WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

***FUC DA POLICE!!!!***

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
While I enojoy the out of the box thinking the courts have already ruled against this so it is a none starter.( i.e.

But carry on

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
You barely touched on the deeper issue earlier Steve with protecting the cops....stiffer penalties carried out down the line.
Judges, Lawyers and so on have to buy into that whole idea and I believe therein lies the problem.
It is way too easy to get criminals freed or not even prosecuted for actual crimes. Slap of the wrist and back out doing more crime in a few days. The punishments do not reflect the crimes.
Does it mean we need more jails? Maybe for a while but I'd bet after 10-20 years the criminals will think twice if they won't be seeing daylight for long periods.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
people are always cry'n about their right to free speech,... and forgetting the right to remain Sie lent

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You barely touched on the deeper issue earlier Steve with protecting the cops....stiffer penalties carried out down the line.
Judges, Lawyers and so on have to buy into that whole idea and I believe therein lies the problem.
It is way too easy to get criminals freed or not even prosecuted for actual crimes. Slap of the wrist and back out doing more crime in a few days. The punishments do not reflect the crimes.
Does it mean we need more jails? Maybe for a while but I'd bet after 10-20 years the criminals will think twice if they won't be seeing daylight for long periods.
no doubt the system needs repair... but at the same time doesn't seem to affect me most of the time..I don't want to go to jail.. but it's hard to keep a guy in line that wants to go there...

jailbird141

Reaction score
@ 2FORCEFULL - Have you ever fought a "crackhead" that is strung out? Or even someone with more than adrenaline on board? The strength and lack of feeling pain is incredible and until you have fought someone like that, it is very difficult to understand or even comprehend from reading about. I am in no way justifying police beating someone for no reason. But I can tell you, there are very good reasons why more than one officer respond to calls where someone is going crazy, attacking people and breaking stuff. Again, I am not saying its ok to beat someone. I can tell you first hand, people have been pepper sprayed, laughed about it and asked for more, been shot with a tazer and looked down, pulled the probes out and acted like it never happened and been hit with a perfect baton strike that broke the elbow and kept fighting. Sometimes, the only way to control a person is to swarm them and use numbers and body weight to control him and get him handcuffed and under control. Again, not justifying unlawful uses of force, just trying to make the point that sometimes what you see on a video, doesn't tell the whole story of what is going on and why police are responding the way the are. Tranquilizer darts are just a silly idea. The amount of "tranquilizer" directly relates to the size of the person or animal your are trying to subdue. You gonna ask the person how much they weigh so you can administer the correct dosage while he is going crazy?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
While I enojoy the out of the box thinking the courts have already ruled against this so it is a none starter.( i.e.

But carry on
courts are just people, it's always one group against the other.... then there's the mob... that's where meek and weak get to join in...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
@ 2FORCEFULL - Have you ever fought a "crackhead" that is strung out? Or even someone with more than adrenaline on board? The strength and lack of feeling pain is incredible and until you have fought someone like that, it is very difficult to understand or even comprehend from reading about. I am in no way justifying police beating someone for no reason. But I can tell you, there are very good reasons why more than one officer respond to calls where someone is going crazy, attacking people and breaking stuff. Again, I am not saying its ok to beat someone. I can tell you first hand, people have been pepper sprayed, laughed about it and asked for more, been shot with a tazer and looked down, pulled the probes out and acted like it never happened and been hit with a perfect baton strike that broke the elbow and kept fighting. Sometimes, the only way to control a person is to swarm them and use numbers and body weight to control him and get him handcuffed and under control. Again, not justifying unlawful uses of force, just trying to make the point that sometimes what you see on a video, doesn't tell the whole story of what is going on and why police are responding the way the are. Tranquilizer darts are just a silly idea. The amount of "tranquilizer" directly relates to the size of the person or animal your are trying to subdue. You gonna ask the person how much they weigh so you can administer the correct dosage while he is going crazy?
exzact my point... what good is beating someone that can feel no pain...

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
if these protesters get there way, cops will have to put people on a time out before the can touch them

"Pull over, you're on a time out! I want you to sit here and think about what you just did"

The world has lost its mind

Cdog

Reaction score
Everyone needs to be held to the same amount of accountability. No matter color, perceived privilege and or status. The political class created this problem as it is today and they are the ones who should be hanging from ropes.

Systemic racism ends the day we are no longer black, white, hispanic, asian and are now men & women. No special status , no affirmative action, no black caucuses, no more special interests playing white knight to pretend to be the savior to those who say they cant do for themselves. You're either an able and willing participant in society or you need to be institutionalized.

There will always be bad apples. Deal with them as individuals. It's that simple. This applies to LE as well as the common criminal as well as a business man/woman.

Notalent posted this on FB this morning and it's spot on.

707dog

Reaction score
iv always been taught if you dont act like a pile of shit the flies(law) wont be attracted to you... also learned young to complie with LEO guilty or not just makes the process easier getting cracked with a baton fucking hurts.

spectra75

Senior Lurker
Reaction score
Too much sympathy is what I took from that post fuck criminals period just my opinion. I work hard for what I have and if someone resists a cop take him down period less chance for scumbag to steal my Shit.
I'm sick of people saying its not his or hers fault or environment bullshit it's a simple choice right or wrong!!!
Family member brought up in upper middle class household turned to drugs, alcohol etc ending up getting convicted of elder abuse a choice she made. I grew up in same house I made a different choice the right path like I said a choice bottom line!

Maybe I took your post wrong just sick of all the cop bashing walk a day in their shoes not necessarily you but the rest of the snowflake liberals!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
FACTS:

This data comes from accurate & factual LAPD data. Please feel free to share. I am copying from a friend:

As the national debate continues to focus on police use of force or more specifically the use of excessive force. I thought I would share with you some critically important data.

I could not be more proud of the men and women of the Los Angeles Police Department.

2019 Los Angeles Police Department:

LAPD diversity:

• Hispanic 49.15 %
• White 30.40 %
• Black 9.5 %
• Asian 7.75 %
• Filipino 2.46 %
• Indian 2.46 %
• Other 0.33 %

Use of Force:

• 1,692,351 public contacts.
• 82,288 arrests (5% of public contacts)
• 2,373 uses of force (0.14 % of public contacts).

Officer involved shootings (OIS):

• 26 OIS (0.001 % of total public contacts).
• 26 OIS, 21 of suspects were hit by gun fire.

Actions of the suspect at the time of the OIS:

• 5 of the suspects fired his weapon at the officer.
• 9 of the suspects were armed with a gun.
• 6 of the suspect were armed with a knife.
• 1 off duty perception shooting- no gun found.
• Most if not all of these inicidents are captured on body worn video or the officers in car video.
• The law mandates the Department releases categorical use of force videos. The Dept. creates critical incident video’s and post them on YouTube to ensure transparency.

Race of the suspect:

• 15 Hispanic suspects shot.
• 8 Black suspects shot.
• 2 White suspects shot.
• 1 Other suspect shot.

Race of the officer who shot:

• Hispanic 14
• White 7
• Black 2
• Asian 1
• Filipino 1
• Other 1

Population of Los Angeles

• 49 % Hispanic
• 9 % Black
• 28 % White
• 14 % Other

Violent crime suspects (29,963 violent crimes were reported in 2019).

• 39 % Hispanic
• 44 % Black
• 8 % White
• 2 % Other
• 7 % unk

Homicide suspects:

• 34 % Hispanic
• 34 % Black
• 6 % White
• 1 % Other
• 26 % unk

Respectful honest dialogue is critical for everyone. Please stay informed.

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
IMO, these people have made the choice and committed a crime that causes LEO to have to interact with them in the first place. Sometime excessive, ya, but like others have said, walk in their shoes. I personally could not imagine having your mother, wife, daughter being assaulted and you stand back and say "tranquilize that son of a bitch". I dont think so.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
no doubt the system needs repair... but at the same time doesn't seem to affect me most of the time..I don't want to go to jail.. but it's hard to keep a guy in line that wants to go there...
Let 'em go there then.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Everyone needs to be held to the same amount of accountability. No matter color, perceived privilege and or status. The political class created this problem as it is today and they are the ones who should be hanging from ropes.

Systemic racism ends the day we are no longer black, white, hispanic, asian and are now men & women. No special status , no affirmative action, no black caucuses, no more special interests playing white knight to pretend to be the savior to those who say they cant do for themselves. You're either an able and willing participant in society or you need to be institutionalized.

There will always be bad apples. Deal with them as individuals. It's that simple. This applies to LE as well as the common criminal as well as a business man/woman.

Notalent posted this on FB this morning and it's spot on.

X2.....

spectra75

Senior Lurker
Reaction score
There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards, our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us, the work we’re to afraid, to unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, cars and houses, out of our face. We want them to, “take care of the problem.” We just don’t want to see how it’s done. Charles H. Webb, PH.D., CSU, Long Beach.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
IMO, these people have made the choice and committed a crime that causes LEO to have to interact with them in the first place. Sometime excessive, ya, but like others have said, walk in their shoes. I personally could not imagine having your mother, wife, daughter being assaulted and you stand back and say "tranquilize that son of a bitch". I dont think so.
that's a lot different than driving with a tail light out...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
There is no nice way to arrest a potentially dangerous, combative suspect. The police are our bodyguards, our hired fists, batons and guns. We pay them to do the dirty work of protecting us, the work we’re to afraid, to unskilled or too civilized to do ourselves. We expect them to keep the bad guys out of our businesses, cars and houses, out of our face. We want them to, “take care of the problem.” We just don’t want to see how it’s done. Charles H. Webb, PH.D., CSU, Long Beach.
well then, do what they have to do to stop them form stealing all the sneakers...

Magic Mike

Reaction score
Law enforcement has a near thankless, no win job to do...
It makes some of them crazy, some are a bit crazy to begin with.
They are just people like everyone else, the vast majority want to do a good job, be fair with everyone and go home safely.

I am thankful for them and believe that we really need them.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
as the hole gets deeper, I keep digging hoping some one reads the first line of the first post...come get me mob.....lol

Universal Elements

Reaction score
wouldn't it be easier to net sedate, rope, you can get a lion in a cage, but not a criminal??? the whole idea of I'm gonna hit him isn't working as it shouldn't.. hitting someone only makes them wanna hit back..put a net on them and let them tire out..

Make sure you have these Items handy next time someone you’re caught in a situation. Let us know how it works out for you.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
you know that I spent 30 yrs of my life at 21st and Fremont , and grew up at eastern and Washington in las vegas… right??? the name crackhead, was the name tweakers got when they got caught stealing...

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Half of you guys in here are absolutely out of your mind. Policing sometimes takes force. Shit bags want to hurt cops. Shit bags fight back. Don’t break the law, don’t resist, don’t run your mouth. People think they can do whatever and shouldn’t have consequences!?
This all makes me sick to my stomach
It’s comical the amount of people who sit here on forums and think they have it all figured out

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Make sure you have these Items handy next time someone you’re caught in a situation. Let us know how it works out for you.

yeah, but I tell you this,... didn't need no cops,..talk shit get hit...what that has to do with anything , I don't know...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Half of you guys in here are absolutely out of your mind. Policing sometimes takes force. Shit bags want to hurt cops. Shit bags fight back. Don’t break the law, don’t resist, don’t run your mouth. People think they can do whatever and shouldn’t have consequences!?
This all makes me sick to my stomach
It’s comical the amount of people who sit here on forums and think they have it all figured out
I think it's more like 3/4th's but I agree..if I was a cop,... you would not be able to tell anyone but god what happen when you put your D&A on me...

one of the biggest problems for police is the area....low income won't give up anyone to the police..but they'll rat out someone to drug dealers....

middle and upper income will rat out their brother...ah,.. he's in the back yard... could you please take off your shoes,.. or better yet use the side gate..

jailbird141

Reaction score
you know that I spent 30 yrs of my life at 21st and Fremont , and grew up at eastern and Washington in las vegas… right??? the name crackhead, was the name tweakers got when they got caught stealing...

I do not know you anymore than you know me, nor have I ever met you. That is why I responded to what you posted and did not attack you or your character. I apologize if you misinterpreted what I posted as me questioning your knowledge of street slang or control techniques employed by law enforcement. I merely asked the "crackhead" question because, in my opinion, if you had ever fought with a "crackhead" to take him into custody, you would have a better understanding of why law enforcement does what they do and why your tranquilizer idea is not practical and "swarming" is effective. And, just so you are current on your street slang terminology, a "crackhead" is now the name used to refer to someone who is addicted to crack. Not so much a tweaker who got caught stealing.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
yeah, but I tell you this,... didn't need no cops,..talk shit get hit...what that has to do with anything , I don't know...

Didn’t you just give us all that no human being should put their hands on another Human speech? Lead by example. You should have diffused the situation. You know, just what you expect the cops to do when they are confronted in violent cases.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Didn’t you just give us all that no human being should put their hands on another Human speech? Lead by example. You should have diffused the situation. You know, just what you expect the cops to do when they are confronted in violent cases.
and that is what I did...where did I say or do different???

ssc

Reaction score
WTF!! Steve you are all over the place. Sometimes your posts are entertaining and or educational. Other times, I am thinking you should put down the bottle and step away from the bar.

Cheers, Steve

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I was with you for a minute there Steve, but then you lost your mind...

I do get what you're trying to say though, something does have to change. But the issues are deeper than what we see in a video someone shot, where you don't see or know the whole story.

Change is coming me thinks. Time will tell how this is going to play out.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Pretty bold statement.....but... I think we will be fuc'd without them...I'm gonna say this,... either we start protecting our law enforcement...or we'll have no one to protect us...amagine some one having to stand guard 24-7 at your own home....police get in the way of criminals … police don't bother me at all...
post #1^^^^^^^^ah.... here what I said...I don't have a problem with cops.^^^^^.... I work on their cars, I don't ride in them

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
WTF!! Steve you are all over the place. Sometimes your posts are entertaining and or educational. Other times, I am thinking you should put down the bottle and step away from the bar.

Cheers, Steve
what part don't you understand???maybe you didn't start with post #1...so start over....LOL.... make it a great day..

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
All interesting comments in all threads.Fact is the far phucked up left has had the podium,especially these past 2weeks.
November 3,2020 will be here soon enough.
DC72807C-FDD5-41FA-A71B-F809C6CD7447.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
what I'm say'n is this.... we don't need change where I live...but police are like porn stars...better keep their ass wiped clean...

what I'm talking about is in the troubled areas.... make a no torrerance zone...make judges that punish ,not keep setting them free,...take away all the freedom in prison... make them work..bring back hard time... and no more prison gangs..

franky

Reaction score
Sheriff Joe Jails, cheep and fast to put up (in the desert) and run the way a jail should be run, not an easy life.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sheriff Joe Jails, cheep and fast to put up (in the desert) and run the way a jail should be run, not an easy life.
That thought crossed my mind but first the criminals that deserve to be there need to get put there. The system is full of loop holes and forgiveness...case in point is the dude in California that was arrested and released 3 times in one day for real crimes. I'm fine paying taxes, which we all do til we die anyhow, to keep things running.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Over the weekend the Critics went Crazy with President Trump's statement that he is dedicated to take "The Streets Back" no matter what it takes. With or Without the Local Police Dept. assistance.

This President is Not a Talker,That is what he Ran On and has kept his word. The pussy talking days are behind us now, with him in Office.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Over the weekend the Critics went Crazy with President Trump's statement that he is dedicated to take "The Streets Back" no matter what it takes. With or Without the Local Police Dept. assistance.

This President is Not a Talker,That is what he Ran On and has kept his word. The pussy talking days are behind us now, with him in Office.
well anyways, I don't have the answers,... and like I said in the first post...we're gonna be screwed with out the police.... and also arn't times like these when we need more police???the one that don't want police are the ones we need them for......

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
sorry,... I forgot to add,... you have to be smart enough to think what to do first, and what to do next..and as far as your personal attack.... thank you...

That wasn't a personal attack... I would have darted you or used my spider man net if it was...

Im just not really understanding the practicality of your message is all. You stated that we'd be in a bad place with out the cops but then follow that up with cops don't need to touch anyone . we just need to shoot them ,I somewhat disagree with that , But we can agree to disagree.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Give me a fucking break if your running from a police officer game on and if you resist whatever it takes to get you back home to your family!!
Pull a gun fake or not 15 rounds center mass you keep the piece of Shit from possibly killing someone else or robbing etc!!!!
Now we're talkin'!!!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
How about DONT BREAK THE FUKN LAW and you wont even have deal to with the POLICE!!

Its evident that people are arguing the life of a career criminal, do some research..

I wasnt the most stand up "kid" and had a few run ins with the law. Never got "arrested" and have never had "cuffs" on me.

But it's pretty simple, if you dont want harassed by the cops DONT attract yourself to them! Plain and simple!

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Steve... I LIKE IT. I'll be putting in a request for my tranquilizer rifle today.