WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Front loader submerged at South Cove

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Going, going, gone

Originally Published: June 15, 2021 5:07 p.m.

photo

Miner outdoors writer Don Martin snapped these photographs of a front-end loader, above, entering the water at Lake Mead before disappearing beneath the surface, right, on Monday, June 14. The equipment, owned by the Lake Mead National Recreation Area, was being used to make improvements to a boat launching ramp at South Cove to overcome low water levels, Martin said. No injuries were reported. (Photos by Don Martin/For the Miner)
DonateReport a TypoContact

Most Read
7 days
30 days

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I heard they made it a hazardous material incident...
with the Fed’s..... closed until further notice.

good luck getting that ramp reopened before the end of the year.

The way things are going, it wont be submerged for long... The waterlevel will drop another 20' and they can drive it right out!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I heard they made it a hazardous material incident...
with the Fed’s..... closed until further notice.

good luck getting that ramp reopened before the end of the year.
Don’t say that. I am supposed to go next weekend. Actually my 02 ski puts out more polluting shit……. According to the feds. :p

Loo Dog

Reaction score
71’ down that close to shore?
Had to have gone for a nice little slide down a significant drop off. I saw the picture from the robot that said 71.4’ depth or I wouldn’t have believed it either.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I miss the old days there where you could take the boat, take a right and go to iceberg canyon. Now past sandy beach it it shallow and muddy and sketchy even on a ski.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 11.00.22 AM.png

lantz

Reaction score
When they opened Parker Dam's gates in the early 80s our camp spots were all at Riverlodge, and they had a front loader and a grader like these in the park pushing up dirt birms to protect the trailers that were right at the corner. The operator of the grader stepped out and his grader promptly rolled right into the river just north of the point(corner) right where the nice beach front private Bar is now. He did run and jump in and got it stopped before the cab was fully submerged. After some discussion, they hooked chains up to the bucket of the front loader and back of grader, and it came out without much effort. The grader wasn't as big as the one in the pic though. Just stay clear of the chains or straps.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s coming out anytime soon, it went for quite a ride and is way out about 60’ past the end of the dock in 70 plus feet of water. Park Service said today South Cove is closed “for the foreseeable future.” Closed for real, not an RDP closed.

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Sounds about right you wouldn’t want to cause damage to the endangered caterpillar loader fish or disturb its mating season........