WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FU Facebook!!! They Locked My Account

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
FU Facebook!!

They locked me out of my FB account until I change my name, AND, submit proof of my identity. They can EAT SHIT. Everyone knows me as RogerThat. They do this under the guise of "Safety", so people can't cyberbully. The real reason is that they want your data to sell as part of their revenue model. Nobody wants to buy info on a Nickname.

FU Facebook!!

FU Mark ZuckerLoser!!

RD SUX!!

I May Not Be Back!!

Seriously though, I don't know if I will be able to get back into my account. I am not submitting any paperwork to them.

20170819_112005.png

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Wild, I know several peeps that use a surname or made up fake name. If I had put more thought into it, I prolly would have done the same.

That will get ugly.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Just change the spelling a little and start a new one. Doesnt get your data back though.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
They locked me out a couple years ago. I was using the name RogerThat Nine-Nine. I changed it to RogerThat Jones (They wouldn't let me use Roger That). Now they are asking for proof of Identity. :finger

Using your name in the beginning was no big deal, but know with people searching Social Media in professional situations, it doesn't make sense for most people. Many people I know, don't use their actual name, they use a nickname or a changed version of their real name.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
They locked me out a couple years ago. I was using the name RogerThat Nine-Nine. I changed it to RogerThat Jones (They wouldn't let me use Roger That). Now they are asking for proof of Identity. :finger

Using your name in the beginning was no big deal, but know with people searching Social Media in professional situations, it doesn't make sense for most people. Many people I know, don't use their actual name, they use a nickname or a changed version of their real name.

My page is pretty basic when locked down. When the page is viewed as a guest, not much shows up.

For the most part, just friends and family are "friends"

Brian

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
My page is pretty basic when locked down. When the page is viewed as a guest, not much shows up.

For the most part, just friends and family are "friends"

Brian
The problem is that very few people would know me by my name, as I really only go by that in my professional life.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Fuck that site. I deleted my account about 4 years ago and it was one of the best internet things o ever did. I have RDP and Instagram and that's it. Even on IG I really don't post much at all.there are a LOT less keyboard cowboys on IG though and a lot less drama and bullshit. I truly feel my life is better without it.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
This is actually a pretty simple fix.....Have your name legally changed to RogerThat Jones. Problem solved.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
What about Rogerthat......your name?
I have another account in my birth name. I literally get on it once or twice a year....and never post anything. I blogged on on my birthday this year and realized I hadn't been on since my birthday the previous year. The last post was saying thank you for the birthday wishes.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Why not prove identity with your professional biz info??
Sure glad I never assimilated.[emoji4]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RT, in the very close future you will be able to upload photos to rdp just like fb... one touch multiple uploads etc. Test site is already up and functioning. We are going to go live early and build the rest of the site on the fly because I'm getting tired of waiting.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
I have Twitter because posts are limited to 140 characters, and I don't have to worry about someone's fish, watering their corn or getting poked. [emoji3]
Had FB a long time ago and didn't like it.

To my knowledge you can use any handle you want on Twitter, doesn't have to be your name.

4Waters

Reaction score
RT, in the very close future you will be able to upload photos to rdp just like fb... one touch multiple uploads etc. Test site is already up and functioning. We are going to go live early and build the rest of the site on the fly because I'm getting tired of waiting.

Is it going to be like FB where if you comment on a post you will be alerted every time someone else comments on that post, if so that will suck that is the main reason I dropped FB. The picture download will be nice.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Is it going to be like FB where if you comment on a post you will be alerted every time someone else comments on that post, if so that will suck that is the main reason I dropped FB. The picture download will be nice.

you can easily opt out of the notifications in the post directly, or in the settings.

I hope the "ignore/block" function will be as badass as the one on facebook. :) Poof, gone.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
FU Facebook!!

They locked me out of my FB account until I change my name, AND, submit proof of my identity. They can EAT SHIT. Everyone knows me as RogerThat. They do this under the guise of "Safety", so people can't cyberbully. The real reason is that they want your data to sell as part of their revenue model. Nobody wants to buy info on a Nickname.

FU Facebook!!

FU Mark ZuckerLoser!!

RD SUX!!

I May Not Be Back!!

Seriously though, I don't know if I will be able to get back into my account. I am not submitting any paperwork to them.

My hatred for Mark Zuckerberg cannot be measured in earthly units. He is nothing but a thief and a not very imaginative one at that.

Let go of facebook and let it die, and Zuckerberg with it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
My hatred for Mark Zuckerberg cannot be measured in earthly units. He is nothing but a thief and a not very imaginative one at that.

Let go of facebook and let it die, and Zuckerberg with it.
I agree completely. I pretty much don't care about posting on there. I like be able to see where people are headed on the water in NorCal to meet up.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Day 3 without FB. It doesn't look like I will get back. ZuckerLoser can suck it. :)

renodaytona

Reaction score
I seem to use FB less and less as of late. I don't use Instagram that much either.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
My friend has a facebook account for a stuffed monkey named Monkey Boo.
He posts pic of the monkey wherever he goes.

I wonder if he will have to prove identity lol

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
My friend has a facebook account for a stuffed monkey named Monkey Boo.
He posts pic of the monkey wherever he goes.

I wonder if he will have to prove identity lol

Mopar had one as well. :)

SuperDave013

Reaction score
I know many people that went through this. Either change it to a name that's on your ID or it stays locked. Always make yourself friends with your other page so at least you can get to the content to save or share it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I know many people that went through this. Either change it to a name that's on your ID or it stays locked. Always make yourself friends with your other page so at least you can get to the content to save or share it.
Now you tell me. LOL. I guess FB is a part of my past. Like I said, I mostly used it to show pictures and communicate with people about boating events.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
FU Facebook!!

FU Facebook!!

FU Mark ZuckerLoser!!

RD SUX!!

I May Not Be Back!!

View attachment 581659

just create a new account :)

GRADS

Reaction score
Why not start using your other account?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Fuck that site. I deleted my account about 4 years ago and it was one of the best internet things o ever did. I have RDP and Instagram and that's it. Even on IG I really don't post much at all.there are a LOT less keyboard cowboys on IG though and a lot less drama and bullshit. I truly feel my life is better without it.
Problem is, you can't delete it. You can only make it inactive.

HitIt

Reaction score
Of course they locked it. Remember, "you" are their product that they offer for sale to others. "you" are more valuable if your real identity is associated with your account.

Nothing is free.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Problem is, you can't delete it. You can only make it inactive.
I am fairly certain mine is totally deleted. It was deactivated when I did it originally but somehow someone opened it it back up and all. So this time I told me Fiance to completely delete it and she said she did. She asked me about 4 tines if I was sure cause it kept reminding her the change is reeversable.

HitIt

Reaction score
I am fairly certain mine is totally deleted.

Your ability to view and edit your account way have been removed but Facebook doesnt ever delete anything, ever. Why would they? Hell, they even have phantom accounts and profiles for people that have never joined.

The internet never forgets.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Your ability to view and edit your account way have been removed but Facebook doesnt ever delete anything, ever. Why would they? Hell, they even have phantom accounts and profiles for people that have never joined.

The internet never forgets.
Yes, you're right. I meant it is deleted in the regard that I can't login with my email and "reactivate" my account with all the same data etc...

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I got back on with an old RgerThat account I had.

Somebody already turned me in. 2 days. Who the F turns somebody in? Loser!

Now I know what GRADS feels like. Trying to figure out the next account name. [emoji16][emoji16]

GRADS

Reaction score

Now I know what GRADS feels like. Trying to figure out the next account name. [emoji16][emoji16]

Do you need to borrow my screen name generator for a while?

Thank God RiverDave is no Mark Zuckerberg. :D

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Just use First: Roger Last: That (or Thaat to be more believeable, but you might need a turban )

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Just use First: Roger Last: That (or Thaat to be more believeable, but you might need a turban )
I tried that before and they wanted me to submit ID. They had challenged my name (it wasn't a new account). I may set up a new account with that name.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Yore current account is flagged for extra scrutiny at this point ...their algorithm might even pickup a new account you try to create.

C-2

Reaction score
A few things I've discovered about FB...

There are three identifiers - your user number, i.e. 401243223434, your username that is found in the URL, facebook.com/username.56, and then your screen name "User Name" that appears on your profile. You can change your USERNAME only twice, and that's it. Your screen name can be changed without restriction.

If they ask for your id, you can redact all the numbers except your name, dob and picture. They can live without your address or CDL number. Or, you can use a copy of your redacted birth certificate if you don't want to use your picture, which seems silly since they have access to all your pics anyways. Honestly, I'm sure there are plenty of other resources that have your name and dob anyways, and it can readily be found online. Search MyLife or That'sthem, Pipl, Zabasearch etc. Those are also sites you should opt out of. :thumbup:

I'm not sure how FB recognizes users. They understand there are multiple persons in a home who share the same computer, but have different accounts. So, tracking accounts via an IP address or even a browser "fingerprint" would not work. More likely, they track the accounts thru a cookie. To get away from the cookie that is persistent, and identifies you as the same person who once held that Facebook account, you could try CCleaner (free edition) to clear your cookies before you try signing up for a new account.

And no, using a VPN will not work because they identify you by the cookie, or by the uniqueness of your browser (a browser fingerprint). So they recognize you as the same old you, but coming from a different IP address.

You can also download a "backup" of your account, which is the whole enchilada since you created the account. All your posted pictires and other data. So maybe get back in and then download your data, clean your browser with CCleaner, and then sign up for a new account.

:)

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I got back on FB with a new account Roger Thaat (Thanks DaytonaBabe for the idea). I am not sending out friend requests because I think what happened last time was someone marked it as Spam not realizing it was really me. Send me a friend request. If you do get one from Roger Thaat, it is me.