WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuck Martini Bay and Havasu mayor Cal Shitty

Voodoo GT350

Reaction score
"Leaders serve their people"

I learned this simple principle as a private in the Marine Corps when I would eat before anyone that had a higher rank.

I practice this as a manager who leads close to 350 employees.

Similar to being generous, humbling yourselves to others always rewards you personally!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
We made reservations for an outside patio table at Martini Bay over 2 months ago. We get there Saturday night and we are told told the mayor took the outside tables. It was all I could do to not not go outside and start a situation. Fuck both the London Bridge Resort and mayor shithead. Rant over.
I would be upset too, the moment Martini Bay booked the other party (regardless of who it is) they should have called and told you. At least that would have given you time to make other arrangements. They just don't care and their customer service sucks. I swear man, customer service is everything.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This thread is another reason why the “rise up in the streets” will never happen.

The restaurant ruined yore plans. If you are dissatisfied don’t go there again. The mayor or whoever else didn’t wake up that morning to screw you.

The End.

ridebig

Reaction score
Did you email him?

Because someone did saying basically the same thing as your story (I assumed it was you).

He told me he is looking into it to see what happened.
Not me but that's the reply I would have expected.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
If I was the OP I would call LBR and explain the situation. I am sure Cal will make it right. I also think he will probably talk to the staff about it as well.
I'd write a letter/email to the LBR General Manager directly and let him know after a 5 hr drive to visit and stay in Havasu in this(or another hotel), that the dinner reservation you made for your party of nine 2 months in advance was not honored due to a local resident apparently pulling rank to obtain the reserved table . The staff made no, as in zero, effort to compensate or improvise accomidations for my large party nor did they show any sympathy or remorse for not even notifying me of the change until I arrived with my guests.
I felt I needed to inform you of this indescretion by your staff since I'm sure you want your employees treating and informing customers properly going forward.
😊

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Glad to hear that it wasn't the Mayor . . . that would've sucked . . . but, if an employee is using 'the mayor booked it' as an excuse the night-of, that's wrong & a lie, and should be addressed.
When the 'bigger name' bumped the pre-existing reservations . . . the manager should've immediately made the calls . . . never a fun call to make and say, "Sorry, but you've been bumped" etc . I'd venture that it may have been a regular employee who took the heavy hitters reservation, they either didn't want to make those calls, or didn't even think twice about it.
I know some high-end food joints that keep a couple tables 'floating' in case a big-wig shows up last minute, too bad that wasn't the case here.
If they in fact booted EVERYONE off the patio . . . well that's just plain shitty considering it was a 'Special event night' of sorts.
To put blame on the party for throwing weight/ money around . . . it comes with the territory I guess. I've never understood the 'High-Horse MO'.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Glad to hear that it wasn't the Mayor . . . that would've sucked . . . but, if an employee is using 'the mayor booked it' as an excuse the night-of, that's wrong & a lie, and should be addressed.
When the 'bigger name' bumped the pre-existing reservations . . . the manager should've immediately made the calls . . . never a fun call to make and say, "Sorry, but you've been bumped" etc . I'd venture that it may have been a regular employee who took the heavy hitters reservation, they either didn't want to make those calls, or didn't even think twice about it.
I know some high-end food joints that keep a couple tables 'floating' in case a big-wig shows up last minute, too bad that wasn't the case here.
If they in fact booted EVERYONE off the patio . . . well that's just plain shitty considering it was a 'Special event night' of sorts.
To put blame on the party for throwing weight/ money around . . . it comes with the territory I guess. I've never understood the 'High-Horse MO'.

Someone is gonna get fired for it I’m sure.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'd write a letter/email to the LBR General Manager directly and let him know after a 5 hr drive to visit and stay in Havasu in this(or another hotel), that the dinner reservation you made for your party of nine 2 months in advance was not honored due to a local resident apparently pulling rank to obtain the reserved table . The staff made no, as in zero, effort to compensate or improvise accomidations for my large party nor did they show any sympathy or remorse for not even notifying me of the change until I arrived with my guests.
I felt I needed to inform you of this indescretion by your staff since I'm sure you want your employees treating and informing customers properly going forward.
😊

They did get a table for 9 though. Thats some accommodation.

He didnt get what he wanted or what was agreed on, but he wasn't turned away totally which could have happened.

Happened to me at the Foundation room in Vegas - just told me to pack sand and I was there with the guys from NBC with 5 other card carrying members.

ridebig

Reaction score

He didnt get what he wanted or what was agreed on, but he wasn't turned away totally which could have happened.

Happened to me at the Foundation room in Vegas - just told me to pack sand and I was there with the guys from NBC with 5 other card carrying members.
Had we known we were being sat to the back inside of the place we would have made other plans. Sad thing is we checked on the reservation's at least twice after the original one was made. We were told every time all good.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Had we known we were being sat to the back inside of the place we would have made other plans. Sad thing is we checked on the reservation's at least twice after the original one was made. We were told every time all good.

Of course you would have.

You did get a table though - and when you've got a party at 9 at dinnertime if you didnt take it - mealtime would have been 3 hours from then or take out.

It really sucks, but you did get some accommodation.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Form letter😉😁
Editable document😊

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Cal is a good guy, he and his husband came to a party at our house a few years ago. Very unimposing and low key guy, I don’t see him as the type of guy who would pull the “I’m the fucking mayor bitch” card.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cal is a good guy, he and his husband came to a party at our house a few years ago. Very unimposing and low key guy, I don’t see him as the type of guy who would pull the “I’m the fucking mayor bitch” card.

He was working that night and not on the patio. Some Staffer lied to the OP

Taboma

Reaction score

He and his husband ? Of Havasu ? :oops: Has Havasu turned Blue ?

Taboma

Reaction score
Most people don’t know about it. What his biz is his biz as far as I’m concerned.

that being said I suspect if that got out widespread he probably wouldn’t be re elected. This is a pretty old school town.

I don't care, just not what I'd have guessed would be widely accepted in Havasu, with a the generally older RED voters.
I thought it might be an oops or inside joke on the poster's part.
Been there 26 years, but we get no vote like many I suspect, so other than Bob Whelan, I've never paid any attention.

Any stats on just how many property or home owners in LHC aren't voting residents ? 25-30% maybe ?

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
He and his husband ? Of Havasu ? :oops: Has Havasu turned Blue ?
Most people don’t know about it. What his biz is his biz as far as I’m concerned.

that being said I suspect if that got out widespread he probably wouldn’t be re elected. This is a pretty old school town.
We’ll, now that that’s “out” I’m absolutely SHOCKED that the service wasn’t “ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS”……🤣🤣🤣🤣

Headless hula

Reaction score
It’s just now hit me in the last few weeks, that the smell out west isn’t the culmination of sage brush, creosote bushes, clean desert air…/

It’s the faint smell of vinegar!

Clearly it’s from all the douches out there. 😜😜

Headless hula

Reaction score
…and here comes the great thread derailment.

Who gives a fuck.
The poor bastard that started the thread was rightfully pissed about getting shit on.

He felt the urge to vent.

He vented, some folks felt like they needed to chime in on whichever side they felt they belonged on, LOF is obviously obliged to weigh in with his opinion that he feels is the only and correct way to look at something, and I showed up to poke some fun at the whole thing.

Seems like a fair summary. 🤷🏻

Wtf do I know? 🤣🤣🤣

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
The poor bastard that started the thread was rightfully pissed about getting shit on.

He vented, some folks felt like they needed to chime in on whichever side they felt they belonged on, LOF is obviously obliged to weigh in with his opinion that he feels is the only and correct way to look at something, and I showed up to poke some fun at the whole thing.

Wtf do I know? 🤣🤣🤣

I was commenting in regards to the husband being mentioned.

Although, as normal this was going sideways any way. Lol

Headless hula

Reaction score
I was commenting in regards to the husband being mentioned.

Although, as normal this was going sideways any way. Lol
Go get yoooooor popcorn ready. I’ll wait. 🤣🤣🤣

I blocked Dave. I don’t care what he texts me. 😜

Taboma

Reaction score

Wtf do I know? 🤣🤣🤣
Most likely more than me, or so I've been advised 🤣

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
I agree that the restaurant needs better training of the staff.
In the old days we would show common courtesy professionally and personally to everyone, for some reason in the last few years common courtesy went out of style.
One of the greatest gifts we can give another is kindness and a helping hand.
If you want to know how others treat you, the best starting place is to look at how you treat others personally & professionally.

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Wtf do I know? 🤣🤣🤣

Trouble maker! :D😆🙃

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Go get yoooooor popcorn ready. I’ll wait. 🤣🤣🤣

I blocked Dave. I don’t care what he texts me.

Last time I talked to you was six - eight months ago when you called to apologize for shit I’m not even gonna get into online other than to say it was bewildering to say the least. I never said anything about it on here or anyone else for that matter.. than you go popping off in the key west thread and I sent ya a text saying wtf.. and now this?

I can’t keep up. If your purpose it come on here and talk shit to a guy that has done nothing but try and help ya and be a decent friend.. it’s gonna be short lived. I got enough headaches in life to where I don’t need anymore.

If there was some kinda or any kinda justification or reasoning for it I’d listen to it.. but this is crazy town.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Wtf do I know? 🤣🤣🤣

What I'm hearing is that you getting drunk and going on a typing tirade of anger and jealousy will complete the journey that is this thread.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
All I know is I won't go out to dinner with ridebig after all this monkey motion
IF he ever invites me:p
But we took Mrs ridebig out for happy hour and had a great time!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On a side note I am really curious if @ridebig sent the email To LBR or if it was another party..

I am curious to know what the resolution to this is, and how it was handled. PM if you don’t want to post the result.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
On a side note I am really curious if @ridebig sent the email To LBR or if it was another party..

I am curious to know what the resolution to this is, and how it was handled. PM if you don’t want to post the result.

He said in a previous post that it was not him that sent the email, so apparently it was more then just him that got fukt!

hallett21

Reaction score
I got a feeling that martini bay takes reservations based upon party size. There might be note that says “outside preferred”. Too easy to shift someone inside when a large party books the patio. Not saying it’s right but just the way the world works.

I think in the next 5-10 years havasu could see premiere restaurants that operate on the higher level of customer service.

Buying out the patio probably took $1,000 and a big guaranteed bar tab.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I got a feeling that martini bay takes reservations based upon party size. There might be note that says “outside preferred”. Too easy to shift someone inside when a large party books the patio. Not saying it’s right but just the way the world works.

I think in the next 5-10 years havasu could see premiere restaurants that operate on the higher level of customer service.

Buying out the patio probably took $1,000 and a big guaranteed bar tab.

Or just being friends with someone who's probably now filling out an application at taco bell.

I'd have to guess, in a small town environment, it's going to be tough finding a job, after you pisses off the mayor of said town.

hallett21

Reaction score
Or just being friends with someone who's probably now filling out an application at taco bell.

I'd have to guess, in a small town environment, it's going to be tough finding a job, after you pisses off the mayor of said town.
You’re probably right. I know our “special spots” at home and frankly money will buy your way into anything. Might not be right but the way it is.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I think @SJP is right. How long till summer again?

F81ADE5D-AC88-4280-B883-6AB8DCE4176E.jpeg