WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

FUCK CANCER

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Learned today that a good family friend has a very aggressive bloob/bone cancer. Had been feeling down the last couple of months and loosing weight rapidly. Had an MRI yesterday and the results are not good. From what I know very aggressive bone cancer. He had plans with family in Palm Springs for the weekend and doc told him to go enjoy the family and the its heavy cemo come Tue morning. Really nice guy that has a career with the OCSD, wife and 3 sons.
Lost my share of family members over the years to this ugly desease and wish it on no one.
Fuck me...this is going to be a tough few months, that's for sure.

Just had to vent...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
It's not a death sentence these days, stay positive. Be there for your friend. Hardest words I've heard were "you have cancer". It was nice to be surrounded by friends, family and positive people.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it Dave. The wife has been dealing with it and it SUCKS!!!! Best to your friend in this difficult time.

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
Unless it’s pancreatic it’s not a death sentence stay positive my friend. Pancreatic cancer is my biggest fear in life other than losing my wife or a child.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Do what you can for the family. Even something as simple as a phone call, or having dinner delivered. If your friend is like some, he may be scared to see you...nobody wants their buddies to see them weak. It's a helpless feeling for some.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Multiple myeloma, It's what took My GPa away from me. :(
He made it 10+ years from treatment in the 60's/70's
There is hope.

DLC

Reaction score
Do what you can for the family. Even something as simple as a phone call, or having dinner delivered. If your friend is like some, he may be scared to see you...nobody wants their buddies to see them weak. It's a helpless feeling for some.

That is so true, but at the same time that is when your buddies hold him up. Knowing that your buds have your back and will step in And set up!

It’s a great feeling that someone has your back!

Fuck Cancer! Sorry to hear about your friend, stay positive

GRADS

Reaction score
Make your friend some fresh baked cookies. Sounds stupid but honestly it was the greatest gift I received after the bad news. Not sure I ate many but I remember it to this day.

4Waters

Reaction score
My mother-in-law was diagnosed with multiple myeloma a little over 2 years ago and has been in remission for almost a year now. There is hope, he needs to get over to City of Hope.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Learned today that a good family friend has a very aggressive bloob/bone cancer. Had been feeling down the last couple of months and loosing weight rapidly. Had an MRI yesterday and the results are not good. From what I know very aggressive bone cancer. He had plans with family in Palm Springs for the weekend and doc told him to go enjoy the family and the its heavy cemo come Tue morning. Really nice guy that has a career with the OCSD, wife and 3 sons.
Lost my share of family members over the years to this ugly desease and wish it on no one.

Just had to vent...

Fuck Cancer - that shits a plauge on humanity

Sending positive vibes

Myself and my 75 year old tough as nails mom both fought round 1 with that shit and won.

IF your bud or you ever want to talk PM me - Im there.

Uncle Dave

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Fuck me, just heard he had a stroke late last night or early morning. Waiting on the MRI results. Damn super nice guy, why don't shit like this happen to the loosers on this planet.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Fight it like a MFSOB and never quit, never back down.

sirbob

Reaction score
it sucks... best to your friend.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Sorry man. How old is he?
He's 47 with the most caring, loving wife a man could ask for and three great respectable boys, 18, 15 & 11. Hope to go see him this weekend with all the other stuff planned. Told the wife we can sacrifice one of our plans this weekend to do so as our plans are recreational and they are not that important once one gives things some thought.

wzuber

Reaction score
Make your friend some fresh baked cookies.
while that's a nice, comforting sentiment and would likely be well received cancer actually feeds on sugar so maybe not necessarily the best choice under the circumstances.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
while that's a nice, comforting sentiment and would likely be well received cancer actually feeds on sugar so maybe not necessarily the best choice under the circumstances.
Yes, I remember them explaining the use of sugar in the contrast for body scans. Maybe cookies for the kids, and something else for the parents? Or just be there if they want you, probably the most important thing.

wzuber

Reaction score

Just had to vent...

FUCK cancer for sure...that's horrible news, so very sorry your friend is having to go through this. May his family and friends rally around him to support and strengthen him during this horrible battle. Watching them suffer is the worst. I hope he can beat this. Can he take the Chemo pill to lessen the destructive side effects of chemo?

GRADS

Reaction score
So make them sugar free or make a casserole or something. I think you missed my point that it was more of the gesture and knowing there were people that cared that mattered.

SoCalDave I hope your friend is going to be ok.

CoronaChris

Reaction score
Praying for him, hope he finds a great team of doctors. Long road ahead of him, don't give up hope and keep his thoughts positive. Get him to city of hope if possible, needs to listen to the doctors and find a bone marrow match when healthy enough. Fuck you Cancer.