WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

From killin a dude to comforting a baby in 5 seconds. [Bravo]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Goddam!! The fact that he was 100% confident in his shot and didn't follow the protocol and was willing to potentially sacrifice himself to ensure that child's safety is absolutely inspiring and accolade worthy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Caydens Cat

all I got was a t-shirt
Reaction score
“That officer will be put on leave because his balls are too big to fit in a squad car”. Classic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Goddam!! The fact that he was 100% confident in his shot and didn't follow the protocol and was willing to potentially sacrifice himself to ensure that child's safety is absolutely inspiring and accolade worthy.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
1. 100% IN POLICY
Immediate defense of life (IDOL)
2. 25-30 yard shot at best: every rille operator trains regularly and will make that shot with optics , or will wait for opportunity to make it

Only thing that should’ve been differently is have a non rifle (long gun) Officer pick up the kid, but adreniline takes over and That’s not a big deal, but 100% that Cop would agree in hindsight.
You deploy a long gun, that is your role till the end or someone else takes over for you. Designated shooter is your primary role.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
1. 100% IN POLICY
Immediate defense of life (IDOL)
2. 25-30 yard shot at best: every rille operator trains regularly and will make that shot with optics , or will wait for opportunity to make it

Only thing that should’ve been differently is have a non rifle (long gun) Officer pick up the kid, but adreniline takes over and That’s not a big deal, but 100% that Cop would agree in hindsight.
You deploy a long gun, that is your role till the end or someone else takes over for you. Designated shooter is your primary role.
Makes sense. Is there usually only 1 officer with a long pulled at each call (that would warrant one obviously) or is there normally multiple? Really just curious as to what the procedure is.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Makes sense. Is there usually only 1 officer with a long pulled at each call (that would warrant one obviously) or is there normally multiple? Really just curious as to what the procedure is.
Some agencies issue everyone with one.
Larger agencies have standards those that want to carry one must pass, like higher pistols qual. Scores, then new rifle guy class , along with regular training days just for the rifle.

There have been times when everyone pulls out a rifle .
Needs to be common sense , usually senior Cop or Sgt. On scene can manage that

With us, a lot of newer guys don’t want the extra training /responsibility of a rifle thus we
don’t have as many in patrol as I think we should .

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Larger agencies have standards those that want to carry one must pass, like higher pistols qual. Scores, then new rifle guy class , along with regular training days just for the rifle.

With us, a lot of newer guys don’t want the extra training /responsibility of a rifle thus we
You have the problem too huh...lol I just laugh when I hear the extra trip to the range is too hard. Most people want them, they just don't want the extra time associated with qualifications. And god forbid you tell someone they might have to go on their own time to qualify if they want to continue carrying the rifle. 😂

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Thank you. I appreciate the insight and info. I think we are in agreement that the more officers qualified to properly use the rifle the better prepared for various scenarios.

"the officers rendered aid with a tourniquet around his neck"

Lol
That is the same method the jailers used for Mr. Epstein. They really wanted to ensure his survival by anchoring it to the piping overhead.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
You have the problem too huh...lol I just laugh when I hear the extra trip to the range is too hard. Most people want them, they just don't want the extra time associated with qualifications. And god forbid you tell someone they might have to go on their own time to qualify if they want to continue carrying the rifle. 😂
100% true in our dept,
Too many don’t put in the extra time /effort .

STV_Keith

Reaction score
Looks like great police work to me. Officer 2's body cam shows the shooter with rifle in hand jump out and get a braced shooting position, and at 2:04 he looks to turn up the power of the scope, to guarantee the shot. Well done!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think that officer needs six months off, to think about what he's done...

I'm the Bahamas...

All expenses paid.

Insane situation. Hats off to you guys in blue that have to deal with this day after day.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Fucking Donut is funny.

And the officer is the real fuckung deal