WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Fuck Martini Bay and Havasu mayor Cal Shitty

ridebig

Reaction score
We made reservations for an outside patio table at Martini Bay over 2 months ago. We get there Saturday night and we are told told the mayor took the outside tables. It was all I could do to not not go outside and start a situation. Fuck both the London Bridge Resort and mayor shithead. Rant over.

Singleton

Reaction score
We made reservations for an outside patio table at Martini Bay over 2 months ago. We get there Saturday night and we are told told the mayor took the outside tables. It was all I could do to not not go outside and start a situation. Fuck both the London Bridge Resort and mayor shithead. Rant over.

Mayor is also the GM for the LB resort.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
You didn't miss much. Doesn't excuse it though...one of the bartenders there is a real shitbag though and we don't go there over it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You should have told offered to go flip the bar stools over so the mayor's party can all fit out there better. Lol!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Mayor or not! That’s pretty fuck’n chicken shit!

Everyone will say shit like that, but on the flip side have zero problem when I do it to people for an rdp party. Lol.

Do you guys think Legendz was magically closed those nights? Or other places?

I do it all the time, and I’m quite sure people have been upset about it for one reason or another.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
This guy? I always thought he was the mayor of the Parkabilly Kingdom not the Mayor of Havasu.

Attachments

• c12lt08C_400x400.jpeg
    c12lt08C_400x400.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 52

DLC

Reaction score
I would of liked to see what the mayor Had going on at your table!

they should of called you to make other arrangements !

why don’t you call the GM and make a complaint with him! Tell him the mayor is a DB!!

maybe he will comp a room for ya!! Let him know you had people fly in

River Runnin

Reaction score
Everyone will say shit like that, but on the flip side have zero problem when I do it to people for an rdp party. Lol.

I do it all the time, and I’m quite sure people have been upset about it for one reason or another.
But with all due! If he’s the GM, he knew he was taking a RESERVED spot! —- 2 months in advance! — still chicken shit! :)
‘Like most peasants! I’d be pissed too! ;-)

ridebig

Reaction score
My steak sucked as well. Missed the first round of the boat parade but thankfully we went down and saw the boats return through the channel. And like Dave said the restaurant should have called and said change of plans. We would have gone elsewhere.

DLC

Reaction score

Does Legendz take ressie’s a month in advance….

if they do, you ( RD ) would just invite the people group in to your party and Party On Garth!!

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Did this become a call out thread? RD will become mayor or city manager within 10 years. Lol.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I honestly am not a fan of calling out the mayor on this.. granted he manages the resort so I understand why..

I probably would deal with the restaurant and call the resort and ask to talk to cal and see what he’s willing to do to make it right.

Heylam

Reaction score

No bad on you if they accommodated you, but bad on them if they did so after reserving the spot for someone else. I hope that wasn’t the case.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No bad on you if they accommodated you, but bad on them if they did so after reserving the spot for someone else. I hope that wasn’t the case.

I dunno.. I never asked. I suspect that’s the case here as well. Cal runs the place and probably told the staff “I want it for this night”. The staff working for the resort probably Just did it without saying anything.

Not an excuse.. but I seriously doubt cal is even aware of the situation.

If I was the op I would reach out to him first before blasting the guy.

Taboma

Reaction score

Careful, your humble charade is starting to crack and the " Yes, as a matter of fact I am F*cking Awesome" is starting to ooze out. LOL ;)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I would of liked to see what the mayor Had going on at your table!

they should of called you to make other arrangements !

why don’t you call the GM and make a complaint with him! Tell him the mayor is a DB!!

maybe he will comp a room for ya!! Let him know you had people fly in

Sounds like Thomás got a second job in Havasu.

Reactions: DLC

TCHB

Reaction score
This is normal. Power and money get the seat. Who said life is fair. Yes they should have called you.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Careful, your humble charade is starting to crack and the " Yes, as a matter of fact I am F*cking Awesome" is starting to ooze out. LOL ;)

How you pull that out of what I said is beyond me.. I was pointing out that people don’t complain when it’s in their interests..

We have done all sorts of things for the rdp parties that would have some people coming completely unglued.. including towing cars, putting off other events, changing schedules of existing events etc

Taboma

Reaction score
How you pull that out of what I said is beyond me.. I was pointing out that people don’t complain when it’s in their interests..

We have done all sorts of things for the rdp parties that would have some people coming completely unglued.. including towing cars, putting off other events, changing schedules of existing events etc

Ahhh now come on, my response was completely reasonable based on what could be easily construed as boasting about establishments clearing the deck for you and your group.

I agree that people don't complain when these types of things are in their best interest, but the examples you used were about what those establishments did for YOU, River "RDP" Dave.

It's OK, I LOLed after all, geeze since when do you run under the radar, ahhhh, never man. 👍

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

They didn't complain because they didn't know. If you'd disclosed that fact you'd still get some funky looks/comments but as you said mostly high fives.
Stepping on others' toes is commonplace in the corporate(and political) world. On a more personal level it causes divide.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

You mean members here would come completely unglued if it was done to them, But are happy to come to the event and drink free beer at the expense of another.

Perspective :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They didn't complain because they didn't know. If you'd disclosed that fact you'd still get some funky looks/comments but as you said mostly high fives.
Stepping on others' toes is commonplace in the corporate(and political) world. On a more personal level it causes divide.

It was obvious to me that every RDP event I've been to was pretty much a hostile take over from the natives. What hospitality business says no to more money for a packed venue?

gqchris

Reaction score
Whens the last time you old farts went to a high end nightclub...aka Vegas?😂 They will pull your reservation at the blink of an eye for someone with more cash. If you are dropping 2k, and have 6 dudes, 1 girl....and a guy walks up with 2 dudes, 6 girls, and 20k for the table, guess what. You lost your table!

Big Fish takes Little Fish. The world isnt fair, and nothing is guaranteed.

The_Id_Like_Can_I_Speak_To_The_Manager_Meme.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
It was obvious to me that every RDP event I've been to was pretty much a hostile take over from the natives. What hospitality business says no to more money for a packed venue?

Oh I see, you've pointed out what I might have misconstrued about River Dave's earlier post.
What I might have mistaken as him taking credit for booting out the natives to make room for him and his guests, wasn't about the establishments doing it for River Dave, because he's the "River Dave", but they'd do it for any Joe, flashing the right cash. 🤔

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ahhh now come on, my response was completely reasonable based on what could be easily construed as boasting about establishments clearing the deck for you and your group.

I agree that people don't complain when these types of things are in their best interest, but the examples you used were about what those establishments did for YOU, River "RDP" Dave.

It's OK, I LOLed after all, geeze since when do you run under the radar, ahhhh, never man. 👍

Like I always say.. you look hard enough for something you are gonna find it, doesn’t matter if it’s there or not. Lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Oh I see, you've pointed out what I might have misconstrued about River Dave's earlier post.
What I might have mistaken as him taking credit for booting out the natives to make room for him and his guests, wasn't about the establishments doing it for River Dave, because he's the "River Dave", but they'd do it for any Joe, flashing the right cash. 🤔

It is strange to me as old as you are that you don’t know how the world works.

Only a couple things make the world go round..