WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

From my Mustang to an AC Cobra, a build thread.

PlanB

Reaction score
And lets not forget that lovely pipe waiting on dismount.... I recall @Shlbyntro gonna pass on those hot messes.
Underbody side exit exhaust for the win!

IMG_1788.JPG

RaceTec

Reaction score
My front office staff FREAKED out when I came in on a Monday with a huge wound on my ankle. I told them I was bitten by a cobra and they went crazy, I showed them the burn and they believed me. I have a huge scar from the "bite" still! Still love side pipes though!

4Waters

Reaction score
My front office staff FREAKED out when I came in on a Monday with a huge wound on my ankle. I told them I was bitten by a cobra and they went crazy, I showed them the burn and they believed me. I have a huge scar from the "bite" still! Still love side pipes though!
Bitten by a Cobra🤣🤣 "Stingrays" suck too😉🤣

PlanB

Reaction score
Most people only do that once! 🤣

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Especially for a 7+ figure dollar car.

It's still just a car. If you can afford it...you can afford to wreck it! Never had as much fun as hanging out with rich guys who actually DRIVE their collections....

One of my buddies has a superb collection...people freak the fuck out! He's been screamed at before by randoms when we went sideways a half a block......

I'm not allowed to mention specifics, but his collection includes 60-70's Chevy/Ford/Mopar and Ferrari/Porsche...with many other smaller radical stuff like a 67 Iso Grifo (Euro GT Vette clone) with a 340hp Vette drivetrain....

Go be poor somewhere else! 🤣

PlanB

Reaction score
It's still just a car. If you can afford it...you can afford to wreck it! Never had as much fun as hanging out with rich guys who actually DRIVE their collections....

One of my buddies has a superb collection...people freak the fuck out! He's been screamed at before by randoms when we went sideways a half a block......

I'm not allowed to mention specifics, but his collection includes 60-70's Chevy/Ford/Mopar and Ferrari/Porsche...with many other smaller radical stuff like a 67 Iso Grifo (Euro GT Vette clone) with a 340hp Vette drivetrain....

Go be poor somewhere else! 🤣
It's not so much the $$$ as the rarity. I am honestly more paranoid about other drivers when I take mine out. People do stupid shit around it for some reason.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It's not so much the $$$ as the rarity. I am honestly more paranoid about other drivers when I take mine out. People do stupid shit around it for some reason.
He thinks that way too....so he drives em like he stole em....his logic is he's ahead/faster than the stupids....

It kinda makes sense if you think about it! ;) 😁

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
A guy out here had a 69 RS/SS(?) Camaro. All I remember for sure was BB 4spd car. Bought it in Texas with 15k on the clock. First owner only drag raced it. Original faded blue paint and factory interior..

An old lady backed her minivan into the quarter...

I've owned cool stuff, but nothing rare. The cool stuff was built from pieces, so fixing it was never an issue. A Cobra, to me, is like an Aston Martin or a Ferrari. They were built to be driven, but the price tag can get real steep.

SPFRONTMAN

Reaction score
Okay Ford Shelby experts and I just was informed myself from another friend that's restoring one. See the 2 slashes across the bottom line under his last named? Do you know what they mean? I'll wait.
Okay, here it goes. When it has 1 slash it was after his first heart attack, 2 slashes 2nd heart attack. 3 slashes was after his kidney transplant.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I'm starting to get tired of finding voids. This one happened to be right in a structural corner of the drivers door; I started to notice a fracture that was spreading while I was sanding the door. It turns out there was barely a single layer of glass. There was no filling this one like the others that were mainly in jams and rolled corners on the main body. I had to grind away all the primer, filler, and gelcoat to perform a proper repair with new glass and resin. 1 step forward and 2 steps back is what it feels like right about now.
20240103_145227.jpg
20240103_151306.jpg

RichL

Reaction score
I'm starting to get tired of finding voids. This one happened to be right in a structural corner of the drivers door; I started to notice a fracture that was spreading while I was sanding the door. It turns out there was barely a single layer of glass. There was no filling this one like the others that were mainly in jams and rolled corners on the main body. I had to grind away all the primer, filler, and gelcoat to perform a proper repair with new glass and resin. 1 step forward and 2 steps back is what it feels like right about now. View attachment 1319108 View attachment 1319109
The occasional air bubble I understand but that's BS. No excuse for the poor quality.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I'm starting to get tired of finding voids. This one happened to be right in a structural corner of the drivers door; I started to notice a fracture that was spreading while I was sanding the door. It turns out there was barely a single layer of glass. There was no filling this one like the others that were mainly in jams and rolled corners on the main body. I had to grind away all the primer, filler, and gelcoat to perform a proper repair with new glass and resin. 1 step forward and 2 steps back is what it feels like right about now. View attachment 1319108 View attachment 1319109
It sucks, but way better to find it now, and not as you hang the door, or second test drive.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
At least you know the car will be right when it's done.
And also every square inch of every aspect, he'll know. That's pretty cool.

Unfortunately my mind is working the exact opposite way. With all these imperfections I'm finding, I'm afraid I'm going to miss one until it's too late 😳

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
unfortunately my mind is working the exact opposite way. with all these imperfections I'm finding, I. afraid I'm going to miss one until it's too late 😳
Think of it like prepping a car for a race. Once upon a time, we'd replace every nut and bolt on a desert truck. Not because they needed it, but because it forced us to actively "put hands" on every part of the truck. There are probably many Cobras that have these flaws you are finding, but no one cared to dig deep enough. I'm pretty sure you'll fix what needs fixing ;)

spectras only

Reaction score
My fave colour is dark blue. My 72 Volvo 1800E will be blue as well. I picked dark sapphire blue. Can't wait to see it once the car painted, I had my 72 Challenger painted dark blue back in around 1976 when removed the white vinyl top. It had the hemi orange colour from factory. Enjoyed that car for 8 yrs and sold it almost 3/4 of the price new 4700+tax I paid. I'm sure new owner/s had to deal with rust later on. Those cars were ill prepped and painted those days. What is the paint code on the Cobra?
72 Challenger
1708397826842.jpeg

spectras only

Reaction score
these are AI generated cars.
colours are amazing
1708397963834.jpeg

1708398010270.jpeg

1708398046876.jpeg

My buddy who works on my Volvo just painted a 58 Apache truck the same colour as the green above.!
1708398073673.jpeg

1708398096066.jpeg

1708398118876.jpeg

the Ferrari Dino is real. Looks better than in standard Ferrari red IMO
1708398206924.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
A lil BUMP for our boy @Shlbyntro