WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuck Covid 19 that started something real bad for our pit marshal at the track

spectras only

Reaction score
Our friend and fellow racer got it real bad. He's been in the hospital for ten days and been treated with some drugs that makes him crazy. Turns out, he needs a liver transplant now. He's now actually handcuffed to his bed because he wants to leave the hospital getting crazy. He'll be airlifted to Vancouver General from Kelowna General when a organ will be available. He's about 50, perfectly heathy and fit before this crap hit him. He's one of the most liked guy in the staff crew.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sadly, I've seen what "weird" stuff can happen to a normally healthy person when their liver numbers get out of their ranges. I don't even pretend to understand, but I think maybe toxins effecting the brain? A close friend had some issues with it, and it was a bear. They checked for stroke, and did brain scans before they figured out the blood work. It sounds like they at least have the cause of the mental part figured out, even though not solved yet. That's a good sign. Covid, treatments and sometimes things that weren't a medical threat, are mixing to become problems in some people.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's hard to see a friend knocked down physically. To me, it's even harder when an illness effects their mind. I don't know if it's harder on them, but it seems like it is for those around them.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Toxins will definitely make a person go wacko. This happened to my grandpa from a dam urinary track infection. He was great one weekend and the following weekend it was like he had Alzheimer’s. This was a miss diagnosis of a urinary track infection, he was 96 and would have made 100 easily. They cleaned him up but the damage was done and he died the following month.
RIP gramps.☹️

spectras only

Reaction score
Got the bad news about our friend Jerry, he passed away this morning loosing his battle with Covid. 😭

Area 27 staff message to members ; It is with heaviest of hearts to announce the passing of one of our Grid Marshals, Jerry Jaager. As many of you know Jerry had been fighting COVID related complications since April and has sadly lost his battle this morning.

unnamed.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. In motorsports, you may disagree with an official or another competitor. Much like a family though, at the end of the day you'd help anyone do anything.
Race In Paradise :(

spectras only

Reaction score
it will be a solemn weekend for track members at the track. Jerry had a great sense of humor, always happy and friendly to everyone. He'll be greatly missed, never forgotten. I'll never forget his remark when I spun my Viper doing a 360 at turn 12 [ most spin outs there ] and kept going straight afterwards, Jerry said 'show off' haha. He was a master of spinning fishtailing his Camaro at times himself. Was a very good driver.