WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Froggystyle

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Where is old Wes at? I still think sometimes how ahead of the times he was with his turbo engines and lamination techniques. He was about 10 yrs too early.

I hope he is well. "Sharpening the razors edge"
Probably in an undisclosed location doing things that never happened.... Wait a minute... who is this Wes guy you speak of anyway. Never heard of him. 😁

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Screenshot_20201223-102439_Gallery.jpg

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Don't think he checks in here much...but he's alive on FB.

jesco

Reaction score
I ran into him at the Mint in March, he was racing and helping out a military/vet deal. Funny part was I had never met him before, started talking to him and couldn't shake that I knew him from somewhere... after about 10/15 minutes of bullshitting I realized it was Wes/Froggystyle from Trident Boats. He laughed when I said "Wait a minute, I know who you are... you're Trident Boats Wes"!!!! He's doing good, started another company doing military projects and sounds like its doing very well. He definitely was too far out front with Trident.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wes brought the infusion technology to the performance boat market.. that is a pretty big feather in his cap.

that boat will still be faster ten years later than just about anything else with an I/O with equal hp... which is another big feather in his cap.

That all said when he originally started out he built a boat for him, not for the masses.. Originally you could only buy it with a stereo that would literally blur your vision.. The steps to get on and off of it were on the port side not the starboard side (Wes spent an awful lot of time at foxes, which is about the only place on earth you get on and off a boat on the port side lol..)

The dual jet deal didn’t work out and he spent a bazillion dollars chasing that dream..

In the end it was probably better it folded when it did because nobody could have predicted the financial crash that happened..

Had he put an I/O in it from the get go and sold a ton of them abd then that crash happened it would have been ugly..

He’s doing military stuff mostly now.. and if I do say so myself is being one hell of a great dad. I enjoy watching him raise his daughter and he is really spending a lot of time to make sure she is the best she can be.

Also very into shooting and archery now.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Wes brought the infusion technology to the performance boat market.. that is a pretty big feather in his cap.

that boat will still be faster ten years later than just about anything else with an I/O with equal hp... which is another big feather in his cap.

That all said when he originally started out he built a boat for him, not for the masses.. Originally you could only buy it with a stereo that would literally blur your vision.. The steps to get on and off of it were on the port side not the starboard side (Wes spent an awful lot of time at foxes, which is about the only place on earth you get on and off a boat on the port side lol..)

The dual jet deal didn’t work out and he spent a bazillion dollars chasing that dream..

In the end it was probably better it folded when it did because nobody could have predicted the financial crash that happened..

Had he put an I/O in it from the get go and sold a ton of them abd then that crash happened it would have been ugly..

He’s doing military stuff mostly now.. and if I do say so myself is being one hell of a great dad. I enjoy watching him raise his daughter and he is really spending a lot of time to make sure she is the best she can be.

I remember an OP6 where i was tied up near On the Rocks. Holy shit that system was insane. It was the OP6 that HBJet hosted down by 3 Dunes.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Where is old Wes at? I still think sometimes how ahead of the times he was with his turbo engines and lamination techniques. He was about 10 yrs too early.

I hope he is well. "Sharpening the razors edge"
Probably cringing you ended your first sentence with a preposition.😁

Cdog

Reaction score
I was gonna add he's really into archery lately

Duramax

Reaction score

That's fantastic to hear. I forget what year it was, but I had come in a week early to Havasu for Desert Storm. My girlfriend and I stayed at the Nautical and of course one of the first nights we are having a drink at the Turtle and I meet Wes. He had his second Trident there, so he took a bunch of us for a great night ride. After that we became pretty good friends.
When I bought my Skater, I wasn't a huge fan of the old school paint and the name on the side, and after seeing it at DS, Wes offered to repaint it for me with the facility's he had. I'm sure he wanted to make some money for a change besides spending it at that point, and I was pumped to have a friend do it. Needless to say, it turned out to be WAY more involved that either of us had hoped, and when I think back, I can only imagine him thinking, "what the fuck did I get into".
We still stayed on good terms after that shit show and he even called me a few years after that when he was passing thru Tucson for dinner.

I'm glad he is doing well. He is that type of guy that will always make it work, and always land on his feet. I have a daughter too! Thats awesome for him. Erik says hello.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Isn’t that the guy whose boat looked like a big jetski? (JK. old Hotboat joke)

I pride myself on never having my grammar or spelling corrected by Wes. I wear that as a badge of honor.

It is well known that he was a spelling Nazi. Did you know he was a grammar Nazi too? Someone’s spelling could be on point but their grammar might be a horror show.

Hope he is doing well

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Dylan and Wes were 2 of the first Forum people I met. It was at the Trident party in downtown LA. I of course met Lynch and Billdo soon after and watched Bill be asked to leave the roof top bar. For aquatic reason that wont be discussed.....

Really glad to hear Wes is doing well.

rrrr

Reaction score
I'm continually astounded by the spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors on the forums I frequent. If I had a dollar for every misuse of apostrophes, I would be wealthy. It's only going to get worse, as schools don't teach those things anymore. Wes had to quit the forum wars before he blew a gasket. 😁

Your kids and grandkids won't know how to properly use the English language, but they will be able to articulate why the United States has never done one good thing since the country was founded in...uh, what year was that?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'm continually astounded by the spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors on the forums I frequent. If I had a dollar for every misuse of apostrophes, I would be wealthy. It's only going to get worse, as schools don't teach those things anymore. Wes had to quit the forum wars before he blew a gasket. 😁

Your kids and grandkids won't know how to properly use the English language, but they will be able to articulate why the United States has never done one good thing since the country was founded in...uh, what year was that?
I'm pretty bad at punctuation, but I always remember my mom saying between the A and the T if I asked where something was at.😁

rrrr

Reaction score
For those hoo don't no hoo Froggystyle is...

HitIt

Reaction score
I gave him a like for one of his 2013 posts. I wonder how many likes he will have when (if ) he ever signs on again? Their is some relly good content in sum of them.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score

@rrrr He was on a roll back then. The abbreviation NAZI.
A grammatically correct Navy Seal, who knew. Always enjoyed his banter and drive.👍

rrrr

Reaction score
I was practically crying with laughter reading his posts like the one I linked. It was comical because he was being totally serious.

wishiknew

Reaction score
I liked the story when he went to texas and got in a 66 chevelle he he had never seen or touched and drove it straight back to calif non stop

Last edited:

NeverSatisfied

Reaction score

I always loved how he would say stuff like this then would be all against bullying.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
I gave him a like for one of his 2013 posts. I wonder how many likes he will have when (if ) he ever signs on again? Their is some relly good content in sum of them.
I see what you did there...

2Driver

Reaction score

In tribute to ole Wes its, “there” and “really” is spelled wrong.

and yes I know you did that. :) :)