hardly worth dancing your life away on. But hey that’s just me.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Here’s the deal for me (LR2)

I got the shot to stay in the fight to handle what was becoming a very violent time in big cities
LA did not get hit like Portland/ Seattle /NYC with bombing campaigns/ improvised fireworks that disabled armored Police Bear Cat’s and severely injured Cops around the country.
Based on that, the fact we had 10 techs for 465 sqaure miles , and up to 60 new cases/ 50 exposures (out of pocket) troops, with 350 + a day out of commission.
Our team and D team got the shot, to stay in the fight.
We made that decision and stand by it.
In the long run, we did it to help the city we serve, fuck anyone that can’t grasp that concept.

I have two of our 6 Cops that died from Covid I not only called friends , I actually took down bad guys with. Two others got this shit from Antifa protestors , took it home, and their wives died from it.

I’ve never said shit to anyone that did the shot or not.

But rest assured, after all I’ve dealt with in the last 12 months from this shit at work, call me a sheep to my face, especially in front of my kids?
No, not going to end pretty.

The time has come to bury this vaccine name calling BS , or we stay divided and some will be missing teeth.

You get a pass LR and I applaud you for your reasoning, but I'll continue to discuss vaccines here. The bottom line in all of it is, this is a free country still and I have no problem with people deciding to get the shot, but the push they're making for everyone to get it...........................is disturbing and I will not conform, as I know you respect.

If I get out of line, just ask me if I like my teeth and I'll dial it back, although as I'm aging, it might be the excuse needed for new chiclet implants!! I'll do my best. 😝

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Words are nothing to get that upset about. Life is too short
Some of us have carried heavier loads and tolls over this, so yes, we become “direct”, vs “upset”

The other side of “just scroll past” is complicit acceptance that I’m okay with my peers and I being called sheep.
I can vow with certainty that insult will not play out quietly in person.

RCDave

Reaction score
Some of us have carried heavier loads and tolls over this, so yes, we become “direct”, vs “upset”
Ignore those that cause you stress. At least here on the boards. I find the IGNORE option a very valuable tool in the arsenal against stupidity

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Ignore those that cause you stress. At least here on the boards. I find the IGNORE option a very valuable tool in the arsenal against stupidity
I only have one inmate on ignore
That guy mused about threatening the livlihood of a coworker via calling IA over workers comp fraud.
No fraud involved and that inmate is a little bitch that can’t can’t physically back his shit up, so ignore was the only option. I can’t confront disabled haters, so ignore it is.

500bbc

Reaction score

The other side of “just scroll past” is complicit acceptance that I’m okay with my peers and I being called sheep.
I can vow with certainty that insult will not play out quietly in person.
I don't believe the sheep comment was directed at you or your team mates, There are many people just like you that have to get for career and other reasons.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I don't believe the sheep comment was directed at you or your team mates, There are many people just like you that have to get for career and other reasons.
There is a thread in the lounge that went pretty direct at anyone that got the shot and went pretty far into talking out of his ass about it (OP)
I won’t fire off in the lounge but that guy will get both barrels from me down here (opinions)

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I only have one inmate on ignore
That guy mused about threatening the livlihood of a coworker via calling IA over workers comp fraud.
No fraud involved and that inmate is a little bitch that can’t can’t physically back his shit up, so ignore was the only option. I can’t confront disabled haters, so ignore it is.
You are so fucking full of shit. I never threatened to call anyone and have never done so. Quit spreading your lies. Big tough guy always threatening with force and name calling. Fuck off!! I'm sure someone will quote this so you can see it.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

R E S P E C T!!! :cool:

530RL

Reaction score

I deleted it because I felt sorry for you.

You are threatening assault on people, which if followed through on will result in you losing much of which you worked for.

So as opposed to continuing to poke you where you continue to respond with your threats of physical violence, I just deleted it.

Reactions: Rye

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I deleted it because I felt sorry for you.

You are threatening assault on people, which if followed through on will result in you losing much of which you worked for.

So as opposed to continuing to poke you where you continue to respond with your threats of physical violence, I just deleted it.

Play the victim now?
How about act ciivil in the first fucking place?

Status
Not open for further replies.