WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuck Martini Bay and Havasu mayor Cal Shitty

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
But the Mayor could have been whining and dining a potentional developer who wants to put in a new State of the Art Rack Storage System. Sometimes the needs of little people don't matter in these cases. 🤷‍♂️ ;)

Heylam

Reaction score
I do understand what you are saying, however how would you feel if you planned the afterparty and the day before some rich guy came in and bought out the venue?
You put the shoe on the other foot, and the dancing begins.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Being the mayor of Havasu, and 10 bucks, gets you a Big Mac meal at Mc Donald’s with first come first serve seating.

Being the GM of LBR, gets you patio seating for the boat parade and no fucks given to anyone who doesn’t like it. It is what it is. Fuck that parade and Martini Bay. Neither is worth getting upset about missing. 🙄

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
This year's Boat Parade was many steps above those in the past. It's available for viewing the whole thing on YouTube. River Scene Magazine did the video and a couple of locals did a good job with the narration.

ridebig

Reaction score
@RiverDave can you please call Cal and get @ridebig and his gal a nice meal on the deck outside. This will make @Taboma take back the shade he was throwing out to you in the thread. Problem solved - someone post some pictures of boats or where is @Tommy Gun Images with gals posting up on the bow of boat sponsons.
We had a party of 9. Where else would you suggest we go last minute???

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nope, money and pussy.

Correct!
Seems like the OP made reservations well in advance because he knew what was happening and why he wanted to be outside. He got pushed aside and seems like none of the establishment gave a fuck. To me the least they could of done is give a sincere apology and offer to comp part of his meal and couple drinks at a different table. Just sayin. Sorry Dave I don’t like the because you have enough money you win kind sentiment. Whether that is how the world works or not. Basically your saying fuck the small guy. Weren’t you and many a small guy at one point. No fight in this at all. But I’d be pretty pissed off alao like the OP

I think they shoulda comp’d the whole thing!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'd be fine if when I called they told me the patio was closed for a private party, but to take reservations and then tell me when I got there that someone more important bumped you out, I'd be pissed. I would not have stayed for dinner nor ever come back. The mayor/GM is a douche.

Like said previously I doubt he even heard about it.

Come on- don’t be a tease! What’s the story?

And I’m with the OP; that reservation is like a handshake and should have been honored.

I am curious to hear this story about when I met him as well. I am sure he’s gonna spin some yarn about how I was rude or something.. anybody that has ever met me knows I go way out of my way to be accommodating and polite to everyone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave can you please call Cal and get @ridebig and his gal a nice meal on the deck outside. This will make @Taboma take back the shade he was throwing out to you in the thread. Problem solved - someone post some pictures of boats or where is @Tommy Gun Images with gals posting up on the bow of boat sponsons.

If I was the OP I would call LBR and explain the situation. I am sure Cal will make it right. I also think he will probably talk to the staff about it as well.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
See if you can get patio seats to this parade. I’m guessing the biggest wallet wins.
43B158D6-F20B-4A04-9D9A-4C89D020F01B.jpeg

Taboma

Reaction score

I am curious to hear this story about when I met him as well. I am sure he’s gonna spin some yarn about how I was rude or something.. anybody that has ever met me knows I go way out of my way to be accommodating and polite to everyone.

To quote you 😁

" How you pull that out of what I said is beyond me.." RD on RDP 2021

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
GM blew it. He should have told the mayor the "price" for the move was buying the other guys dinner.

If the play that gets you the table is money - then make the ballers use it.

Still doesn't make it right, but at least its an effort.

TCHB

Reaction score
Lucky it was not the Governor, he would taken the entire place and the biggest donors sitting at his table. This is the way it works and has always worked. We were golfing in Scottsdale and starter held us up to put a VIP in front of us and delay our start time. Well Roger Penske and his group fit in when ever he wants. If I did not like it I would not go back. Life is not fair.

Singleton

Reaction score
Plot thickens..

Cal was working that night and not entertaining out on the patio. 🤨😳👀

I just texted him to see what’s what.

so someone else with $$ asked to rent out the patio.

ridebig

Reaction score
Plot thickens..

If this is the case he better have a long talk with his staff. We were told by the hostess the "mayor" has reserved the entire patio.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Being the mayor of Havasu, and 10 bucks, gets you a Big Mac meal at Mc Donald’s with first come first serve seating.

Being the GM of LBR, gets you patio seating for the boat parade and no fucks given to anyone who doesn’t like it. It is what it is. Fuck that parade and Martini Bay. Neither is worth getting upset about missing. 🙄

Paul cheers.jpg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If this is the case he better have a long talk with his staff. We were told by the hostess the "mayor" has reserved the entire patio.

Did you email him?

Because someone did saying basically the same thing as your story (I assumed it was you).

He told me he is looking into it to see what happened.

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
Plot thickens..

Is the mayor ever off? Lol yeah he was working all right, entertaining his next group of donations.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Isn’t that patio huge? I think I did New Year’s Eve there once and it was a big area.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Nope, money and pussy.
I use to frame houses for a living and one time a GC who I had just finished a house for called and asked if I wanted to pick up a check. I said. "Mike there's two things I never turn down and that's money and pussy because you never know when the next time you'll be getting either one".

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Recall there was once a Seinfeld episode about Reservations. You can make a Reservation, they will take your Reservation, but . . when you arrive there is no Reservation. Come on. WTF. That sucks! I don't care who you're dealing with, the friggin' Mayor or the GM of the place. Unfortunately, in this case it was both. And we all know why their outside patio table was preferred and Reserved area by the OP. Then taken over by the GM/Mayor. I say that's BS on the staff and their GM/Mayor. Have to wonder if there was absolutely no compensation offered? But, according to the OP, there was not. Believe I won't be rushing over to the LBR any time soon.

The point that some may have the ability to take over an establishment on any given evening is interesting. Well, kind of, maybe. But, I'm not sure how this, in any way, can make the actions of the LBR acceptable? ? The blame is likely on the staff at LBR. Those rushing in saying they've also taken over places in a similar manner is interesting. But, hardly acceptable or prudent.
It was for a rental car.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Is the mayor ever off? Lol yeah he was working all right, entertaining his next group of donations.

Not so tough he cant GM a restaurant simultaneously.

The mayor of Grass Valley worked for us full time while he did 2 full terms.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The extremely wealthy and also very well known people I've known in my life were never ones to flaunt it or "go to the front of line". But, it appears there can be ass holes in all various levels of fame and wealth.

I don't know Cal, but if he told RD he wasn't involved, then I believe he wasn't. The LBR staff ? ? ? Who knows?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
The extremely wealthy and also very well known people I've known in my life were never ones to flaunt it or "go to the front of line". But, it appears there can be ass holes in all various levels of fame and wealth.

I don't know Cal, but if he told RD he wasn't involved, then I believe he wasn't. The LBR staff ? ? ? Who knows?

"I guess we will find out in the next 4 hours and 52 minutes. There is zero excuse that I would find acceptable for that deposit not being made."

RD

😁

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
"I guess we will find out in the next 4 hours and 52 minutes. There is zero excuse that I would find acceptable for that deposit not being made."

RD

😁

Lol.

You know if Cal or anyone else reads this in the future they aren’t gonna get any of these obscure references.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Do you happen to recall the first and only time you and I met ?

Did you walk away satisfied or feeling like you needed a shower?

Lol.

You know if Cal or anyone else reads this in the future they aren’t gonna get any of these obscure references.

Why would I or anyone else care what these future or imaginary readers think?

Taboma

Reaction score
Did you walk away satisfied or feeling like you needed a shower?

Why would I or anyone else care what these future or imaginary readers think?

More confused I think, perhaps I was expecting to much ? 🤔
But then he doesn't remember me at all, so now I'm wondering, did I just imagine it ? 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, I ended with leaving the boat show with RDP shirts and I'm pretty sure I paid for them. 😁

pinhead

Banned
Reaction score

That wasn't my experience.

Wheeler

Reaction score
More confused I think, perhaps I was expecting to much ? 🤔
But then he doesn't remember me at all, so now I'm wondering, did I just imagine it ? 🤷‍♂️

Regardless, I ended with leaving the boat show with RDP shirts and I'm pretty sure I paid for them. 😁
You also thought he stood 6'
3? 🤣

Wheeler

Reaction score
And winter is still 2 weeks away!:p Holy Moley! :p

For the record, the couple times I met RD he was very nice and not rude.
The first time I logged onto a boating site 'Hot boat' was oct. '04 and the first thread that I came across people were bashing RD. I felt sorry for the guy. :(

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
For a good first impression, Stacey helps out a bunch. Just sayin’. Lol